singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings appear ready to go young at MLB

Minnesota Vikings appear ready to go young at middle linebacker

Minnesota Vikings appear ready to go young at middle linebacker - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikings know they need a middle linebacker

Vikings know they need a middle linebacker | ProFootballTalk

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    I think Vikes go Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State and Robert Woods, WR, USC in the First Round... Assuming they are both available. Just a hunch... Then they go CB or DL in the Second Round.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I think Vikes go Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State and Robert Woods, WR, USC in the First Round... Assuming they are both available. Just a hunch... Then they go CB or DL in the Second Round.
    I still think they will either go with Patterson or Allen at WR in the 1st rd, whichever one is available. And they will go with either Ogeltree or T'eo at LB in the 1st, whichever one is available.

Vikings could have trouble getting Manti Teo or Alec Ogletree, Mel Kiper thinks

Vikings could have trouble getting Manti Te'o or Alec Ogletree, Mel Kiper thinks Vikings Now

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings appear ready to go young at MLB

That is the right way to go but only if they don't reach for a player that isn't worth the position out of need.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I think Dansby would be a good option for 1-3 years (bet he signs somewhere shortly after the draft!), and Urlacher is still jobless, but it certainly looks like we're planning on drafting somebody for that position, likely, Te'o. I don't know about moving up for him tho. Seems there's lots of folks talking him down, but almost every team bringing him in for a closer look. Maybe, Kiper is right and he won't get to us at 23.

Just for shits I looked up the trade chart values. Kiper suggests we might need to go to the Saints' no.15, to get ahead of the the MLB needy, middle of the draft: STL, PIT, DAL, NYG, CHI, possibly CIN and STL again. That would cost us our 3rd and early 4th, I say no way!

Personally, I like Jon Bostic. Not sure why he's not ranked higher...anybody got a clue there? He performed extremely well at the combine, ripping off a 4.6 40 at 6'1" and 245 lbs. He tossed up 22 reps and ran a third best 3-cone drill, which I consider very important at MLB, as it's an indictation of your ability to change directions and adjust to the play on the fly (Te'o was 6th). He's even got good experience having called the plays for the Gators, a top 5 college defense last year. I don't think he'll make it to the 3rd like most mocks project, but perhaps an early 3 or late 2nd would be good.

On a side note, for the most part, we have quality defensive coaches leading this team. Usually, you draft to your weakness, and hope to coach up your stengths...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Yeah, no way trading up to the #15 spot, just take BPA and keep our picks. I am also on board with signing Dansby as I don't think the Vikings should gamble on going with 3 rookie starters coming off a 10-6 record. As it sits, we will have a rookie CB, MLB, and WR starting for us which is great, but to risky IMO coming off a 10 win season and a playoff berth. Plus, AD is not getting any younger, we need to win while he is still in his prime.