Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143
  1. #11
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    My son was feeling sick last year during a game.
    He pulled his helmet up and blew chunks in the huddle.
    He also stayed in the rest of the on offense and defense without a rest.

    I guess my son is not an overpaid, pampered athlete either; he was playing because he loves football and wanted to be out there with his teammates.
    Just like McKinnie tried to battle through his illness until the coaches finally had enough of how much it affected his game.
    I guess this comes down to your own feelings about being sick, heart, and passion.


    That being said, this is how I feel:

    He should've never let it affect his game, period.
    I am sure he was feeling like a beat person and he may have just wanted out.
    But, he has you put all that crap aside and play.
    The Vikings are paying him a lot of money to more than average.


    Its been well documented in sports athletes who gave their all when thy were either sick or hurt, why should he be different?
    Teams have top notch trainers and access to almost anything.
    Pump the guy with fluids, tell him to stop pouting, and get your butt in there and block.

    What about the wounded soldier who chooses to fight?
    Come on now.

    McKinnie has played far from what we should expect from him this year, and yesterday he blew it completely.

    Now all I ask is that you put a little perspective into things here. You talk about your son playing sick, and that statement I can't use for shit.

    Fact is that McKinnie had had food poisoning according to the reports. Fact two is that he played badly.
    Now please just acknowledge that while some of his bad play might have been some of the same as we have seen from him all year, it might be possible that just some of the way he got totally dominated Sunday had to do with the aftermath of that illness. Secondly McKinnie DID in fact try to help the team in spite of his illness until the coaches called him off the pitch.

    So don't do it worse than it actually is.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  2. #12
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    McKinnie has been playing bad all year, not just last sunday. Also ive seen birk and hutch not only suck in pass protection but when they pulled for the run. I bet the right side of the line hasnt been beat by the rush much more then the overpriced left.

  3. #13
    Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    362

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    My son was feeling sick last year during a game.
    He pulled his helmet up and blew chunks in the huddle.
    He also stayed in the rest of the on offense and defense without a rest.

    I guess my son is not an overpaid, pampered athlete either; he was playing because he loves football and wanted to be out there with his teammates.
    Just like McKinnie tried to battle through his illness until the coaches finally had enough of how much it affected his game.
    I guess this comes down to your own feelings about being sick, heart, and passion.


    That being said, this is how I feel:

    He should've never let it affect his game, period.
    I am sure he was feeling like a beat person and he may have just wanted out.
    But, he has you put all that crap aside and play.
    The Vikings are paying him a lot of money to more than average.


    Its been well documented in sports athletes who gave their all when thy were either sick or hurt, why should he be different?
    Teams have top notch trainers and access to almost anything.
    Pump the guy with fluids, tell him to stop pouting, and get your butt in there and block.

    What about the wounded soldier who chooses to fight?
    Come on now.

    McKinnie has played far from what we should expect from him this year, and yesterday he blew it completely.

    Now all I ask is that you put a little perspective into things here. You talk about your son playing sick, and that statement I can't use for pooh.

    Fact is that McKinnie had had food poisoning according to the reports. Fact two is that he played badly.
    Now please just acknowledge that while some of his bad play might have been some of the same as we have seen from him all year, it might be possible that just some of the way he got totally dominated Sunday had to do with the aftermath of that illness. Secondly McKinnie DID in fact try to help the team in spite of his illness until the coaches called him off the pitch.

    So don't do it worse than it actually is.
    The reality is McKinnie got his payday...now it is time to chill.

    He is not even close to "the dominant left tackle" he is made out to be.
    His slow, soft, and a quitter.


    sig courtesy of PPE

  4. #14
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    "Hawgski" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    My son was feeling sick last year during a game.
    He pulled his helmet up and blew chunks in the huddle.
    He also stayed in the rest of the on offense and defense without a rest.

    I guess my son is not an overpaid, pampered athlete either; he was playing because he loves football and wanted to be out there with his teammates.
    Just like McKinnie tried to battle through his illness until the coaches finally had enough of how much it affected his game.
    I guess this comes down to your own feelings about being sick, heart, and passion.


    That being said, this is how I feel:

    He should've never let it affect his game, period.
    I am sure he was feeling like a beat person and he may have just wanted out.
    But, he has you put all that crap aside and play.
    The Vikings are paying him a lot of money to more than average.


    Its been well documented in sports athletes who gave their all when thy were either sick or hurt, why should he be different?
    Teams have top notch trainers and access to almost anything.
    Pump the guy with fluids, tell him to stop pouting, and get your butt in there and block.

    What about the wounded soldier who chooses to fight?
    Come on now.

    McKinnie has played far from what we should expect from him this year, and yesterday he blew it completely.

    Now all I ask is that you put a little perspective into things here. You talk about your son playing sick, and that statement I can't use for pooh.

    Fact is that McKinnie had had food poisoning according to the reports. Fact two is that he played badly.
    Now please just acknowledge that while some of his bad play might have been some of the same as we have seen from him all year, it might be possible that just some of the way he got totally dominated Sunday had to do with the aftermath of that illness. Secondly McKinnie DID in fact try to help the team in spite of his illness until the coaches called him off the pitch.

    So don't do it worse than it actually is.
    The reality is McKinnie got his payday...now it is time to chill.

    He is not even close to "the dominant left tackle" he is made out to be.
    His slow, soft, and a quitter.
    Just like I said: He has played far from what we can justifiably respect of him given his salary.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  5. #15
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Hawgski" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=38459.msg648526#msg648526 date=1191331398]
    My son was feeling sick last year during a game.
    He pulled his helmet up and blew chunks in the huddle.
    He also stayed in the rest of the on offense and defense without a rest.

    I guess my son is not an overpaid, pampered athlete either; he was playing because he loves football and wanted to be out there with his teammates.
    Just like McKinnie tried to battle through his illness until the coaches finally had enough of how much it affected his game.
    I guess this comes down to your own feelings about being sick, heart, and passion.


    That being said, this is how I feel:

    He should've never let it affect his game, period.
    I am sure he was feeling like a beat person and he may have just wanted out.
    But, he has you put all that crap aside and play.
    The Vikings are paying him a lot of money to more than average.


    Its been well documented in sports athletes who gave their all when thy were either sick or hurt, why should he be different?
    Teams have top notch trainers and access to almost anything.
    Pump the guy with fluids, tell him to stop pouting, and get your butt in there and block.

    What about the wounded soldier who chooses to fight?
    Come on now.

    McKinnie has played far from what we should expect from him this year, and yesterday he blew it completely.

    Now all I ask is that you put a little perspective into things here. You talk about your son playing sick, and that statement I can't use for pooh.

    Fact is that McKinnie had had food poisoning according to the reports. Fact two is that he played badly.
    Now please just acknowledge that while some of his bad play might have been some of the same as we have seen from him all year, it might be possible that just some of the way he got totally dominated Sunday had to do with the aftermath of that illness. Secondly McKinnie DID in fact try to help the team in spite of his illness until the coaches called him off the pitch.

    So don't do it worse than it actually is.
    The reality is McKinnie got his payday...now it is time to chill.

    He is not even close to "the dominant left tackle" he is made out to be.
    His slow, soft, and a quitter.
    Just like I said: He has played far from what we can justifiably respect of him given his salary.
    [/quote]

    That is why these assholes do not deserve big contracts.

  6. #16
    Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    362

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    There are some who deserve the big coin.
    Either you are a gamer or you are not.
    Winfield, the Williams', AD, EJ, these are gamers


    MCKINNIE IS NOT!!!!


    sig courtesy of PPE

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    McKinnie has been playing bad all year, not just last sunday. Also ive seen birk and hutch not only suck in pass protection but when they pulled for the run. I bet the right side of the line hasnt been beat by the rush much more then the overpriced left.
    Damn, Seriously, no smiley face, I think that is twice this month you and I agree on something.
    Great great post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,762

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    "Hawgski" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    My son was feeling sick last year during a game.
    He pulled his helmet up and blew chunks in the huddle.
    He also stayed in the rest of the on offense and defense without a rest.

    I guess my son is not an overpaid, pampered athlete either; he was playing because he loves football and wanted to be out there with his teammates.
    Just like McKinnie tried to battle through his illness until the coaches finally had enough of how much it affected his game.
    I guess this comes down to your own feelings about being sick, heart, and passion.


    That being said, this is how I feel:

    He should've never let it affect his game, period.
    I am sure he was feeling like a beat person and he may have just wanted out.
    But, he has you put all that crap aside and play.
    The Vikings are paying him a lot of money to more than average.


    Its been well documented in sports athletes who gave their all when thy were either sick or hurt, why should he be different?
    Teams have top notch trainers and access to almost anything.
    Pump the guy with fluids, tell him to stop pouting, and get your butt in there and block.

    What about the wounded soldier who chooses to fight?
    Come on now.

