Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Dibbzz is offline Starter

Re: Vikings to announce deal with Ramsey County at 4

I actually live to the city just north of where this is going to go down (Circle Pines). I was talking about this with my good friend whom I've known since second grade (who lives in Shoreview almost practically adjacent to the TCAAP site) and he brings up a couple of good points. First off, there is a nature preserve of sorts right off of County Road I and 35W that has a walking path that we frequent quite regularly to just go for a walk and have a good time. Well with the proposed stadium that is all going to be monitored heavily by the police. That means likely more trash and garbage being tossed about and overall with more people and overall the quality of the preserve will lessen as a result.

Secondly, if this stadium goes through then likely there's also at some point going to be a light rail coming through. Maybe not right away but ultimately my feeling is that one would be built. This potentially could mean more crime to the area and an influx of inebriated fans and the shenanigans that comes with them. Definitely not something I'd want in my (for now) cozy close-knit community.

Third. Traffic. We were eating at the OCB by Rosedale Mall and by god is driving/navigating in that area chaotic. I can only imagine it's going to be like 98689342137283459823 times worse than Rosedale. Hell, it possibly could rival the MOA's traffic on Gamedays.

Long story short: it would make the Viking fan in me very happy to keep the team in the state and not in Los Angeles. But on the other hand it's going to suck for those like myself and my friend who live in the area and the (likely) increased crime and traffic that's going to come with it. I guess personally I'd like to keep it in Minneapolis where in my humble opinion the Vikings should stay but be that as it may having the team in Arden Hills would bring some positives to the local economy to help stimulate it. For example, the NorthTown Mall in Blaine and surrounding areas would see some much needed economic growth. Other areas I'm sure would see some much needed growth like perhaps the Village in Blaine and some businesses off of Lake Drive. The question is whether or not this increased growth in the local economy would be worth the hooplah that this stadium is going to bring with it (crime, drunkenness, etc.). What do some of you on here feel about this who live in the area? I must say I feel like I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place and as much as I love the Vikings I feel torn between them and keeping my sanity since I live close to where this is going down.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Dibbzz" #1097572
    I actually live to the city just north of where this is going to go down (Circle Pines). I was talking about this with my good friend whom I've known since second grade (who lives in Shoreview almost practically adjacent to the TCAAP site) and he brings up a couple of good points. First off, there is a nature preserve of sorts right off of County Road I and 35W that has a walking path that we frequent quite regularly to just go for a walk and have a good time. Well with the proposed stadium that is all going to be monitored heavily by the police. That means likely more trash and garbage being tossed about and overall with more people and overall the quality of the preserve will lessen as a result.

Secondly, if this stadium goes through then likely there's also at some point going to be a light rail coming through. Maybe not right away but ultimately my feeling is that one would be built. This potentially could mean more crime to the area and an influx of inebriated fans and the shenanigans that comes with them. Definitely not something I'd want in my (for now) cozy close-knit community.

Third. Traffic. We were eating at the OCB by Rosedale Mall and by god is driving/navigating in that area chaotic. I can only imagine it's going to be like 98689342137283459823 times worse than Rosedale. Hell, it possibly could rival the MOA's traffic on Gamedays.

Long story short: it would make the Viking fan in me very happy to keep the team in the state and not in Los Angeles. But on the other hand it's going to suck for those like myself and my friend who live in the area and the (likely) increased crime and traffic that's going to come with it. I guess personally I'd like to keep it in Minneapolis where in my humble opinion the Vikings should stay but be that as it may having the team in Arden Hills would bring some positives to the local economy to help stimulate it. For example, the NorthTown Mall in Blaine and surrounding areas would see some much needed economic growth. Other areas I'm sure would see some much needed growth like perhaps the Village in Blaine and some businesses off of Lake Drive. The question is whether or not this increased growth in the local economy would be worth the hooplah that this stadium is going to bring with it (crime, drunkenness, etc.). What do some of you on here feel about this who live in the area? I must say I feel like I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place and as much as I love the Vikings I feel torn between them and keeping my sanity since I live close to where this is going down.
    You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

No matter where it's built, it's going to affect something. It will definitely boost the economy there in Arden Hills, but degrade the economy downtown. There are many businesses that relied on the Vikings & Twins playing there. They lost business when the Twins moved. They will lose more once the Vikings move.

I doubt Dome Plus will survive & Hubert's will definitely feel the hurt, as will parking lot/ramp owners.

I think the rewards will far outweigh the downfalls & IMO, don't believe it will cause crime & drunkenness to run rampant.

Certainly the consequences of them moving there are much more beneficial than them moving to LA.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1097250
    Quote Originally Posted by "aceclown" #1097237
    An overview of the site plan, sort of disappointing to see the majority of parking distanced a ways from the stadium-

I think that training facility is just a waste of space. What's wrong with Winter Park?
    M-Overnight tailgating

Ok I'm sold, let's get this thing done!!

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

how many of you called your legislator today?
    Purple till i die

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234