Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Vikings again elude tv blackout

    WCCO and Miller brewing bought up the remaining tickets.

    http://wcco.com/sports/vikings.sell.out.2.568574.html

  2. #2
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    Wow - 2000 tickets. That is a lot more than the other games had...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #3
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    I wonder how long it will be untill these groups get sick of doing this.

  4. #4
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    I wonder how long it will be untill these groups get sick of doing this.
    It is a $ issue.
    WCCO would stand to lose a large amount of money due to a blackout.
    I am also sure that Miller will do alot of advertising during the game.
    I wonder if WCCO gave Miller some type of break on advertising for them to help in the purchase of the remaining tickets.
    I bet they did.

  5. #5
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,712
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    If things keep on going like they are, could we soon see the first ever stadium sell out with no people in it?

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    "scottishvike" wrote:
    If things keep on going like they are, could we soon see the first ever stadium sell out with no people in it?
    LOL.

    The only encouraging part is that the Vikings are still selling 60,000 tickets - despite the poor season(s).
    Hopefully something will happen soon to generate excitement again.

    Personally I wish they would stop announcing the "nth consecutive sellout" at the games.
    The sellout streak officially ended for my at the home opener this year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    If things keep on going like they are, could we soon see the first ever stadium sell out with no people in it?
    LOL.

    The only encouraging part is that the Vikings are still selling 60,000 tickets - despite the poor season(s).
    Hopefully something will happen soon to generate excitement again.

    Personally I wish they would stop announcing the "nth consecutive sellout" at the games.
    The sellout streak officially ended for my at the home opener this year.
    So - at no point during the streak prior to this year have the corporations needed to step in?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    If things keep on going like they are, could we soon see the first ever stadium sell out with no people in it?
    LOL.

    The only encouraging part is that the Vikings are still selling 60,000 tickets - despite the poor season(s).
    Hopefully something will happen soon to generate excitement again.

    Personally I wish they would stop announcing the "nth consecutive sellout" at the games.
    The sellout streak officially ended for my at the home opener this year.
    So - at no point during the streak prior to this year have the corporations needed to step in?

    =Z=
    I was thinking of asking the same question.
    NP is up on all that stuff.
    How about it Paul
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    150

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    My parents are driving up for the game. I actually wish i would have gotten tickets now that Culpepper is going to start. I'd like to see him one way or another. Either he will get beat up or he will show that he should still be our QB.

  10. #10
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,776
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Vikings again elude tv blackout

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    If things keep on going like they are, could we soon see the first ever stadium sell out with no people in it?
    LOL.

    The only encouraging part is that the Vikings are still selling 60,000 tickets - despite the poor season(s).
    Hopefully something will happen soon to generate excitement again.

    Personally I wish they would stop announcing the "nth consecutive sellout" at the games.
    The sellout streak officially ended for my at the home opener this year.
    So - at no point during the streak prior to this year have the corporations needed to step in?

    =Z=
    I was thinking of asking the same question.
    NP is up on all that stuff.
    How about it Paul
    :
    I thought that since the sellout run started that no-one has had to step in to ensure it continued , not least until this season
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 09:36 PM
  2. Vikings Avoid Blackout
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 03:46 PM
  4. Vikings official optimistic that blackout won't happen
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
  5. Another Blackout On The Horizon
    By thevikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 11:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •