i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings assign jersey numbers to draft picks

#7 and #82..

those numbers instill confidence in me

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So how does that change the odds of our former backup QB named Tarvarus getting re signed?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096492
    So how does that change the odds of our former backup QB named Tarvarus getting re signed?
    Jackson wouldn't want to resign here.

Hell, Edwards doesn't want to re-sign here.

It's looking like Rice won't resign here either.

Even AD feels like he's treated like a slave

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1096496

Funny that there are few on the the ole spreadsheet that think that is an issue.

Some want us to run out and spend our limited funds, that could be used on resigning/extending these cats on a Vet like Dnabb.

As to the numbers.......you have to excuse people on here for worrying about a number like 7. They either don't know their history. TJ wasn't the only Viking to ever wear that number.

Besides, a number doens't mean shit when it comes to how well a player plays. I know I had my favorite when I played, but in the end, it didn't matter, I still sucked.

Ponder will do well, not because of his number, but because his Dad instilled in him a great gene pool. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

And Harvin should have been changed to 82 to reflect his TE role......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096511

Funny that there are few on the the ole spreadsheet that think that is an issue.

Some want us to run out and spend our limited funds, that could be used on resigning/extending these cats on a Vet like Dnabb.

As to the numbers.......you have to excuse people on here for worrying about a number like 7. They either don't know their history. TJ wasn't the only Viking to ever wear that number.

Besides, a number doens't mean shit when it comes to how well a player plays. I know I had my favorite when I played, but in the end, it didn't matter, I still sucked.

Ponder will do well, not because of his number, but because his Dad instilled in him a great gene pool. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I hope he can play as well as Cunningham did for a good chunk of that one year. Take out the last half and a few plays at the end of the first half of the 98 NFCCG.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096511

Get the fuck over yourself, this is a thread about numbers. We`re talking about numbers. Anytime someone mentions anything about numbers, probowls, individual awards, Madden ratings, or Favre`s choice in lawn tractors, you feel the need to give us a life lesson on how to play as a team and how this is a football site, not a site about things that you don`t want to talk about.

This is a thread about numbers, Ponder is wearing 7. We just lost a shitty QB that wore 7. People will draw comparisons.
    Rudolph is wearing 82. Our last 82 was awful. People will draw comparasons. It means absolutely nothing except for that piece of fabric sewn onto his jersey, but in an offseason with no football, that the hell else is there to talk about.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1096517
    I hope he can play as well as Cunningham did for a good chunk of that one year. Take out the last half and a few plays at the end of the first half of the 98 NFCCG.
    Now that you mention it, aside from the "Deep Ball", I could see him playing exactly like Mr. C did.

Seen alot of deep balls thrown, when that cat was on, there were none prettier.

Judging by the scouting reports Ponder tends to "Float" the deep ball a bit. I hope, if thats the case, they keep him from working that aspect until he gets his defensive reads down. Floaters tend to be brought back the other way in this league.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096522
    Judging by the scouting reports Ponder tends to "Float" the deep ball a bit. I hope, if thats the case, they keep him from working that aspect until he gets his defensive reads down. Floaters tend to be brought back the other way in this league.
    Probably like any rook in the league, he'll have to make some adjustments to his throw, as some passes he can get awawy with in college won't work in the pros.

I hope that if he starts, it's because he deserves it, and if he starts, they don't limit him to a handful of plays. Obviously you can't overwhelm the kid on day one, but we need to attack the field. the odd long bomb every now and then, some intermediate routes, and some high percentage plays. We just can't become completely predictable, and I have a feeling Musgrave will do a good job at calling plays that do exactly that.

This won't be a 2009-type season, but probably better than our TJ days.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast