Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

Re:Vikings against the world in NFC championship

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Let me say this, though. No disrespect against the Vikes fans, and I bet that you've heared this a lot, but... If there's one city that deserves a ring, it's New Orleans. If there's one coach who deserves a ring, it's Sean Payton and if there's one player who deserves a ring, it's Drew Brees.
    If there is one team that deserves a ring, it is the Vikings. We are on the verge of losing our team. Chilly gets heat all the time. He deserves a ring. Favre deserves a ring. So many said he was done. We deserve it just as much. We get crap all the time from Packer fans. Do you know how many times I have seen that stupid cigarette box joke. It is our time. Brees has more seasons left. For Favre, it is do or die.
    I'm pretty sure that Favre has a ring.
    What the fuck does that have to do with the fact that he deserves one when all the Puker fans, other NFL fans, and the media said he was finished and should retire? That a 40 year can't win a Super Bowl?
    God, you're an angry little man.

I don't buy that any particular player or coach or owner "deserves" a ring. The only people that "deserve" anything are the long-suffering fans of franchises that have not won the big cheese, IMHO.

Fans of *both* of these teams are deserving of a title. Sure, the Vikings have lost 4 Super Bowls and suffered some horrible heartbreak in big games. Well - the freaking Saints have probably only played in 3 or so big games in their entire franchise history.

=Z=
    You speak real truth there, Z! This week's game is clearly the biggest game in New Orleans Saints history. Had we ever made a Super Bowl then that game would have logically been bigger.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Let me say this, though. No disrespect against the Vikes fans, and I bet that you've heared this a lot, but... If there's one city that deserves a ring, it's New Orleans. If there's one coach who deserves a ring, it's Sean Payton and if there's one player who deserves a ring, it's Drew Brees.
    If there is one team that deserves a ring, it is the Vikings. We are on the verge of losing our team. Chilly gets heat all the time. He deserves a ring. Favre deserves a ring. So many said he was done. We deserve it just as much. We get crap all the time from Packer fans. Do you know how many times I have seen that stupid cigarette box joke. It is our time. Brees has more seasons left. For Favre, it is do or die.
    What the fuck does that have to do with the fact that he deserves one when all the Puker fans, other NFL fans, and the media said he was finished and should retire? That a 40 year can't win a Super Bowl?

I don't buy that any particular player or coach or owner "deserves" a ring. The only people that "deserve" anything are the long-suffering fans of franchises that have not won the big cheese, IMHO.

Fans of *both* of these teams are deserving of a title. Sure, the Vikings have lost 4 Super Bowls and suffered some horrible heartbreak in big games. Well - the freaking Saints have probably only played in 3 or so big games in their entire franchise history.

=Z=
    Can't do anything but agree, there. Both franchises are long overdue for a SB title.

It's just that that team is more than a football team for that city, it seems. Drew Brees is an amazing person, not just a great QB. Sean Payton might just be the best HC in the league right now. They don't actually deserve a Super Bowl before they win one, but it's just that I wouldn't mind them taking the title this year.

Like you said, though, the Vikes have had their share of heartbreakers. Going to the big dance that often and not winning anything... Only Bills and Vikings fans know what that feels like.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

green hornet is offline Starter

Digging up excuses already? When you lose you are just going to say well, we were suppose to lose. Get real. The vikings are underdogs because they suck on the road, plain and simple.

Dieter wrote:
    I imagine only actual Vikings fans will be cheering for the purple on Sunday. The Saints will be pretty much the rest of the worlds choice because of what that city has been through.

Vikings by definition are bad guys so I guess this game fits, even my wife wants the Saints to win :laugh:

If it was any other team on the other line of scrimmage I'd be rooting for Brees and the boys myself, but since its not any other team...

CRUSH THE SAINTS TILL THAT STUPID FLEUR DE LIES IS AS BLOODIED AS THE STAR

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

green hornet wrote:
    Digging up excuses already? When you lose you are just going to say well, we were suppose to lose. Get real. The vikings are underdogs because they suck on the road, plain and simple.
    Wow. You've turned into a dipshit really quickly after unloading all of your playoff tickets.

No - the Vikings are an underdog because Vegas sets the line that way so that 50% of the wagers are on both sides of the line. That way, they make money no matter what happens.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Rockmolder wrote:
    It's always the media and the world against the Vikes around here. :laugh:

It should be an interesting game. If you ask me, the Saints and the Vikings are the best teams left in the play-offs right now. Who ever will be representing the NFC, I'd feel comfortable about them winning it all. This game is too close to call for me.

Rockmolder you are usually levleheaded and a good poster, but we can tell that the Packer fans are being eaten up inside!

Packer fans expected to be playing the Vikes in the NFC Championship game! And most thought that you would have beat us and get your redemption but it didn't happen and it's eating all of you up inside.

I can see it in your posts! You are hoping that the Aints beat us because you can't stand the thought that Favre is leading us to the Superbowl and if it happens and we win (prey to God let it be) and are the Champs it will be to much to take for the Packer faithful!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

green hornet wrote:

Dieter wrote:
    I imagine only actual Vikings fans will be cheering for the purple on Sunday. The Saints will be pretty much the rest of the worlds choice because of what that city has been through.

Vikings by definition are bad guys so I guess this game fits, even my wife wants the Saints to win :laugh:

If it was any other team on the other line of scrimmage I'd be rooting for Brees and the boys myself, but since its not any other team...

CRUSH THE SAINTS TILL THAT STUPID FLEUR DE LIES IS AS BLOODIED AS THE STAR

We beat your sorry ass team on the road badly and it was fun!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Not anger, passion.

SuePrudhomme is offline Waterboy

=Z=
    Yeah, I'm delighted with this match-up for a lot of reasons, but this is a big one. No matter who wins it in the NFCCG, it'll be a team that deserves it. Lord knows that we here in New Orleans hope it's us--but if it can't be us, it'll be another team and another city to whom it really matters.

Although I'm pulling for the Saints with every fiber of my being, I have to have at least a little love for the team that sacked Romo six times. Six times! Woo!
    None

green hornet wrote:
    Z is being nice.

Simply put ... you're a dick and really always have been ... but good job being polite long enough to sell those tickets so we could watch OUR team win, while your team sat at home.

4-4 on the road is hardly "sucking." It is more like average. If we suck on the road so much how come we beat the shit out of your sorry team in their house?

Nobody is making excuses. We are rightfully the underdogs being that we are the No. 2 seed and they are the No. 1 and at home. That is just how it should be right?
    None

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I don't buy the title. The Saints are consistently underrated by the media (most years since 1967, because they deserve to be). Problem is, both team's fans would prefer to be underrated because there is the perception that both teams play better as underdogs.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast