Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings, Anoka County Close To Stadium Deal

Yeah. it would matter. Even without state funding it still has to go through the state government. Look at the Twins bill. That was asking for no state money.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

This sucks. Period.

Json is offline GM

It's a lost cause. With that dip-shit governor this will never happen. Thanks for trying Wilf!

purplepride818 is offline Starter

"VikingPatrick" wrote:
    Well, I dont get it!!
    How does a team like Arizona get a state of the art stadium built. They have been crap forever with an idiot for an owner always threatening to move his team. Yet they got it done!
    I am not into politics and dont really understand the B.S. that goes on but to me its very simple. Keep the politics out of it!! Mr Wilf should build his stadium and reap in all the profits for himself. Isnt that kinda what Jerry Jones does? There is so much to gain from a new stadium. Jobs, Superbowls, income, community upgrade, etc.
    Mr Spock said it best...."the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" in this case if the stadium is built, we all win there are no losers. the losers are those who have no interest in sports at all and do not want to open their wallets for something they dont need.
    Unfortunately, these are probably the polititions that are pulling the strings holding up the process!!
    They need to wake up and smell the manure.
    Yeah it stinks but it goes away after a while.
    I am from Los Angeles. Please dont bring the team here!!
    I look forward every year to going to at least 2 games to get waway from my wife for a couple of weekends a year!!! If they moved here I will not support them as they would become......
    The Los Angeles Riot.....The Raiders moved out thank god!! We dont need any more trouble!!

im with you patrick. i cant stand raiders fans as it is, i cant imagine rooting for a team with all those assholes. i dont know what i would do if they moved. the vikings are everything i know and love about sports and if their not in minnesota and not the vikings anymore i would probably sink into a major depression. i feel like telling all those idiot politicians and people who dont support it how stupid they are but im just 1 person 100s of miles away.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

As long as the Vikings stay the Minnesota Vikings.. im happy!!

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I think that they are going to get something done with no money from the state. I think that Wilf and Anoka will split the cost somehow and just have it built

Thanks PurpleMafia

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "I don't see any reason why the folks in Anoka County should have to pay even a part of a stadium for a billionaire sports owner," said Hamilton, who is in his 70s and said he contributes $50,000 every two years to political candidates.
    I won't even try to pretend that I understand US/ Minnesota politics or the way that they work - so I'm looking at this as an outsider. However people like this make me mad when they make stupid comments like that. It is so easy to forget about the benefits that it brings to the area in terms of jobs, taxes,etc - or is it that it's convenient to forget that.
    No like all the others whiners he'll accept the extra revenue that comes into the county that helps offset his his state and local taxes each year. He'll happily see his family benefit from jobs and business opportunities that arise from this and yet he doesn't want to spend one dime towards it.
    Senile old fool, and I thought dinosaurs died out long ago.. ever heard of the phrase ' speculate to accumulate' ?
    You nailed it Anglo. Older gentleman just trying to protect what he has long worked for, you can't blame him ... But I think he also is missing the point, it's only going to help his business in the long run having more attention on Anoka County.

What I don't understand is, what is his beef with the Vikes with what little amount of money they are asking for from the state?? Road construction and as of the last couple days PARTIAL funding for a roof that when a Super Bowl arrives (which we all know is a done deal if a roof is approved) will easily double the cost of such with funds back into the state.

I LOVE THE FACT that Wilfi is giving the state the finger and is strongly considering:

a) No Roof at ALL
    b) No road improvements

As Tags stated, GB and Chicago do very well without a roof and no superbowls. The road improvements will have to be done sometime by the state anyways, sure Wilfi would like them done now, but not a pressing need if it is going to kill the entire deal.

I am totally in favor of Northern Lights, stadium included, being owned and controlled by Wilf and the NFL only. Screw the State of MN House and Senate .... DO IT BY YOURSELF and circumvent the entire process.

The "Godfather" does it again, on his own.

I salute you Mr. Wilf !!!!!! :salute:
    If that was what Wilf and the NFL REALLY wanted...it would have happened already! What they want to do is milk as much as possible out of the MN government before they put up one cent of their own money...just like the rest of the major sports owners...because they CAN!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"shawn9876uss" wrote:
    I think that they are going to get something done with no money from the state. I think that Wilf and Anoka will split the cost somehow and just have it built
    god the state is sooo slow!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345