singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings 2013 Preview

Minnesota Vikings 2013 Training Camp Preview

Ponder recognizes what he needs to improve and has diagnosed most of his problems well but often regresses to what's natural to him, and his default settings are just not conducive to solid quarterback play at the NFL level.
    Read more: Minnesota Vikings 2013 Training Camp Preview | Fox News

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    Everybody has an opinion ... I think Ponder will be better this year. I think this group of receivers will help him get better. My 2 cents.

rednorsk is offline Rookie
    They have no where to go but up with the receivers and Ponder.
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    Everybody has an opinion ... I think Ponder will be better this year. I think this group of receivers will help him get better. My 2 cents.
    I agree that Ponder will be better this year, especially with this corps of WRs to help. But the question is - will he improve enough? I hope so, but am not convinced...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I agree that Ponder will be better this year, especially with this corps of WRs to help. But the question is - will he improve enough? I hope so, but am not convinced...
    I agree. I'm not sold either. He will still loft the ball down field regardless of who the receiver is & if he reverts back to his bad mechanics, receivers won't help that either. Lest not forget accuracy beyond 10 yards & his hesitation before throwing the ball. I see the latter as being one of the areas we might see improvement on as he gains more trust in Jennings & the receiving corp..
    Last edited by singersp; 07-23-2013 at 07:28 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"