    McKinnie has played far from what we should expect from him this year, and yesterday he blew it completely.

    Now all I ask is that you put a little perspective into things here. You talk about your son playing sick, and that statement I can't use for pooh.

    Fact is that McKinnie had had food poisoning according to the reports. Fact two is that he played badly.
    Now please just acknowledge that while some of his bad play might have been some of the same as we have seen from him all year, it might be possible that just some of the way he got totally dominated Sunday had to do with the aftermath of that illness. Secondly McKinnie DID in fact try to help the team in spite of his illness until the coaches called him off the pitch.

    So don't do it worse than it actually is.
    The reality is McKinnie got his payday...now it is time to chill.

    He is not even close to "the dominant left tackle" he is made out to be.
    His slow, soft, and a quitter.
    It's hard to say how sick he felt and how hard he was trying while he was out there, I can't I'm not in his shoes but the one thing that I do remember was a preseason comment made by a rookie KC d line.

    McKinnie quote LINK

    So I guess by now everyone has read about what that Chiefs’ rookie said on HBO. In case you didn’t--he said our tackles are soft. He was speaking about us as a unit—he wasn’t directing it at anyone or pointing anyone out. Still, I’m part of that unit—he was talking about all of us, so of course I had to say something back. Although, what he said didn’t really even make sense anyway--you gotta remember that was practice. It wasn’t a game.
    Well when it was the game time the Vikes did get the first +100 rusher against the chiefs in ?? 10 years but there were 5 rushing plays for negative yards (-12), 4 with no gain and 5 sacks for -36 yards, 121 yards rushing with AP getting 102 of that and 165 yards passing.
    A rookie called out the o line (tackles) and McKinnie basically said that was just practise, problem was there was a follow up game and you'd think with the above quote these guys would want to own the Chiefs.
    But the Vikes came up short and the defense did hold KC to 13 points, offense was shutout in the second half and a rookie got away with calling the tackles soft.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    92

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    check out what profootballtalk.com has in its rumor mill.

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings aren't trying to make a trade

    "getyourrollon!" wrote:
    check out what profootballtalk.com has in its rumor mill.
    Better yet, I'll post it...

    VIKES-BUCS TRADE RUMOR MAKES SENSE FOR ONLY ONE TEAM

    Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune reports that the Vikings and the Buccaneers are rumored to be involved in trade talks that would send running back Chester Taylor and left tackle Bryant McKinnie to Tampa.

    As the report/rumor goes, Bucs G.M. Bruce Allen is trying to make it happen.
    But we can't imagine the Vikes biting on this one.

    If Taylor goes, who backs up Adrian Peterson?
    More importantly, who replaces "All Day" if his patellar tendon goes bye bye?

    If McKinnie moves, who plays left tackle?
    Ryan Cook?
    Chase Johnson?

    As Sunday night's game between the Eagles and Giants proved, it's critical to have a left tackle who has, at a minimum, the ability to put a hand on the right defensive end.
    (And, by the way, the Vikes eventually play the Giants.)
    Also, McKinnie was signed to a long-term deal in 2006.
    Though trading him now wouldn't create any additional cap burden for 2007, a lot of that $13 million carryover from the Pat Williams extension will likely be devoured if McKinnie is dealt.

    Besides, the Vikings privately defended the decision to give up a bunch of money to McKinnie based on the reality that solid left tackles can be found in one place -- the top ten of the draft.
    When you have one, you never let him go.
    And while McKinnie won't soon be confused with Walter Jones or Orlando Pace, McKinnie is good enough to keep around.

    So while such a trade makes great sense for the Bucs, it makes zero sense for the Vikings.

    Unless Tampa is offering Jeff Garcia.
    And if the Vikes can lure Willie Roaf or Tarik Glenn out of retirement.
    It wouldn't break my heart to see McKinnie go, and CT is expendable if we resign MeMo (although I would like to keep him around).
    What on earth could the Bucs be offering though?
    Seriously?

    EDIT - Instead of trading McKinnie, I would rather install an OL blocking the works and keep him.
    That's just me though...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Draft Day Trade Rumors
    By D4Vikes in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 12:01 AM
  2. Re: Draft Day Trade Rumors
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 09:29 PM
  3. Couple of Trade Rumors
    By iluvbigtds in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 07:16 AM
  4. Follow up on "Vikings cut 19 and make a trade..."
    By OchoCinco in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 02:19 AM
  5. Can we make a Randy Moss Trade thread please?
    By MossWilliamsHenderson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 07:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •