NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    If things keep on going like they are, could we soon see the first ever stadium sell out with no people in it?
    LOL.

The only encouraging part is that the Vikings are still selling 60,000 tickets - despite the poor season(s).
    Hopefully something will happen soon to generate excitement again.

Personally I wish they would stop announcing the "nth consecutive sellout" at the games.
    The sellout streak officially ended for my at the home opener this year.
    So - at no point during the streak prior to this year have the corporations needed to step in?

=Z=
    I was thinking of asking the same question.
    NP is up on all that stuff.
    How about it Paul
    :
    I thought that since the sellout run started that no-one has had to step in to ensure it continued , not least until this season
    You are correct AV.
    This is the first season since 1995 that a corporation has had to step up and buy out the remaining tickets.
    Back then, The Pillsbury Company (General Mills) created a fund to buy up remaining tickets for several games, but that pot expired in the mid-1990s and blackouts were no longer saved by the “white knights” of the business world.
    There were blackouts in 1996 and 1997.

There were rumors about it last year, but it was never confirmed by the Vikings.
    And since they never had to apply for an extension from the NFL, I doubt that the rumors were founded.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"clark_griswold" wrote:
    My parents are driving up for the game. I actually wish i would have gotten tickets now that Culpepper is going to start. I'd like to see him one way or another. Either he will get beat up or he will show that he should still be our QB.
    It isn't too late!
    There is a shit load of tickets still available.
    Hell, you can get lower level seats for $50 a pair right now.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Vikings+Ra iders+tickets&category0=
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Back then, The Pillsbury Company (General Mills) created a fund to buy up remaining tickets for several games, but that pot expired in the mid-1990s and blackouts were no longer saved by the “white knights” of the business world.

Dang, you beat me to it.
    I remembered some big company buying out some games in the 90's but not who.

The Vikings benefited from a similar arrangement in 1979, when General Mills agreed to set aside $1.5 million to purchase unsold tickets. That arrangement with General Mills expired in 1994.
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1401946.html

Blog Entries

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Dang, you beat me to it.

The Vikings benefited from a similar arrangement in 1979, when General Mills agreed to set aside $1.5 million to purchase unsold tickets. That arrangement with General Mills expired in 1994.
    LOL.
    I have a vast repository of useless knowledge that comes in handy every once in a while.
    I am surprised Zeus didn't beat us both to it.
    I know more useless fact, but he is much better at finding it on Google...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Dang, you beat me to it.

LOL.
    I have a vast repository of useless knowledge that comes in handy every once in a while.
    I am surprised Zeus didn't beat us both to it.
    I know more useless fact, but he is much better at finding it on Google...
    I'm WFH today, watching the 4-year-old while the wife rests.
    One month to go on the son.
    So it's harder for me to keep track.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "clark_griswold" wrote:
    My parents are driving up for the game. I actually wish i would have gotten tickets now that Culpepper is going to start. I'd like to see him one way or another. Either he will get beat up or he will show that he should still be our QB.
    It isn't too late!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Vikings+Ra iders+tickets&category0=
    Hell, those are the tickets you should be jumping all over then......Try getting some tickets to the
    Giants or Pats.....It's very do-able,
    but cost ya........I'm looking at two right now for my son and I and it's looking like around $250 for the pair to see the Vikings take on the Giants in NY....And those aren't even great seats......Nose Bleed section... >

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "clark_griswold" wrote:
    It isn't too late!

Hell, those are the tickets you should be jumping all over then......Try getting some tickets to the
    but cost ya........I'm looking at two right now for my son and I and it's looking like around $250 for the pair to see the Vikings take on the Giants in NY....And those aren't even great seats......Nose Bleed section... >
    Yeah, I am trying to get a pair of tix for that game too. The price is incredibly high and the seats are real shitty... but I have to go to this game. No choice.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "clark_griswold" wrote:
    It isn't too late!

Yeah, I am trying to get a pair of tix for that game too. The price is incredibly high and the seats are real shitty... but I have to go to this game. No choice.
    Why don't you fly out to Minneapolis and go to a game? Tickets are really cheap.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

this is kinda getting depressing

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "clark_griswold" wrote:
    It isn't too late!

Why don't you fly out to Minneapolis and go to a game? Tickets are really cheap.
    Not a bad idea... and I won't be surrounded by Giants fans.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast