Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings: 8 Picks in 2013 NFL Draft

Vikings Finalize 2013 NFL Draft Selections

it appears that the trade that the Vikings made with the Arizona Cardinals involved the Cards sending A.J. Jefferson and Arizona's seventh-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft to Minnesota in exchange for both of the Vikings' sixth-round selections.
    Vikings 2013 draft picks by round:
    First - 1
    Second - 1
    Third - 1
    Fourth - 2
    Fifth - 1
    Sixth - 0
    Seventh - 2

Vikings Finalize 2013 NFL Draft Selections - Daily Norseman
    Last edited by singersp; 01-13-2013 at 10:22 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings: 8 Picks in 2013 NFL Draft

Maybe we can do a few trades to get some extra picks.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    we may pick up some compensatory picks after free agency also. Along with whatever RS gets in the Percy Harvin trade.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    we may pick up some compensatory picks after free agency also. Along with whatever RS gets in the Percy Harvin trade.
    I still hope Percy doesn't leave ... in the games he leaves it all on the field ... he is a beast on game day ...

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I still hope Percy doesn't leave ... in the games he leaves it all on the field ... he is a beast on game day ...
    He leaves it all off the field sometimes to. Sometimes its best to keep your mouth shut Wes Welker style.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Vikings Finalize 2013 NFL Draft Selections

Vikings 2013 draft picks by round:
    First - 1
    Second - 1
    Third - 1
    Fourth - 2
    Fifth - 1
    Sixth - 0
    Seventh - 2

Vikings Finalize 2013 NFL Draft Selections - Daily Norseman
    The first six picks should be interesting we could be in on some really good players. Here are some players I thinkIwould draft if we do not trade any of our picks.

Round 1.

Chance Warmack- ALA - G -Probably gone, unless we make a trade UNLESS he shows up at the combine under 6' 2". If he shows up at 6'1'' of lower he will drop and he is a top ten talent IMO.
    Jonathan Cooper - UNC - G - Great talent can play all the interior pos. just a step in talent under Warmack.
    Alec Ogletree- Georgia - LB - Great speed, great hitter, could be our fix at the mike.

C. J. Mosley - Ala - LB - Great speed, great hitter, could be our fix at the mike.

Jonathan Jenkins - Georgia- DT - (Warpig for my good friend Marrdro) Great talent, Character issues though, still a great talent.

Round 2.

Xavier Rhodes - Fla st. - CB - May drop this far but talent wise should be a round 1 pick, I am just hoping he does fall.
    Matt Elam - Fla - S - We have Smith but our other S spot is definitely a hinderance to our D. He would be an upgrade.
    Robert Woods - USC - WR - Great prospect but I would hope for the other WR out of USC next year in Lee.
    Kawann Short - Purdue - DT - Great run stuffer, can move the pile on passing downs is a great pass rusher. Very quick side to side, maybe a very poor man's Phat pat.

Round 3.

Alvin Bailey - Ark. - G - Should be able to fight for some time if we draft him

Cordarelle Patterson - Tenn - Wr - I will be suprised to see him here but he would be a great get in the third round. I am pretty sure he will move into the second round by draft day but most sites have him going off the board around here.

Lane Johnson - OK - OT - Would be a nice value pick as he is higher on most boards and would push for playing time with Load.

Desmond Trufant - Wash - CB -Would be a great value pick and an area of need.

Tharold Simon - LSU - CB - Would be a great value pick and an area of need. We need some more CBs playing in the NFC North and trying to defend GB and Rodgers.

Round 4.

We have two picks so our odds are better at getting some of these cats.

Jon Bostic -Fla -LB - Could be our answer to replacing Brinkley.

William Gholston - MSU - DE - Definitely underachieved and talent wise is a round one or early 2nd talent. He would be a good person to take a flyer on. I have watched a lot of BIG ten football, I am a NEbraska fan and when he wants to, he can be a disruptive force.

Gabe Jackson - Miss St. - G - Good value pick

Larry Warford - Kentucky - G - He is a late first early second round pick IMO. If he falls here we would be fools not to draft him.

Round 5.

Shawn Williams - Georgia - S- We need the help and if we haven't drafted a S at this point he would make a lot of sense.

Darius Slay Miss St. - CB - Love the name but also an area of need

Johnny Adams - MSU - CB - Area of need

Meshak Williams- KSU - ILB - Great instincts and a nose for the ball. Good guy to take a flyer on, great motor.

Well, Just a few guys that I would be looking at if I were Spielman, and I hope we get some of them they are great players with good character for the most part, other than Jenkins.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 01-14-2013 at 01:47 PM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    how do we have the 23rd pick this year when we lost to the redskins and they held the tie-breaker over us?? that makes no sense.

Current 2013 NFL draft order - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Good question, How do they determine who is higher when you lose in the same week of the playoffs?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Good question, How do they determine who is higher when you lose in the same week of the playoffs?
    1. Win/Loss
    2. Strength of Schedule. The team with the lower strength of schedule (i.e. their opponents compiled fewer wins) is granted the earlier pick in round one.
    3. Division tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same division).
    4. Conference tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same conference).
    5. Coin flip(s), which occur(s) at the pre-draft NFL Combine.

Since Washington had the same win/loss record but beat us in head to head, my guess is they had a lower strength of schedule.

EDIT: Yup. The Vikings opponents had a .520 winning percentage. The Redskins opponents had a .494 winning percentage.
    Last edited by NodakPaul; 01-14-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    1. Win/Loss
    2. Strength of Schedule. The team with the lower strength of schedule (i.e. their opponents compiled fewer wins) is granted the earlier pick in round one.
    3. Division tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same division).
    4. Conference tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same conference).
    5. Coin flip(s), which occur(s) at the pre-draft NFL Combine.

Since Washington had the same win/loss record but beat us in head to head, my guess is they had a lower strength of schedule.

EDIT: Yup. The Vikings opponents had a .520 winning percentage. The Redskins opponents had a .494 winning percentage.
    it shouldnt matter bc they beat us head to head.... thats a crock of shit

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast