Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Who cares where the Redskins draft? That pick belongs to the Rams anyways.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    It will be interesting to see what & how well Spielman does picking 23rd in the draft, rather than 3rd.

What are the odds he gets a damn good deep threat WR during FA?

What are the odds he moves up to get one of the top WR in the draft?

What are the odds he doesn't move up & takes the BPA & not a WR with his 1st pick, if we don't sign a damn good deep threat WR during FA?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    He didn't do too bad from the 23rd pick on last year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    He didn't do too bad from the 23rd pick on last year.
    that's what I was thinking. Even if we didn't get Kalil it was still a very nice draft, so far anyway.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It will be interesting to see what & how well Spielman does picking 23rd in the draft, rather than 3rd.

What are the odds he doesn't move up & takes the BPA & not a WR with his 1st pick, if we don't sign a damn good deep threat WR during FA?
    More than likely there will be someone there that can outrun the QB's throw.

VKG4LFE is online now Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    More than likely there will be someone there that can outrun the QB's throw.
    haha well that's not too hard

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

Good on all counts.....

Draft
    Kids with first round draft grades:
    Allen
    Patterson
    Hopkins
    Austin
    Woods

Depends on how you read the tea leaves but as I made my first cut on Team needs, I have 3 teams planning on taking WR ahead of us (Miami, Rams, Steelers). Depending on what they go for, I think one will want Austin (Rams) which would leave us with the pick of Patterson or Hopkins at 23. Even if they don't like Austin, we would wind up with a Woods and possibly even Hunter if he continues to move up the boards.

Not sure about you but that is some pretty good odds he can get a good WR at 23. By the way, that means he doesn't have to move up at all.

Free Agency
    Why does he need a deep threat? I assume you don't think Simpson will be back. I think he will and at a cheap price.

He will sign a nice FA, probably 2 to round out our WR corps. Simpson and a mid tier guy you will absolutely hate cause you don't know his name. You know, a kid coming off his first year contract that is on a team loaded with WR's who won't be able to resign.

And one more thing, I touched on a bit, why are you so desperate for a deep threat? Your remember a few years ago when I explained to you about the different versions of the WCO. One predominant one is the "Air Coryell" (deeper/vertical passing attack) and the other is the Walsh (controlled Dink/Dunk) version.

Perhaps are you wishing that we would transition from the dink dunk to the more vertical passing game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Good on all counts.....

Draft
    Kids with first round draft grades:
    Allen
    Patterson
    Hopkins
    Austin
    Woods

Depends on how you read the tea leaves but as I made my first cut on Team needs, I have 3 teams planning on taking WR ahead of us (Miami, Rams, Steelers). Depending on what they go for, I think one will want Austin (Rams) which would leave us with the pick of Patterson or Hopkins at 23. Even if they don't like Austin, we would wind up with a Woods and possibly even Hunter if he continues to move up the boards.

Not sure about you but that is some pretty good odds he can get a good WR at 23. By the way, that means he doesn't have to move up at all.

Free Agency
    Why does he need a deep threat? I assume you don't think Simpson will be back. I think he will and at a cheap price.

He will sign a nice FA, probably 2 to round out our WR corps. Simpson and a mid tier guy you will absolutely hate cause you don't know his name. You know, a kid coming off his first year contract that is on a team loaded with WR's who won't be able to resign.

And one more thing, I touched on a bit, why are you so desperate for a deep threat? Your remember a few years ago when I explained to you about the different versions of the WCO. One predominant one is the "Air Coryell" (deeper/vertical passing attack) and the other is the Walsh (controlled Dink/Dunk) version.

Perhaps are you wishing that we would transition from the dink dunk to the more vertical passing game?
    I have to say I would like more of the vertical game than we have now. I just think it stretches the field and gives more creases for AD to run through.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I have to say I would like more of the vertical game than we have now. I just think it stretches the field and gives more creases for AD to run through.
    Don't get me wrong (Singer always does in this area). The Walsh version has deep attacks in it but it predominantly starts out with alot of short, controlled passes with run mixed in to bring everyone up.

When they start creeping, then he would take his shots. I think Simpson would be a good fit in that area. Most don't because they watched his play this year and didn't see it.

I believe we didn't see it because it wasn't there and this was a result of a incomplete WR corps. Get Percy back on the field with a Z that can body up along with Simpson at the X, along with Rudy and AD and I think you would see not only your deep stuff coming to fruition, but all aspects of the offense click.

Besides, the whole stacked box thing is a fallacy spewed forth by the uneducated who don't know that all teams stack all boxes regardless of the runner and if a team knows how to block, the stacked box will be negated by running to the side that doesn't have the extra tackler.

Watch AD's run. Even though there isn't much rhyme or reason to his running, for the most part he runs to the side away from the extra guy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

..... the whole stacked box thing is a fallacy spewed forth by the uneducated who don't know that all teams stack all boxes regardless of the runner and if a team knows how to block, the stacked box will be negated by running to the side that doesn't have the extra tackler.
    Loosely translated...the experts who've played the game don't know shit & they should listen to me because I am one of the few with a clue & have the spreadsheets to back it up.

One a side note, yes at times all teams stack the box to try and stop the run. Difference is the frequency.

Most teams don't stack the box frequently because they're trying to prevent the longer pass & getting beat deeper down the field.

With the Vikings running the ball with AD a lot, most of our passes being less than 10 yards & only 16% of Ponder's completions coming from over 10 yard throws, teams stack the box against us most of the damn time.

We can't give them any reason not to.
    Last edited by singersp; 01-26-2013 at 09:12 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast