Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Re: Vikings: Battle for No. 2 QB may not be over

If BJ goes down early in the season there will be some shopping going on. No doubt.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    If BJ goes down early in the season there will be some shopping going on. No doubt.
    I honestly don't believe that. We (actually Childress) picked McMahon for a reason and drafted T.Jack for a reason, to be back ups. Sure, we'd WANT there to be shopping b/c no one is sold on any of the 3, but that's their jobs. That's what we're paying them for. Why pay them if we try to find someone else to use? There will be no shopping unless he's hurt BAD, as in career ending, and even then I'm skeptical they'll pick anyone up.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "jsa803" wrote:
    What About Tarvarius???? i think he should battle for the number 2 spot. I have heard nothing but good things about him and i dont think he should be forth string if we are really trying to make him a starter.

Also i want to add that my dream and i cant wait for ncaa and madden to come out so that i can draft Brady Quinn to purple. He would do wonders for our team and be the Quarterback of the present and future. Who agrees that at the end of the season Minnesota should do everything it can to pick him up in the draft?
    I would love to grab Brady Quinn...that guy has Super Bowl quarterback written all over him, but he's probably going to be the #1 pick (or at least top 3) in next year's draft. Picking him up if we're not picking in the top 5 would be next to impossible.

Also, Tarvaris isn't ready to be a #2 quarterback. He has a lot of work to do to learn the system and refine his play to become an NFL quarterback. A lot of times in the NFL you learn by doing, but throwing him into the fire this early would be more detrimental than it would be helpful.
    Why pick up Brady when we have Tarvaris and he'll have a year of NFL experience behind him? Sure he may not play, but he'll get to know the WCO and have learned things from his compatriots. Picking up Brady, even though he's good, would be dumb. Let's wait and see how T-Jack turns out first.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

T-JAck passes both of them pansies
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

boognish is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    Who's going to be available at that point? Are we going to bring Gannon out of retirement? :grin:

We brought in McMahon to back up Johnson and we're going to live or die with him at the helm, should Brad go down. Personally, I think McMahon is better than his stats would indicate and I believe that he has enough talent around him on this team to succeed if, god forbid, Johnson gets injured.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Well if we need a backup to come in and play and we cant make the playoffs we better go with TJ, he could use the experience. But lets all hope Brad stays healthy :???: .

"boognish" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Who's going to be available at that point? Are we going to bring Gannon out of retirement? :grin:

We brought in McMahon to back up Johnson and we're going to live or die with him at the helm, should Brad go down. Personally, I think McMahon is better than his stats would indicate and I believe that he has enough talent around him on this team to succeed if, god forbid, Johnson gets injured.
    That's my take on McMahon too. Living in MI, I see a bunch of Lions games, and I thought he performed better than Joey when he actually got to play. But hey, playing better than Joey's not that hard! :wink: (although I'll admit the Lion's receivers underachieved, with the exception of Vines)
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

I dont see us going after another QB when we did all that work to get T.j

he'll be our future, and so far i like how that looks. There is always the idea that if we wait another better might come along.. but there comes a time when u gotta say.. Ok.. here's our chance.. get this guy.

as for the backups.. I'm sure that if B.j goes down (finds wood to knock on) that McMahon will be able to step in and do somthing now sure if it'll be a S.b run but at least he'll keep us in the black&blue lead.

as for O.sull. i really am nervous about him taking over. i'd rather see T.j come in as the 3rd.. and in some game stance where it's 40 - 3 get young T.j in there to try and move the chains. !!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Well QB isn't exactly the strength of this team anyways. We are going to win games by controlling the ball on offense and solid defense. If Brad has to make 10-15 clutch throws a game, or we are constantly caught on 3rd and longs, it won't be a good season for us.

Thus, all we are asking from McMahon is for him to keep us in games if Brad gets injured. I think the pressure of replacing McNabb is much more than stepping in for BJ. With Brad our starter, I say we go 10-6. With McMahon, 8-8, so if Brad does go down I hope we will be 2 or 3 games above .500 before it happens. Of course our schedule isn't exactly friendly at the front end.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

yeah, our schedule is pretty rough early on. i do have faith in brad as long as the line can protect him long enough so that he doesn't get as banged up. we all know hes not the most agile qb out there! but in all honesty, i think we'll be alright once everybody gets a good feel with the revamped orginization.
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast