Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jsa803 is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings: Battle for No. 2 QB may not be over

What About Tarvarius???? i think he should battle for the number 2 spot. I have heard nothing but good things about him and i dont think he should be forth string if we are really trying to make him a starter.

Also i want to add that my dream and i cant wait for ncaa and madden to come out so that i can draft Brady Quinn to purple. He would do wonders for our team and be the Quarterback of the present and future. Who agrees that at the end of the season Minnesota should do everything it can to pick him up in the draft?
    Losers find excuses, Winners find a way!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"jsa803" wrote:
    What About Tarvarius???? i think he should battle for the number 2 spot. I have heard nothing but good things about him and i dont think he should be forth string if we are really trying to make him a starter.

Also i want to add that my dream and i cant wait for ncaa and madden to come out so that i can draft Brady Quinn to purple. He would do wonders for our team and be the Quarterback of the present and future. Who agrees that at the end of the season Minnesota should do everything it can to pick him up in the draft?
    I would love to grab Brady Quinn...that guy has Super Bowl quarterback written all over him, but he's probably going to be the #1 pick (or at least top 3) in next year's draft. Picking him up if we're not picking in the top 5 would be next to impossible.

Also, Tarvaris isn't ready to be a #2 quarterback. He has a lot of work to do to learn the system and refine his play to become an NFL quarterback. A lot of times in the NFL you learn by doing, but throwing him into the fire this early would be more detrimental than it would be helpful.

jsa803 is offline Rookie

Ok good points but having Tarvarious in second string isnt like throwing him on the starting line up. I am not a brad Johnson fan and am worried for the viking future at the QB position and i think the sooner we can get tarvarius ready the better for the team.

I think the vikings will have a shot for brady quinn if we can do some extremly intelligent trades. What if we drafted Chris Leak and traded him a second pick and a back up lineman for him? i could see a team who would be intrigued by that offer and i think it would be worth it for us.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Like Singers said, as a Viking fan, it is a lose lose situation.. Neither one is a threat.. So if BJ were to go down, then I think our season would follow him.. The only thing that we have in our favor, is our O-Line is a hell of alot better then it has been the past few seasons.. With our revamped line, any QB should do decent.. I think BJ will excell with it..

jsa803 is offline Rookie

i see what your saying, more than anything i think our running game will be the best it has been forawhile because of our new line.

But please some else admit it would be like a dream to see brady quinn sporting the number ten in our new jerseys!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "jsa803" wrote:

I would love to grab Brady Quinn...that guy has Super Bowl quarterback written all over him, but he's probably going to be the #1 pick (or at least top 3) in next year's draft. Picking him up if we're not picking in the top 5 would be next to impossible.

Also, Tarvaris isn't ready to be a #2 quarterback. He has a lot of work to do to learn the system and refine his play to become an NFL quarterback. A lot of times in the NFL you learn by doing, but throwing him into the fire this early would be more detrimental than it would be helpful.
    I would rather wait until the offseason and grab UFA Matt Schaub who we have previously had interest in. Brady Quinn is a little bit of a reach at this point for us. I doubt we get one of the top 5 picks this year, let alone top 15 barring a trade.

As for Tarvaris, let's just see how he progresses throughout training camp. If he wins the #2 spot as a better QB, then good for him, he will clearly make a better #2.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "jsa803" wrote:

I would rather wait until the offseason and grab UFA Matt Schaub who we have previously had interest in. Brady Quinn is a little bit of a reach at this point for us. I doubt we get one of the top 5 picks this year, let alone top 15 barring a trade.

As for Tarvaris, let's just see how he progresses throughout training camp. If he wins the #2 spot as a better QB, then good for him, he will clearly make a better #2.

I would rather wait until next offseason before any mention of next years draft or F/A.

Training Camp hasn't even started yet & you guys are already talking about next years draft! :lol:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jsa803 is offline Rookie

good point just saying our qb situation isnt very good at least not in my eyes.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "jsa803" wrote:

Schaub is not going to be an Unrestricted FA next year... he will be a "restricted" FA and that doesn't bode well for us or him. Since ATL can match any offer given to him, they will most likely try to pull a sign and trade thing OR just finally turn VIck into a wr/rb. It does seem messed up we are talking about aso-so RFA almost a year from when it MAY happen. :lol:

Thanks Lotza!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i think mcmahon has a leg up on o'sullivan, i mean, at least he's thrown an NFL pass

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast