Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings 2013 Schedule Released

Not a great schedule to begin with, and only 7 home games at home.

2013 Minnesota Vikings Football Schedule

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I wish our bye week were not so early in the season.

WWBGD

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I wish our bye week were not so early in the season.
    You can thank the London game for that

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Darn, wish that the Panthers game was in NC, I'de be there for sure if so...... Looks to me like a very challenging season ahead...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings 2013 Schedule Released

We will go 11-5 and win the division.then beat the Seahawks in the first playoff game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    We will go 11-5 and win the division.then beat the Seahawks in the first playoff game.
    Are you serious? Haven't you heard? AD will probably be the one on the cover of Madden! Our season is doomed! (sarcasm off)

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    My prediction is..........9-7. I think it could be 8-8 or even 10-6 but we won't do any better than 10 wins. We have to many tough games. We have probably 2 losses with GB, split with Chicago (1), we lose to Seattle (1), we lose at NYG (1), we lose at Dallas (1) and maybe even lose to the Bengals.

Now we may split with GB but we could also lose to Washington so when you look at the possible losses I see about 6 next year which will have us in the playoff hunt and maybe the division title. I see GB losing 4 to 6 games next year.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Whoa! Bold prediction!!! Which I could see coming true, IF we stay healthy while our trio of former, oft-injured Vikings all happen to sit out the playoff game! HaHaaaa!

First off, is that there's no real break, so they'll need to stay focused and bring it every week, and that might be a good thing.

Those first 2 road games look like a tough start, but also winnable. We totally had DET's # last year, eating out the clock and keeping their powerful O on the sideline while even our piss poor pass attack can look good vs. their notoriously porous secondary. Visiting Chicago has been tough on us, but chances are, the weather will be much better than our normal trip there, and it remains to be seen what their new coach can coax out of the last regime's players...they may need some time to "gel" and embrace the new schemes. Of course, the other side of that is they could instead be like the 49ers who had an offensive guru fix their weakness while the defense built by the former coach still played strong. Let's hope for the former, shall we!?

Better freaking beat CLE at home!?! That would be a 3-0 start, and probably send us into our bye at 3-1. I just don't see the London trip going well for us. Outdoors in a soccer stadium across the pond, with more Steelers than Vikes fans in the stands doesn't add up to a home game by any stretch of the imagination. But, PIT is kinda undergoing a lil rebuilding due to age and cap constraints, maybe, they're not as tough as they used to be? Maybe...

I'd like to think we can beat CAR at home with an extra week to prepare, but I also expect Cam to be better in year 3. Could be a battle, and the type of game Vikings past would find a way to lose. And then, the shit really hits the fan! Out of the next 6 games, 4 are vs. playoff teams and 4 are on the road in tough venues, and 3 are primetime!? How we come through that gauntlet will likely tell us what chances we have of making it to and winning in the playoffs. Call it 3-3?

The last 5 games aren't terrible, so we may finish well. Sure, road games at BAL and CIN look rough, but there's a good chance BAL takes a step backwards, and with PIT losing players the way they are, perhaps CIN steps forward and has that division locked up already by week 16. The other 3 are home games, 2 vs. division rivals DET and CHI, and one vs. rebuilding PHI...IF we need to, given last year's late season success, I think we can come through those 5 at 4-1.

So, 10-6? Seems about right, IF we stay mostly healthy again. That is such a huge part of it...every year, if you look at successful playoff teams, they got lucky on the injury front and had good depth where needed. Stay mostly healthy and get hot late? Maybe we make some noise!?

SKOL VIKES!!!!! WE NEED ANOTHER GREAT DRAFT!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Whoa! Bold prediction!!! Which I could see coming true, IF we stay healthy while our trio of former, oft-injured Vikings all happen to sit out the playoff game! HaHaaaa!
    Typical PF, always optimistic and going a bit overboard with expectations.

Personally, I don't think the schedule looks all that bad. If you can't get through them and make the playoffs then what's the point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast