Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings 89th in ESPN's Ultimate Standings

Interesting....

My local team, the Bengals, ranked 118th despite having a nearly new stadium.
    I guess two decades of losing, combined with uncaring ownership, will do that to you.

Was really surprised though that the Packers ranked 22nd in affordability.
    Maybe, just maybe, if you have season tickets then going to a Packers game is affordable.
    But whenever I check StubHub, or eBay, the price of tickets to a Packer game, any Packer game, is astronomical.
    And from what I've seen, it doesn't matter if you're a Packer fan or not...you are going to pay through the nose.

I know a BUNCH of tickets at the Metrodome are horribly priced (over $100 a seat).
    But then you've got people like me, who have the $250 season tickets (priced at $30 a pop at the box office).
    And there are thousands of seats at this price point!
    How many other NFL cities can boast tickets for $30?
    Not many, I betcha.
    Add in the next price point in the end zone ($48), and you've got a ton of affordable tickets (and these are the price points where you'll find the most availability at the box office as well).

The whole "Title Track" thing is suspect too.
    Yes, it has been over 30 years now that the Vikings have actually gone to a Super Bowl.
    But check out the list of teams in the NFL that ranked higher in terms of "Title Track" than the Vikings rank of 27th (???!!!) in the NFL...

Carolina
    Seattle
    Arizona
    Atlanta
    San Diego
    Houston (???!!!)
    Jacksonville (???!!!)
    New Orleans
    Kansas City (beat us in 69, what have they done since?)

The only thing the first five have on Minnesota is one (not four) more recent trip to the big game, other than that, they were all losers.
    The next three have never even been to the big game, and it isn't like they've made a habit of getting to the conference championship game or even the playoffs.

Now I'll grant you that the "fan experience" at the Metrodome sucks in terms of crowded corridors, bathrooms and concession lines, and just generally being in a dome.
    But I have a hard time thinking that the Vikings shouldn't rate a LOT higher than they do on the affordability and title track indexes, and should rate higher than 89th overall.

SKOL VIKINGS!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"purplepat" wrote:
    Interesting....

I guess two decades of losing, combined with uncaring ownership, will do that to you.

Maybe, just maybe, if you have season tickets then going to a Packers game is affordable.
    But whenever I check StubHub, or eBay, the price of tickets to a Packer game, any Packer game, is astronomical.
    And from what I've seen, it doesn't matter if you're a Packer fan or not...you are going to pay through the nose.

I know a BUNCH of tickets at the Metrodome are horribly priced (over $100 a seat).
    But then you've got people like me, who have the $250 season tickets (priced at $30 a pop at the box office).
    Not many, I betcha.
    Add in the next price point in the end zone ($48), and you've got a ton of affordable tickets (and these are the price points where you'll find the most availability at the box office as well).

Yes, it has been over 30 years now that the Vikings have actually gone to a Super Bowl.
    But check out the list of teams in the NFL that ranked higher in terms of "Title Track" than the Vikings rank of 27th (???!!!) in the NFL...

Carolina
    Seattle
    Arizona
    Atlanta
    San Diego
    Houston (???!!!)
    Jacksonville (???!!!)
    New Orleans

The only thing the first five have on Minnesota is one (not four) more recent trip to the big game, other than that, they were all losers.
    The next three have never even been to the big game, and it isn't like they've made a habit of getting to the conference championship game or even the playoffs.

Now I'll grant you that the "fan experience" at the Metrodome sucks in terms of crowded corridors, bathrooms and concession lines, and just generally being in a dome.
    But I have a hard time thinking that the Vikings shouldn't rate a LOT higher than they do on the affordability and title track indexes, and should rate higher than 89th overall.

Unfortunately, the Vikings boast (or at least used to a few years ago, it might have changed) one of the highest average ticket prices in the NFL.
    If you look around at other stadiums you will see that most offer discount tickets, and the average is usually in the 60's.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "purplepat" wrote:
    Interesting....

Not many, I betcha.

Carolina
    Seattle
    Arizona
    Atlanta
    San Diego
    Houston (???!!!)
    Jacksonville (???!!!)
    New Orleans

Unfortunately, the Vikings boast (or at least used to a few years ago, it might have changed) one of the highest average ticket prices in the NFL.
    If you look around at other stadiums you will see that most offer discount tickets, and the average is usually in the 60's.
    Not the case anymore - they're still in the top 1/2 though.
    Average price of New England Patriot Ticket?
    $12X.XX!!! Most recent average I could find for MN was $71 per seat for last season - I don't believe they upped prices though did they?

I'm pretty sure the Vikings did not raise ticket prices at all this past offseason.

There are other stadiums (Cincinnati is a good example, at $82) where good seats (between the 20s) in the lower bowl won't cost you over $100 like they do in Minnesota.
    But the cheapest ticket in the furthest nosebleed reaches of PBS will cost you $64.
    Now, club seating at PBS (the middle level, between the lower and upper sections) will run you between $1250 and $2600 for a season ticket.

In Green Bay, "regular" tickets run anywhere from $59 to $72 each, with "club seating" going for between $201 and $298.

Dallas' new stadium will have six sections in each end zone corner of the upper deck (there are four decks, the upper one appears to cover the top 1/3rd of the seats) that sell with no PSL for $59 a ticket.
    After that, the cheapest PSL is $2000, which they will graciously let you finance over 30 years.
    With that 30 year financing, the next cheapest ticket in the stadium will run a season ticket holder $91.30.
    A seat in the upper deck on the 50 (the upper deck appears to be the top 27 rows at that point, with fewer rows at the top as you move toward the corners) would run you $129.80.
    However, the first six rows in the upper deck are called "Loge" Seats, and one of those will cost you $199 per ticket
    SKOL VIKINGS!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"purplepat" wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the Vikings did not raise ticket prices at all this past offseason.

There are other stadiums (Cincinnati is a good example, at $82) where good seats (between the 20s) in the lower bowl won't cost you over $100 like they do in Minnesota.
    But the cheapest ticket in the furthest nosebleed reaches of PBS will cost you $64.
    Now, club seating at PBS (the middle level, between the lower and upper sections) will run you between $1250 and $2600 for a season ticket.

In Green Bay, "regular" tickets run anywhere from $59 to $72 each, with "club seating" going for between $201 and $298.

Dallas' new stadium will have six sections in each end zone corner of the upper deck (there are four decks, the upper one appears to cover the top 1/3rd of the seats) that sell with no PSL for $59 a ticket.
    After that, the cheapest PSL is $2000, which they will graciously let you finance over 30 years.
    With that 30 year financing, the next cheapest ticket in the stadium will run a season ticket holder $91.30.
    A seat in the upper deck on the 50 (the upper deck appears to be the top 27 rows at that point, with fewer rows at the top as you move toward the corners) would run you $129.80.
    However, the first six rows in the upper deck are called "Loge" Seats, and one of those will cost you $199 per ticket
    Excellent post, interesting.
    I don't think the Vikings have raised prices the last 2 years.
    It does make me wonder though, since all ticket sales are shared revenue, why don't the Vikings lower prices even further. With threats of blackouts it would boost sales and have very little effect on the teams bottom line.

In general, you don't see many unsold tickets at the highest price points.
    The majority of those are sold as season tickets anyway.

Where you generally see the empty seats is in the upper deck in the end zones and corners, and even then they are most often in the uppermost rows or the sections right behind the goalposts.
    Not sure how much cheaper they would have to/could go to sell these seats.
    At $30-$48, they are already pretty cheap as far as NFL tickets go.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

"purplepat" wrote:

Where you generally see the empty seats is in the upper deck in the end zones and corners, and even then they are most often in the uppermost rows or the sections right behind the goalposts.
    You know that's an interesting point.
    The most expensive seats are usually filled up - it's the poor common folk who aren't going to the games.
    And I highly doubt the reason is to blame on people moving down from the upper level - those security guards stand a pretty tough watch.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"purplepat" wrote:

Never thought about that, your probably right. And I actually pay $25 per seat per game, as a season ticket holder, they must raise it to $30 for individual games.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "purplepat" wrote:

Never thought about that, your probably right. And I actually pay $25 per seat per game, as a season ticket holder, they must raise it to $30 for individual games.
    box office price for our seats is $30 - purplepat is in the same season ticket pricing as you and I are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12