Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    1. Win/Loss
    2. Strength of Schedule. The team with the lower strength of schedule (i.e. their opponents compiled fewer wins) is granted the earlier pick in round one.
    3. Division tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same division).
    4. Conference tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same conference).
    5. Coin flip(s), which occur(s) at the pre-draft NFL Combine.

Since Washington had the same win/loss record but beat us in head to head, my guess is they had a lower strength of schedule.

EDIT: Yup. The Vikings opponents had a .520 winning percentage. The Redskins opponents had a .494 winning percentage.
    Thanks

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    it shouldnt matter bc they beat us head to head.... thats a crock of shit
    Draft tiebreakers are even screwier than playoff tiebreakers. Washington was also a division winner, whereas we finished as a Wildcard.

As long as we make the most of what we have, it won't matter that much where we pick.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

We need Wide Receivers!

(preferably ones that can receive)
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    We need Wide Receivers!

(preferably ones that can receive)
    LOL!! Yup!!!! I'm thinking 2 in the first 3 rounds, cuz their ain't much available on the FA market, and they're all about to get overpaid...hopefully, by someone else!

Tho...IF we trade Harvin, I would like to see us take a shot at Welker. It'd be best to have at least some vet presence at the position, to help the rookies develop faster. And if lose Harvin's production we better freaking sign somebody to replace some of it!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I would like to see a WR to replace Simpson and stretch the field. Not just someone with speed, but also with good hands.
    A stud middle linebacker that can stuff the run and cover tight ends.
    Another cornerback to keep Sherels and maybe Jefferson on the bench as well as a better back up if Winfield gets injured.
    Another guard to upgrade Johnson or Fusco. That inside pressure on passing downs has flushed Ponder out of the pocket far too many times.
    Another safety to play beside Smith.
    A big run stuffing defensive tackle.
    A good blocking tight end to replace Carlson.
    Another linebacker for depth.

That's my draft wish list.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    LOL!! Yup!!!! I'm thinking 2 in the first 3 rounds, cuz their ain't much available on the FA market, and they're all about to get overpaid...hopefully, by someone else!

Tho...IF we trade Harvin, I would like to see us take a shot at Welker. It'd be best to have at least some vet presence at the position, to help the rookies develop faster. And if lose Harvin's production we better freaking sign somebody to replace some of it!
    I doubt we see Welker. Not only does he not fit Spielman's vision for FA (end of first contract with upside), but he has been in the league 9 years and has personally I think he benefits from playing in NE. I don't see him having the same production anywhere else.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I doubt we see Welker. Not only does he not fit Spielman's vision for FA (end of first contract with upside), but he has been in the league 9 years and has personally I think he benefits from playing in NE. I don't see him having the same production anywhere else.
    I agree

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Cordarelle Patterson should be our First Round pick. I see no way in hell he makes it past 23. IF he makes it to 23. He is 6'4, randy moss like speed. We need some of that.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Clarification On Vikings Draft Picks

Vikings Blog | Clarification On Vikings Draft Picks

1st round #23 (#23 overall)
    2nd round #22 (#54 overall)
    3rd round #21 (#85 overall)
    4th round #5 (#101 overall from Detroit)
    4th round #23 (#119 overall)
    5th round #22 (#150 overall)
    7th round #7 (#199 overall from Arizona)
    7th round #23 (#215 overall)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Cordarelle Patterson should be our First Round pick. I see no way in hell he makes it past 23. IF he makes it to 23. He is 6'4, randy moss like speed. We need some of that.
    Cordarelle Patterson will probably go later than #23. Many sites have him below several WRs like Keenan Allen out of Cal, Terrance Williams out of Baylor, Tavon Austin out of WVU, DeAndre Haopkins out of Clemson and he isn't even considered the best WR on his team. Many site have Justin Hunter ahead of him. So if we draft a WR I say we go for one in the second or third round because there isn't much difference between all these guys.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 01-16-2013 at 12:53 PM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast