Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    The way the schedule looks right now, we are going to have to win our division to secure a playoff spot. In our own division we may beat ourselves up enough that finishing second in our division may not be enough.

We have the London game and then a really difficult stretch of games. Should be interesting!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Adrian Peterson can't be so happy about the schedule. He has the second toughest schedule in the whole NFL according to the NFL.com fantasy experts.

... oh well. Peterson is not unfamiliar to odds being against him. No team is safe! I'm looking forward to watch the machine this season.
    Last edited by HEY; 04-20-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Listen fella's, This is a much better year to be optimistic than you are accustomed to. While I admit the overseas game is going to be a challenge and while I feel that overseas game should never be a home game but an away game instead the rest of the schedule is going to fall nicely into our advantage.

I especially like the way we stack up to the division and think we are in the best divisional shape we have been in since the Tice era. While we lost Winfield the Packers lost Woodson and if you think we are going to have trouble with a replacement just think of the time they are going to have trying to find someone to fill his shoes. The bears have to find a guy to Replace Urlacher at MLB too so that is 2 HOF players that we will not be facing this year. The bears have a totally new staff and they will take a step back. Green Bay is also going to take a step back this year and with the contracts that they gave to Matthews and will give to Rodgers they will not have room to keep all the guys they have now and will get weaker across the board until they can get out from under those contracts.

The Lions are what they are and i see them being a good team but not a strong playoff team. The secondary will still suck, their OL will still suck and they will be a mid level team at the end of the year IF they can keep Stafford healthy. A bottom 8 team without him.

The Vikings OTOH, aside from the gloom and doom are poised to take home te division title and be competitive into the future with a roster of young players. We have an up and coming OL, we have a young QB who keeps getting better, a HOF RB, we stole the best WR from a division opponent, a strong DL core and an improving secondary with multiple first round picks.

Yes Boys and girls, this team is going to surprise a lot of you this year. Enjoy the ride.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    It will all depend on Ponder's development, the WR's that we have come day one, and our secondary. If Ponder doesn't progress, and our secondary continues to give up huge plays, we will not be a 10 win team next season, period. We got very lucky with AD having the type of season he did, if not for him, this team would have won 6-7 games max and missed the playoffs. We can't expect that AD will do that or better this season, so Ponder has to step his game up big time. The QB is supposed to be a leader of a team, and Ponder has been anything but that. Time for him to step up and lead this team, if he doesn't, then I hope that he and this coaching staff are gone this time next season.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Time for [Ponder] to step up and lead this team, if he doesn't, then I hope that he and this coaching staff are gone this time next season.
    While I am with you on Ponder, I disagree about the coaching staff. Or more specifically Musgrave. I think Musgrave has done an amazing job considering what he had to work with.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    While I am with you on Ponder, I disagree about the coaching staff. Or more specifically Musgrave. I think Musgrave has done an amazing job considering what he had to work with.
    +1

That's my assessment as well. Musgrave is trying to work his offense around Ponder's strengths. Those strengths are damn few & while it appears that Musgrave is limiting or hindering Ponder's potential, it's Ponder who is limiting & hindering what Musgrave can do to try & help him succeed as well as bolster his confidence at the same time.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    +1

That's my assessment as well. Musgrave is trying to work his offense around Ponder's strengths. Those strengths are damn few & while it appears that Musgrave is limiting or hindering Ponder's potential, it's Ponder who is limiting & hindering what Musgrave can do to try & help him succeed as well as bolster his confidence at the same time.
    Ponder has limited Musgrave but it took a while for him to figure it out. He also had his own share of brain farts. I was very disappointed in the game plan during the playoff game. He seemed to have no answers when Webb couldn't pass and the Pack shut down Peterson's runs outside the tackles. He kept try the same plays with the same results.
    I think Musgrave's horizontal game can work if Ponder's play improves, but it hasn't really worked that well in his previous stints as OC.
    It seems obvious that Ponder is the limiting factor in the offense however, I think the jury is still out on Musgrave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12