Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vikings Article

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Vikings Article

great work right there, we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds I think we'll address them then
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Great first post but I don't agree with a lot of the position rankings. SS is a pretty good position for us IMO with Tank and Offord both as potential starters. Otherwise good job and go get a free beer.

WSWR is offline Training Camp

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Great first post but I don't agree with a lot of the position rankings. SS is a pretty good position for us IMO with Tank and Offord both as potential starters. Otherwise good job and go get a free beer.

Well, actually I agree. But, keep in mind both players are coming off ACL tears and Tank has a one year contract...

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

wow nice first post

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Great post.

I agree with some but disagree with most.

It's like the guy on here who lists Hutch as one of his favorite Vikings players; too many assumptions with no plays to base it on (unless he's a Seahawks fan).

But I love the debate and opinion so keep posting like that.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Jeremy is offline Starter

Brad Johson is not the "perfect fit" for a west coact offense. He does have good touch on the short passes, but he's not mobile. He is the best fit we currently have on our roster. He's serviceable for a year or two. Mike McMahon is mobile but can't throw. He doesn't fit either. I agree we need a QB to develop.

Croyle has a cannon for an arm. I'm not sure where you read his arm wasn't the best, but that's not so. He is a pure a pocket passer and doesn't fit a west coast offense. He's not mobile at all, not even a little bit.

I don't think any guy we take in the third round is going to come in and be our #2 reciever. Typically guys drafted in the 3rd round or later don't see the feild much as rookies. You said it yourself, "it is important to remember that first year WR almost never do great things". Troy Williamson is in his second year, so we can expect more from him.

Tank Williams knee injury was in 2004, he is not coming off a knee injury this year. Williams is fully recovered he started in every game last year for the Titans. Willie Offord is the one that just tore up his knee. Neither can be counted on to be the long term solution. We have no real backup for Sharper. I agree that safety will be addressed in the draft.

Dontarrious Thomas is our new MLB. EJ Henderson is the WLB. If we draft Sims, EJ rides the pine.

I agree with the 8-8 record. I think we'll be a 6-8 win team. There is a ton of question marks surrounding this team. New coaching staff and new players all over the place. You can't expect everyone to fit in the new scheme. It's a rebuilding year even though Childress refers to it as "remodeling". It will be a few years before they get all of the right personnel on the roster.

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

hehe...i love when peeps say greenway cant cover...i am from iowa and watched him play alot...the dude is very good and can cover slot recievers if needed...he is also a ball-hawk...i dont get why the "experts" are so down on him...oh well...good post though...

peace...
    peace...

BradTheMan14 is offline Starter

"Jeremy" wrote:
    Brad Johson is not the "perfect fit" for a west coact offense. He does have good touch on the short passes, but he's not mobile. He is the best fit we currently have on our roster. He's serviceable for a year or two. Mike McMahon is mobile but can't throw. He doesn't fit either. I agree we need a QB to develop.

Croyle has a cannon for an arm. I'm not sure where you read his arm wasn't the best, but that's not so. He is a pure a pocket passer and doesn't fit a west coast offense. He's not mobile at all, not even a little bit.

I don't think any guy we take in the third round is going to come in and be our #2 reciever. Typically guys drafted in the 3rd round or later don't see the feild much as rookies. You said it yourself, "it is important to remember that first year WR almost never do great things". Troy Williamson is in his second year, so we can expect more from him.

Tank Williams knee injury was in 2004, he is not coming off a knee injury this year. Williams is fully recovered he started in every game last year for the Titans. Willie Offord is the one that just tore up his knee. Neither can be counted on to be the long term solution. We have no real backup for Sharper. I agree that safety will be addressed in the draft.

Dontarrious Thomas is our new MLB. EJ Henderson is the WLB. If we draft Sims, EJ rides the pine.

I agree with the 8-8 record. I think we'll be a 6-8 win team. There is a ton of question marks surrounding this team. New coaching staff and new players all over the place. You can't expect everyone to fit in the new scheme. It's a rebuilding year even though Childress refers to it as "remodeling". It will be a few years before they get all of the right personnel on the roster.
    srry ur wrong guy..vikes are gonna gel and pencil in the vikes for 10+ wins...do you see the talent we have i mean cmon...so much talent this is the year that it will transfer onto the field with good leadership ie. coaching staff...the new ownership really turned things around. mccombs was a joke. worst owner ever. tighter than a frogs back.
    Q: At your age, can you handle a full season?
    A: I m 37, number one. I took my family to Perkins a couple of days ago, and they didn t hand me a senior citizens discount card, so I feel pretty good.
    (Brad Johnson at an interview before the start of the season)

Jeremy is offline Starter

"BradTheMan14" wrote:
    srry ur wrong guy..vikes are gonna gel and pencil in the vikes for 10+ wins...do you see the talent we have i mean cmon...so much talent this is the year that it will transfer onto the field with good leadership ie. coaching staff...the new ownership really turned things around. mccombs was a joke. worst owner ever. tighter than a frogs back.
    Vagas gives out over/unders for wins for each team. We will have a 6.5-7.5 over/under. Go make some money of it if you are that convinced. Last year our over/under was 9 wins.

We have a head coach that's never been a head coach. A d-coordinator that's never been a d-coordinator and o-coordinator that's never been a o-coordinator. 5 new starters on defense.

They will gel, but that takes time. You can't expect instant sucess, it's not very realistic. The front half of the scedule is very tough. It's slow start and no playoffs.

WSWR is offline Training Camp

"Jeremy" wrote:

Brad may not be mobile but hopefully our new OL will make that not nessecary. But in terms of the waist up hes perfect. I perfer Omar Jacobs in the draft actually. This was an older version. Im already making some changes to it now and It will be re-posted 2-3 days before the draft and I will have a completely new paper out after that.

I dont recall saying that abour Croyle but its possible. If I did i was wrong and I apologize.

Eh, agian this is an older version and Webb is starting too high. On the new one he is #3 behind Troy Williamson. I am considering making him #4 but it doesnt really matter at this point.

I dont think the Sharper issue needs to be adressed here. But it is possible but id rather see a FA pick-up next year or draft one. I think he still has 3 years left in him. I was wrong about Tank, thanks for correcting me.

Agian, I was wrong.

We do have so much talent but I agree, 6-8 wins is what we will most liley get. Take a couple years to gel.

Thanks for this feed-back, its posts like these that make this paper worth writing and makes it better. Gets a new set of eyes looking at it and it really helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12