Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' Allen lives up to expectations

[size=13pt]Vikings' Allen lives up to expectations[/size]

Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, after watching his new All-Pro end up close, is impressed by his work ethic, talent and camaraderie with teammates.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: August 21, 2008 - 11:55 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' Allen lives up to expectations

He might have lived up to certain expectations but as long as he keeps over running run plays and jumping over the top of QBs he hasn't lived up to mine.

Marrdro waits for the yutz's to counter with "He got two sacks", ready to discuss that DE's do more than just sack QB's.
    :
    :
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hey, if he can average sack and game and get consistent pressure on the QB, I'll be ecstatic.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    He might have lived up to certain expectations but as long as he keeps over running run plays and jumping over the top of QBs he hasn't lived up to mine.

Marrdro waits for the yutz's to counter with "He got two sacks", ready to discuss that DE's do more than just sack QB's.
    :
    :
    :
    I think you need to expect to see more of that type of play this year and I think you will see it from Edwards too. What I hope is that the extra yardage we yield to the screens and draws is more than offset by increased sacks and by the secondary not getting picked apart by every QB we face. If we get both it will be worth it. But I will go out on a limb and say that we fall to about number 8 against the run but be in the top 10 against the pass. I can live with that.

Viking_Cheef is offline Waterboy

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    :
    :
    I think you need to expect to see more of that type of play this year and I think you will see it from Edwards too. What I hope is that the extra yardage we yield to the screens and draws is more than offset by increased sacks and by the secondary not getting picked apart by every QB we face. If we get both it will be worth it. But I will go out on a limb and say that we fall to about number 8 against the run but be in the top 10 against the pass. I can live with that.
    I agree it will be a give and take situation.
    Yes we may not tackle the RB at the LOS every time but hey at least a DE will be able to get behind the LOS.
    The rest lies with the LB's to pick up slack in running game which should make them feel better not always having to drop back in pass coverage.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Viking_Cheef" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    :
    :
    I agree it will be a give and take situation.
    Yes we may not tackle the RB at the LOS every time but hey at least a DE will be able to get behind the LOS.
    The rest lies with the LB's to pick up slack in running game which should make them feel better not always having to drop back in pass coverage.

+1.

Greenway and Leber will need to bring their A game every week.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Success defintion, O-line vs. D-line:

O-line:
    Out of 100 plays, on 99 you blocked well and blew 1 [QB sacked] = "bad day".

D-line:
    Out of 100 plays, you didn't do much on 99 plays, and got to the QB on one = "good day".

Kind of says it all, no ? The O-line guys call the D-linemen "clerks" [and they think of them as being interchangable guys with low IQs], who just have to "crash the line" without thinking. O-line guys have to be very smart and think a lot. D-line guys just need to "create chaos" (Warren Sapp's line).

I am confident that 69 can do that and out of 100 plays, get to the QB once a game. Good day.

I am also sure that Allen will overpursue and get burned more than once a game by that. But so did Richard Dent and Derrick Thomas and Laurence Taylor and all the fast, great D-linemen. that doesn't worry me at all, as long as 69 is creating chaos and stirring up the shit.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:

:
    :
    :
    I just hope that he consistantly stops the run as well as put pressure on the QB.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

"gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    :
    :
    I just hope that he consistantly stops the run as well as put pressure on the QB.
    I hope so too, cause it looks like he didn't do a good job of that against the Ravens.

ALL DAY!!!

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

I thought he did fine vs the run, he's an all around guy.
    Greenway is the one who did bad against the run last week.
    I think i've watched 1 play against San Diego where Jared Allen had a long run given up against him because of a rush up field.
    All Defensive ends will have that happen if they are going to give up the quarterback.
    Honestly our rush D shouldn't be any worse then before but our Pass D should improve drastically.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast