Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings after Garcia?

Well, OK maybe not just yet, but the thought is floating around.

Oh, and before I post the link, I would like you all to appreciate how finely written this article was. It is pure brilliance.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/15/vikes-should-grab-garcia/

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Vikings after Garcia?

It doesn't say we are. He's saying we should be. The reason Florio is known as a rumor monger is because he will post his thoughts and speculations, not just straight analysis.

I like this part.

The franchise deserves better, the fans deserve better, and Adrian Peterson — who is busting his ass to grind out the yards on the turf that Jackson isn’t able to gain through the air — deserves better as well.

In our view, Childress would be wise to not worry about whether he’ll look foolish for drafting Jackson by benching him.
    NFL teams make plenty of mistakes; the teams who are willing to acknowledge their errors and move on are the ones who are smart enough to avoid compounding them.

Edit:
    And that's a classic sig Baumy.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I honestly believe it wouldn't make a difference. Even with Garcia, defensive coordinators know what plays we are running 3 weeks before the games even started.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    It doesn't say we are. He's saying we should be. The reason Florio is known as a rumor monger is because he will post his thoughts and speculations, not just straight analysis.

I like this part.

The franchise deserves better, the fans deserve better, and Adrian Peterson — who is busting his ass to grind out the yards on the turf that Jackson isn’t able to gain through the air — deserves better as well.

In our view, Childress would be wise to not worry about whether he’ll look foolish for drafting Jackson by benching him.
    NFL teams make plenty of mistakes; the teams who are willing to acknowledge their errors and move on are the ones who are smart enough to avoid compounding them.
    Yeah I know the people who matter in the decision making are probably not considering this (or are they?)
    but the fact that writers and sites like PFT are even seeing it should be grounds for hope. I realize everyone in the state of Minnesota can want Garcia but if Childress and Zygi don't we're screwed.

"jessejames09" wrote:

I like this part.

Not that I agree with bringing in Garcia (I'm not sure I do), Childress has a massive ego, and will probably never admit if he ends up being wrong about Jackson.
    He'll just proceed to blame someone/something else.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

"C" wrote:
    I honestly believe it wouldn't make a difference. Even with Garcia, defensive coordinators know what plays we are running 3 weeks before the games even started.

*Sigh*

This is true. Sadly, all too real.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"baumy300" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

*Sigh*

I don't think that it is true at all.
    The sad reality is that our slim playbook is a result of TJack's ability, not vice versa.
    I think Garcia would make a pretty big difference.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

*Sigh*

The sad reality is that our slim playbook is a result of TJack's ability, not vice versa.
    Well, you got me. It IS true that we do only run a few plays, but you're right as well. With a coherent QB we could open up the playbook (granted we have one) and let him go through the trial and error process.

BUT......

Anyone remember us bitching about the playbook when Brad Johnson was the QB? We still would run twice, pass for 2 yards and then punt. Johnson knew the playbook, so what is the excuse there?

Let's all just face it - We need a coach or we won't win with Jesus himself at QB.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

*Sigh*

I don't exactly buy that... we haven't changed much of anything since Johnson was at the helm... and even he started playing poorly when in Childress' offense, yet he shined in Tice's.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

*Sigh*

I don't exactly buy that... we haven't changed much of anything since Johnson was at the helm... and even he started playing poorly when in Childress' offense, yet he shined in Tice's.
    Shined?

Minnesota Vikings
    184 294 62.6 1,885 6.4 12 4 23 134 88.9 18 53 2.9 0 5 3

That's "shining"?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast