Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Vikings at Arizona.Your predictions

We want to win the NFCN Crown, we are going to play hard and we are not going to be un pre-pared for Warner. Frazier will mix his blitz packages, using more nickel and dime on early downs, with pressure from our guys up front who are gonna be playing pass almost exclusively I see Kurt gettin' a nice massage and a turf salad by JA,KW, and company. Could Cedric get his first pass interception of the year? I feel we are gonna get some turnovers, a defensive score or two, some short field chances for our O.

When on offense we are gonna see AD and CT split 30-40 carries with Gus throwing on first down a couple times, mix it up, a couple deep shots using
    play-action. We must
    sustain drives converting third downs, and scoring touchdowns, no penalties, or turnovers. Long drives help control the clock, keeping Warner off the field, and our D well rested. Watchout I expect the pride in Sydney and Bernard after hearing all week about the pro-bowlers on the Cards come up with some big plays themselves.

Bottom line.. Vikings Win

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

We need to get to Kurt Warner.
    Period.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    Cards will use the NE formula and come out with 5 and 4 WR's sets
    Top 5 receivers for the Cards are: WR Fitz, WR Bolden, WR Breston, RB Hightower, WR Urban.
    These guys are big, fast, and strong.
    NFL receiving rankings are #3, #8, #17.
    Warner loves to throw quick slants with lots of yac's.

I've heard posters mention the Saints as an example of how the Vikes can stop a passing team.
    The top 5 receivers for the Saints are: WR Moore, RB Bush, TE Shockey, TE Miller, WR Henderson.
    Vikes have DB's and LB's that can cover RB's and TE's.
    Saints top receiver Moore's rank is #26.
    Not even in the same league with the Cards.

The Cards pts per game average is #1 with 28.6.

Vikes haven't seen a team like the Cards, except Indy.
    Prepare to see an entire game like the 2nd half of the Indy game.

Vikes will win if:
    1. Cards are happy with winning the division and won't be up for the game.
    2. Vikes dominate TOP and score on every possession
    3. Vikes don't let the Cards get too far ahead, once the Vikes abandon the run game it's like waving a white flag.

don't forget that the cards see 3 of the bottom 8 teams in pass defense twice this year. The highest of those ranks 19th in total defense. I made this arguement in the chat box the other day and got laughed at. The fact of the matter is, if you have to play the NFC West this year, your GUARANTEED 3 wins... unless your the cowgirls. Boaldin and Fitz aren't terribly fast recievers, they are just big, and have very good hands. Just like Warners greatest show on turf, the way to beat this team is to get pressure, and play bump and run. Slow down their timing. This is a test of Frasiers understanding and gameplanning. This is a very winnable game. Just like the NFC East teams, the Cardinals have the advantage of playing against three very bad teams, and they have the advantage of playing them twice. Imagine seeing the '58 Packers (1-10-1), the 2008 Lions, and the '69 Bears (1-13) twice this year. We'd be undefeated in our division right now, and would be 10-3
    I agree the NFC West stinks and does pad their stats.
    But even when you look at their losses to very good pass defenses, Warner passes for 300+ yards.
    The only common factor among those losses is the opponents have a passing game.
    i.e. E. Manning, McNabb, Campbell, Favre, & Delhomme.

My main contention is if the game is kept close, the Vikes have a good chance of winning.
    But once the Cards start to pull away things could get scary.
    Also, I won't count the Cards out if the Vikes have a 21 pt lead.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleTide" wrote:

We want to win the NFCN Crown, we are going to play hard and we are not going to be un pre-pared for Warner. Frazier will mix his blitz packages, using more nickel and dime on early downs, with pressure from our guys up front who are gonna be playing pass almost exclusively I see Kurt gettin' a nice massage and a turf salad by JA,KW, and company. Could Cedric get his first pass interception of the year? I feel we are gonna get some turnovers, a defensive score or two, some short field chances for our O.

When on offense we are gonna see AD and CT split 30-40 carries with Gus throwing on first down a couple times, mix it up, a couple deep shots using
    play-action. We must
    sustain drives converting third downs, and scoring touchdowns, no penalties, or turnovers. Long drives help control the clock, keeping Warner off the field, and our D well rested. Watchout I expect the pride in Sydney and Bernard after hearing all week about the pro-bowlers on the Cards come up with some big plays themselves.

Bottom line.. Vikings Win
    I like your confidence, but I just don't see where you get it.

Living in AZ for 20 years, I've always expect the Cards to crumble, but this year they seem to have it together.
    Recently the Vikes don't do well against pass first teams, that can come out in 4 and 5 WR sets.

It would be great to put lots of pressure on, but Kurt only gets sacked about 4% of dropbacks.
    1st down % is #3 at 39%.

IMO the game could very well come down to game planning where the team that can impose their game and not make mistakes (in TO's Cards are +2 to our -2) wins.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

ktarinze is offline Rookie

were winning this game it seems like our year we should win this

Ranger is offline Coach

I really think that Arizona is a question mark.
    They play in a terrible division, and if the Seattle had been healthy, Arizona would probably be finishing #2 again.

If Minnesota loses to Arizona, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.
    I'm just being honest, here.
    If the Vikings cannot beat the Cardinals, then we wouldn't be able to beat any of the other playoff teams.

The closer we get to the game, the more confident I feel.
    Arizona has been feasting on slop, and it's time they get a dose of smashmouth reality.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Ranger" wrote:
    I really think that Arizona is a question mark.
    They play in a terrible division, and if the Seattle had been healthy, Arizona would probably be finishing #2 again.

If Minnesota loses to Arizona, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.
    I'm just being honest, here.
    If the Vikings cannot beat the Cardinals, then we wouldn't be able to beat any of the other playoff teams.

The closer we get to the game, the more confident I feel.
    Arizona has been feasting on slop, and it's time they get a dose of smashmouth reality.
    That is a bit unfair, seeing as we have already beat a playoff team, and played three more in close games. I understand that you're saying all NFC teams that are playoff-worthy have been the Cards, like the Giants, Skins, and Eagles, but the Cards do have nice wins over the Jets and Dolphins.

However, I will give you this. This is the type of game that a good/great team shows up for and wins. Vikings teams of the Childress/Tice eras typically do not win this game. In fact, if we win 2 of the next 3, you have to give major props to Childress for turning this thing around and making the Vikings relevant again.

I think another major reason why Arizona has had such a good year is that they have been enable to avoid the injury bug. They have two starters "limited in practice." We have Allen, Gus, Hicks, and Robison missing practice. If we had EJ and Gordon I would guess we'd have two more Ws, but hey, that's football.

The question marks surrounding QB and DL don't allow me to guarantee a win, but I really want to.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Big C is offline Coordinator

I predict a close loss because:
    1. We're playing on the road.
    2. Shutting down their run doesn't mean anything to their offense.
    3. Playing in the Dime most of the game means we won't be able to pressure Warner too much.
    4. I don't have much confidence in us pulling a game winning 2 minute drive regardless of who our QB is.

The key to a victory lies in TJ running the offense. The longer we keep their offense off the field, the higher are our chances.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

2 major things must happen for us to win

1. Defense needs to disrupt warner/wr timing.. this is their key to their offence.. IF we can get preasure on him and force throws off time. we can hold their O.. remember.. they are a pass first rush second O..

2. our O needs to perform.. it doesn't have to be 40 points.. but we will need more then 21 to beat the cards.

IF we do these 2.. the game is ours.

DiGiTAL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

The one thing w cant do in this game is settle for FG in the red zone, we are going to need to score Touchdowns to win this game.

And we have to get pressure on Warner, if we dont we lose but i think we can do it.

Are special teams need to play good, we cant give them good field position.

If we stop warner and we dont have turnovers we should win this game.

Tjack- 17-25 269 yards 2tds

AD 22- 154 1 td

Chester 6 45 1 td

Allen 2 sacks

K williams 1.5 sacks

P. williams .5 sacks

Edwards 1 sack

Warner
    27-44
    305 3td

hightower 13-22

Fitz 8-140 2td