Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: Vikings aplenty as NFL Head Coaches!

    heh..

    lots of good coaches have passed through here, 2 bad they weren't together at the same time!! with a real leader holding the reigns.

    i like how dungy takes his Defence born in Mn, to tampa.. and because of hte respect he earns there he makes the tampa-2..

    but even HE says it should be the Minnesota -2 as it started here!!


    why did we change?


    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings aplenty as NFL Head Coaches!

    "digital420" wrote:
    heh..

    lots of good coaches have passed through here, 2 bad they weren't together at the same time!! with a real leader holding the reigns.

    i like how dungy takes his Defence born in Mn, to tampa.. and because of hte respect he earns there he makes the tampa-2..

    but even HE says it should be the Minnesota -2 as it started here!!


    why did we change?


    DiGiTaL
    Because we didn't fire Green fast enough to be able to promote Dungy. Green spent all of the money on offense and sent the leftovers to defense,which is why he will never win a championship regardless of how many offensive weapons he gets.

  3. #13
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Vikings aplenty as NFL Head Coaches!

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    heh..

    lots of good coaches have passed through here, 2 bad they weren't together at the same time!! with a real leader holding the reigns.

    i like how dungy takes his Defence born in Mn, to tampa.. and because of hte respect he earns there he makes the tampa-2..

    but even HE says it should be the Minnesota -2 as it started here!!




    why did we change?


    DiGiTaL
    Because we didn't fire Green fast enough to be able to promote Dungy. Green spent all of the money on offense and sent the leftovers to defense,which is why he will never win a championship regardless of how many offensive weapons he gets.
    His new cardinals remind me A LOT of his old Vikings.
    Putting up huge numbers only to allow a crappy team to drive right down the field and answer back.

  4. #14
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Vikings aplenty as NFL Head Coaches!

    "digital420" wrote:
    heh..

    lots of good coaches have passed through here, 2 bad they weren't together at the same time!! with a real leader holding the reigns.

    i like how dungy takes his Defence born in Mn, to tampa.. and because of hte respect he earns there he makes the tampa-2..

    but even HE says it should be the Minnesota -2 as it started here!!


    why did we change?


    DiGiTaL
    DiGiTal,









    I posted something on the same lines about the Minny-2 D on another thread...Maybe we are are to something new for our Team..









    From this day on, I'll only refer to our D as the Minny-2 D...... ;D


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  5. #15
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings aplenty as NFL Head Coaches!

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    heh..

    lots of good coaches have passed through here, 2 bad they weren't together at the same time!! with a real leader holding the reigns.

    i like how dungy takes his Defence born in Mn, to tampa.. and because of hte respect he earns there he makes the tampa-2..

    but even HE says it should be the Minnesota -2 as it started here!!




    why did we change?


    DiGiTaL
    Because we didn't fire Green fast enough to be able to promote Dungy. Green spent all of the money on offense and sent the leftovers to defense,which is why he will never win a championship regardless of how many offensive weapons he gets.
    His new cardinals remind me A LOT of his old Vikings.
    Putting up huge numbers only to allow a crappy team to drive right down the field and answer back.

    Not to mention his tendency to bring in the latest washed up QB to run his offense.

  6. #16
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Vikings aplenty as NFL Head Coaches!

    Pete Carrol
    Monte Kifin (Not a Head Coach, but a top 5 cord)


    Lots of talent on our team as cordinators. You have to pay fat cash to keep a cordinator from trying his hand at coaching. Our team didn't hold onto our guys.


  7. #17
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,511

    Re: Vikings aplenty as NFL Head Coaches!

    "Del" wrote:
    Pete Carrol
    Monte Kifin (Not a Head Coach, but a top 5 cord)


    Lots of talent on our team as cordinators. You have to pay fat cash to keep a cordinator from trying his hand at coaching. Our team didn't hold onto our guys.





    I must say though Del,








    I'm happy to see when one of our very own home grown coridinators move on and succed with a team of their own.....One person I'm very proud of and happy for is Dungy.
    Even though I much rather would have seen him stay with us and become our head coach at some point..






    I don't like to see them move on to quickly though, someone like Tomlin, I'de like to see him stick around for about 5 years at least.....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  8. #18
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Vikings aplenty as NFL Head Coaches!

    "skum" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    Something I thought was very interesting . . . despite never winning a Super Bowl . . . the Minnesota Vikings are very well represented among the head coaching ranks of the NFL:

    1. Brad Childress - Head Coach, Minnesota Vikings
    2. Denny Green - Head Coach, Arizona Cardinals
    3. Jack DelRio -
    Head Coach, Jacksonville Jaguars
    4. Tony Dungy - Head Coach, Indianapolis Colts
    5. Brian Billick - Head Coach, Baltimore Ravens
    6. Scott Linehan - Head Coach, St. Louis Rams

    Anyone I forgot?
    Funny fact


    1. Brad Childress - Head Coach, Minnesota Vikings WIN!!(hopefully)
    2. Denny Green - Head Coach, Arizona Cardinals WIN
    3. Jack DelRio -
    Head Coach, Jacksonville Jaguars WIN
    4. Tony Dungy - Head Coach, Indianapolis Colts WIN
    5. Brian Billick - Head Coach, Baltimore Ravens WIN
    6. Scott Linehan - Head Coach, St. Louis Rams WIN
    I just came back to this topic because I thought we ran the table and then I saw this . . . you beat me to the punch.
    What a start to the season!

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Ranking all 32 NFL head coaches
    By BadlandsVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 08:02 AM
  2. Ranking the NFL Head Coaches
    By Purple Floyd in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 03:44 PM
  3. Age matters, especially with new head coaches
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 09:36 PM
  4. Rookie Head Coaches get Graded
    By Slade in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 03:37 PM
  5. Opening marks for the new head coaches
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 07:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •