cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings absent from headlines

[size=13pt]Patrick Reusse: Secrecy isn't in Brewster's operations plan[/size]

By Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

Rick Spielman, Vikings vice president for player personnel, conducted a media session on Jan. 5 that was high on clichés and low on substance.

The Vikings' football brain trust then went into a 34-day news blackout that ended Thursday, when coach Brad Childress announced that he had hired Leslie Frazier as his defensive coordinator.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings absent from headlines

"cogitans" wrote:

Rick Spielman, Vikings vice president for player personnel, conducted a media session on Jan. 5 that was high on clichés and low on substance.

The Vikings' football brain trust then went into a 34-day news blackout that ended Thursday, when coach Brad Childress announced that he had hired Leslie Frazier as his defensive coordinator.

Patrick Reusse is a pussy that couldn't think up a creative story if I offered him $1M cash.
    He's lucky to have a job, any job.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

Patrick Reusse is a "meow" that couldn't think up a creative story if I offered him $1M cash.
    He's lucky to have a job, any job.

From what I've read over the years, I can't stand MN sports writers at all.....Seems to me they all suck...

Now if you want to have some real fun reading about sports, pick up any New York sports paper......Some of the writers are awesome sports writers....

Personaly, I like the New York Post.......Very Good Sports Section......espeicaly NFL Football..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

When the Gopher head coach hired his assistants, there wasn't ONE WORD in the Star/Tribune about speculations or who was being interviewed. I know because I followed it VERY CAREFULLY. I had to go to Rivels and other sources to get any reading material about the Gophers. The Star/Trib coverage of who was being wooed by the Gophers to come to college was also missing on their pages until a day after the national signings except for one story on Brewster getting his QB kid to come.
    So don't bore me with your ranting Reusse. If you'd work half as hard seeking out real stories instead of bitching, you'd be better off. Where do Rivels and others gat their stuff that you seem to miss.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    When the Gopher head coach hired his assistants, there wasn't ONE WORD in the Star/Tribune about speculations or who was being interviewed. I know because I followed it VERY CAREFULLY. I had to go to Rivels and other sources to get any reading material about the Gophers. The Star/Trib coverage of who was being wooed by the Gophers to come to college was also missing on their pages until a day after the national signings except for one story on Brewster getting his QB kid to come.
    So don't bore me with your ranting Reusse. If you'd work half as hard seeking out real stories instead of bitching, you'd be better off. Where do Rivels and others gat their stuff that you seem to miss.
    You must have your head in the clouds cojomay, there's a difference between mindless bitching and stating a validated opinion.
    Reusse has always been a pathetic writer with no insight and whines in the majority of his articles, dont' believe me?
    Prove me wrong.
    This quote of yours makes me laugh:

If you'd work half as hard seeking out real stories instead of bitching, you'd be better off. Where do Rivels and others gat their stuff that you seem to miss.
    That's the whole point,
    My job is not as a sports journalist so you read some silly guy's column that gets paid to write about sports and it has less insight than the average fan writing a blog.
    Who is the 'you' seem to miss.
    There are hundreds of articles posted here by primarily a few people every week....if you are that insightful as to know where the true geniuses spread their wares then post the articles.
    I've been to those sites too and my drooling over their writing was never enough to cause dehydration.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The Vikings recently tossed out the idea of a $900 million stadium -- apparently to be built where I'm perched writing this column, at 425 Portland Av.

The notion that this state's politicians will come up with $700 million in public money to build Zygi Wilf a stadium is worth more ridicule than Childress' offense.

"The problem isn't that Zygi has failed to receive good political advice," a State Capitol insider said. "The problem is that he hasn't listened to it."
    ??? I wonder what political advice he was given that he hasn't listened to?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    The Vikings recently tossed out the idea of a $900 million stadium -- apparently to be built where I'm perched writing this column, at 425 Portland Av.

The notion that this state's politicians will come up with $700 million in public money to build Zygi Wilf a stadium is worth more ridicule than Childress' offense.

"The problem isn't that Zygi has failed to receive good political advice," a State Capitol insider said. "The problem is that he hasn't listened to it."
    ??? I wonder what political advice he was given that he hasn't listened to?
    George W. Wilf?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I have never heard of that guy before, but I am with Ned on this one, in that all Minnesota sports writers seem to suck at what they do.. You don't hear to much positive coming out of their mouths, and they are talking about the hometown team.