Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Great signing. Young enough to play out the whole contract without much drop in production, and a steady average for 3 years running of 55 tackles and 3 sacks a year!

Welcome aboard LJ!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Linval Joseph is a player I wanted the Vikings to target. He stuffs the run and provides pressure inside on passing plays.

This is a great move for the Vikings.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    This move improved two spots IMO, now we will really see if Floyd is the real deal. We needed a big warpig next to him to eat up double teams. Floyd in the 3 tech should flourish now or he may be a bust. Great signing, the other one I really wanted was Bird but that idea has flown the coop. Revis is said to be on his way out in Tampa so maybe we could make a run at him. If we did manage to sign him I would say we should look to the draft now. Unless we can find a great guard in FA.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    I LOVE the signing of Joseph! He will help fortify that defensive line (like the Swiss cheese assessment from one of you), and this will help us stop the run better. Next on the list are LB and CB. Do any of you know how much money we have left to spend in free agency?

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    I LOVE the signing of Joseph! He will help fortify that defensive line (like the Swiss cheese assessment from one of you), and this will help us stop the run better. Next on the list are LB and CB. Do any of you know how much money we have left to spend in free agency?
    zim wanted him . that sez alot and zim is building from the trenches back ..thats the way you build a defence

Love the move! I know its the off-season and its easy to be overly positive about your team, but I like what we are doing in the face of a pretty difficult off-season......carry on Front Office, carry on!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings agree to terms wit DT Linval Joseph

Marty is on cloud 9

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    This is a huge, huge signing for the Vikings (and one I called)...

This guy is going to be Pat Williams Part Deux. Maybe a bit svelter than Pat's listed 315 lbs (LOL), but not by much. Guy is much like Pat...not a sack artist but gets great penetration and collapses the pocket, takes on two blockers, great run stuffer. Will keep the LBs clean in his area. I suspect he's capable of being a 3 down player, but my guess is they will substitute in some pass rush ability on obvious passing downs.

Value is right for a steadily improving player who is just entering his prime. Has got plenty of starting experience and has been injury-free. Immediately provides a quantum leap for the Vikes run D. I'm telling you, the Vikings hit a homer on this one.

Linval Joseph Highlights // New Viking - YouTube
    Last edited by purplepat; 03-16-2014 at 07:35 AM.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123