Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Vikings at Arizona.Your predictions

"Card" wrote:
    35-20 Cards.

Peterson will have around 90 yards, but it will be on 25-30 carries.
    The Cards are good at containing RBs.
    Jackson doesn't really scare most college teams, so I doubt the Cards are too worried about a non existent passing game.

The Cards have almost no running game, but show it enough to keep defenses off balance a little, they use the short passing game to simulate runs and the porous Vikings pass defense is probably about to break into tears right about now during film sessions.
    It's a catch-22, you try to jam them, they are far too big and fast and will go past them with ease, if you play off them, they run slants and eat you up with the YAC.

The Cards have been held under 20 points once in the past 22 games(Washington this season....17pts).
    The lowest point output by AZ at home this year is 29.
    This doesn't bode well for the Vikes who are similar to the Cards in that they play poorly on the road.

I can understand the excitement, but try to temper the enthusiasm a bit.
    The predictions of 13pts etc. are laughable...at best.
    Funny thing is if you replace Vikings with Cardinals and Vice Versa (including all players) his analysis was almost perfect

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V4L" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Cards- 38
    Vikes- 20
    Nice positivity

Vikings 42
    Cards 14

I try man

I see the game going to the Cards.. We suck on the road and I Don't think we can match up against their big 3
    Apparently you are already penciling Jackson in at QB then huh?

;D

Haha well both of them suck so
    I don't see them carrying us either way

Really?

;D

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Card" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Card" wrote:
    You folks are really setting yourselves up for an epic disappointment this weekend.
    Fill us in
    I already have in an earlier post.
    The Vikes would have to put up probably at least 30 points to win the game, when was the last time Jackson has lead the Vikes to more than 30 points?
    Week 13 last year?
    Hahaha
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Blog Entries

"Card" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Card" wrote:
    You folks are really setting yourselves up for an epic disappointment this weekend.
    Fill us in
    I already have in an earlier post.
    The Vikes would have to put up probably at least 30 points to win the game, when was the last time Jackson has lead the Vikes to more than 30 points?
    Week 13 last year?
    I think it was Sunday against your cardinals

In actuality they could have just put up a 5 FG performance like the one Jackson had against Indy and we still would have won. Please feel free to come back and give me the full blown, in depth analysis that led you to your way of thinking.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Card" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Card" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    Vikes as we all know have a great run D, therefore Cardinals are NOT going to run on us. They are going to PASS PASS PASS and PASS some more. This will give the Vikes D-linemen the opportunity to tee off on Kurt "Statue" Warner as the rest of the defense will be concentrating on stopping the pass. Cardinals have a horrible run defense, which will give the Vikes the opportunity to run all day. They are going to split the running fairly evenly between Taylor and Peterson. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of screens and dumps offs to take advantage of Peterson's speed and agility in the open field, with Taylor pounding it over the tackles. Vikes should be very successful running the ball.

I am really scared of the Cardinals' receivers - Boldin and Fitzgerald are not overly fast but have GREAT hands and leaping ability. I look for a lot of passes into the end zone when the Cardinals are in the red zone. As far as their running game, I say this: What running game? The only threat is Hightower near the goal line, and we all saw what happened to Chicago at the Dome two weeks ago when they tried three times to run it down our throats near the goal line. Hightower isn't any better than the Bears' Forte.

With all that said, this is NOT going to be a cakewalk for either team. This is going to come down to how well TJack performs as the leader, and special teams/field position will play a big part. The Vikes' running game will be the difference.

Prediction:
    Vikes 24
    Cardinals 21
    I was with you until you stated the Cards run D is terrible, at that point it was clear to me you have no clue what you are talking about.

I'll give your analysis a D-.
    Well, to us it's horrible... I apologize for Shock's analysis, we're just so used to having the best run stopping D in the league.

But your 12th place run D is adorable though... GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Yay!!!
    Nice. Condescending, I like it.
    Your run D is great, not the best, but damn good for sure.
    Luckily for us, that won't affect a thing we do, since we don't run the ball except on draws from the shotgun.

I know you'd like to think Kurt Warner is a statue and you'll come in and Allen will have 6 sacks, but it ain't happening.
    Compared to the times he drops back to pass Warner rarely gets sacked.
    So bring on the roiders and the cheap shot artist(Allen), and watch as Warner picks your defense apart like they were a bunch of Pop Warner defenders.

Peterson is a great back, but this will be far from a memorable game for him.
    Best run D in the league hahaha.
    D gets 4 sacks and pressures Warner all day hahaha.
    Peterson sets two franchise records hahaha.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    "Card" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Card" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    Vikes as we all know have a great run D, therefore Cardinals are NOT going to run on us. They are going to PASS PASS PASS and PASS some more. This will give the Vikes D-linemen the opportunity to tee off on Kurt "Statue" Warner as the rest of the defense will be concentrating on stopping the pass. Cardinals have a horrible run defense, which will give the Vikes the opportunity to run all day. They are going to split the running fairly evenly between Taylor and Peterson. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of screens and dumps offs to take advantage of Peterson's speed and agility in the open field, with Taylor pounding it over the tackles. Vikes should be very successful running the ball.

I am really scared of the Cardinals' receivers - Boldin and Fitzgerald are not overly fast but have GREAT hands and leaping ability. I look for a lot of passes into the end zone when the Cardinals are in the red zone. As far as their running game, I say this: What running game? The only threat is Hightower near the goal line, and we all saw what happened to Chicago at the Dome two weeks ago when they tried three times to run it down our throats near the goal line. Hightower isn't any better than the Bears' Forte.

With all that said, this is NOT going to be a cakewalk for either team. This is going to come down to how well TJack performs as the leader, and special teams/field position will play a big part. The Vikes' running game will be the difference.

Prediction:
    Vikes 24
    Cardinals 21
    I was with you until you stated the Cards run D is terrible, at that point it was clear to me you have no clue what you are talking about.

I'll give your analysis a D-.
    Well, to us it's horrible... I apologize for Shock's analysis, we're just so used to having the best run stopping D in the league.

But your 12th place run D is adorable though... GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Yay!!!
    Nice. Condescending, I like it.
    Your run D is great, not the best, but damn good for sure.
    Luckily for us, that won't affect a thing we do, since we don't run the ball except on draws from the shotgun.

I know you'd like to think Kurt Warner is a statue and you'll come in and Allen will have 6 sacks, but it ain't happening.
    Compared to the times he drops back to pass Warner rarely gets sacked.
    So bring on the roiders and the cheap shot artist(Allen), and watch as Warner picks your defense apart like they were a bunch of Pop Warner defenders.

Peterson is a great back, but this will be far from a memorable game for him.
    Best run D in the league hahaha.
    D gets 4 sacks and pressures Warner all day hahaha.
    Peterson sets two franchise records hahaha.
    That guy was a modern day football Nostradamus. How could any mere mortal see so clearly into the future as he did and still have the time to visit our lowly football discussion forum and pass out all of that wisdom for free?

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324