Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Vikings, 2009 and consistency

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I don't think they will have it as easy this year as they did last year. They have talent to win but the rest of the division was way down last year and this year I believe all 3 teams in our division will be better than they were last year. Then we also face Pitt, Arizona, NYG and Carolina as well as Baltimore. I don't think we can take anything for granted this season, especially with 2 new starters on the OL and at least one new starter in the secondary.
    Uhhhhh Ohhhhhh. Stop the presses, stop the presses.
    Uffda thinks the Vikes will struggle.
    You crack me up my friend.
    ;D
    So you think we are going to have a walk in the park? What are you predicting? 16-0 with a new safety, two new linemen to "Gel" in the overcomplicated ZB scheme chilly teaches and two QB's who have still not established themselves?

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I don't think they will have it as easy this year as they did last year. They have talent to win but the rest of the division was way down last year and this year I believe all 3 teams in our division will be better than they were last year. Then we also face Pitt, Arizona, NYG and Carolina as well as Baltimore. I don't think we can take anything for granted this season, especially with 2 new starters on the OL and at least one new starter in the secondary.

You crack me up My Sexy Little Pixie.
    ;D
    So you think we are going to have a walk in the park? What are you predicting? 16-0 with a new safety, two new linemen to "Gel" in the overcomplicated ZB scheme chilly teaches and two QB's who have still not established themselves?
    You think its Chilly who teachest the blocking scheme!?!?! Don't you know its the Quafecta of Chilly, Oline coach., Gary Busey, and Bevell who all work together each having their own input?!?!
    : : : : : : : :

Marrdo impression off

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikings_AD" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    The division isn't just going to be handed to us this year that is for sure.
    You also have to realize that the Vikings are a better team this year then they were last year too.
    Harvin and Loadholt will make immediate impacts, and we drafted people to strengthen our horrible special teams.
    You also can't forget that we not only traded for Sage who will either be our QB, or force Jackson to play better, and Henderson will be back, and he will improve our already good defense.
    Ontop of all that the Vikings have the 2nd easiest schedule this year!
    I think we will be alright.
    I hope you are right about PL but I doubt it.
    Seems he has the same issues Cook has.
    My guess he will actually take over around 5th or 6th game.
    I bet he starts right away.
    You probably would win that bet.
    My guess is that he will struggle a bit with the ZB scheme and will take some time (bout week 5) to be ready to take over.

Additionally, Cook might still suprise a few of us and actually be better in the pass protection area.
    Lets not forget, Shanc did get a bit more productive in the passing game last year.
    To do that he had to get into routes and that equates to Mr. Cook handling the edge rusher by himself.
    :
    Cook is just too fucking slow. Unless he went a double leg transplant in the offseason his problems will not go away in the offseason.

It took the other guys over 2 years to learn to play together in the ZB scheme. To think we can plug in a rookie at RT and a guy who has never played a single pro down at Center and not take a step back is very presumptive. Especially considering the guy we have as a line coach. Even if Loadholt is a better, stronger player, he will make some mistakes that will cost us. Sullivan will make mistakes that will cost us. Don't expect much this year and be happy if we get more.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikings_AD" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=51591.msg940112#msg940112 date=1240801763]
    You also have to realize that the Vikings are a better team this year then they were last year too.
    Harvin and Loadholt will make immediate impacts, and we drafted people to strengthen our horrible special teams.
    You also can't forget that we not only traded for Sage who will either be our QB, or force Jackson to play better, and Henderson will be back, and he will improve our already good defense.
    My guess is that he will struggle a bit with the ZB scheme and will take some time (bout week 5) to be ready to take over.

Additionally, Cook might still suprise a few of us and actually be better in the pass protection area.
    Lets not forget, Shanc did get a bit more productive in the passing game last year.
    To do that he had to get into routes and that equates to Mr. Cook handling the edge rusher by himself.

:
    Cook is just too fricken slow. Unless he went a double leg transplant in the offseason his problems will not go away in the offseason.

It took the other guys over 2 years to learn to play together in the ZB scheme. To think we can plug in a rookie at RT and a guy who has never played a single pro down at Center and not take a step back is very presumptive. Especially considering the guy we have as a line coach. Even if Loadholt is a better, stronger player, he will make some mistakes that will cost us. Sullivan will make mistakes that will cost us. Don't expect much this year and be happy if we get more.[/quote]

Spoken like a true Vikes fan ;D

Blog Entries

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ;D
    You think its Chilly who teachest the blocking scheme!?!?! Don't you know its the Quafecta of Chilly, Oline coach., Gary Busey, and Bevell who all work together each having their own input?!?!
    : : : : : : : :

Marrdo impression off
    He teaches it to his coaches, they try to teach it to the players. Even a yutz can make that connection. Sorry I didn't draw it out for you.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

;D
    I've got a memory like a rusted steel trap but I think I posted 11-5 in the schedule thread that turned into the "prediction thread" and I think we have more issues than just those two.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikings_AD" wrote:

:
    Cook is just too fricken slow. Unless he went a double leg transplant in the offseason his problems will not go away in the offseason.

It took the other guys over 2 years to learn to play together in the ZB scheme. To think we can plug in a rookie at RT and a guy who has never played a single pro down at Center and not take a step back is very presumptive. Especially considering the guy we have as a line coach. Even if Loadholt is a better, stronger player, he will make some mistakes that will cost us. Sullivan will make mistakes that will cost us. Don't expect much this year and be happy if we get more.
    [/quote]
    I agree or haven't you been following my posts about PH and when I expect him to step in?
    My guess is either Cook will have a clue, a Vet will be brought in who understands the ZB scheme or PH will take over by week 5.

As for the Center position.
    I think he will struggle at times, not with his play but with his line calls but my assumption is that Hutch will help out there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikings_AD link=topic=51591.msg940307#msg940307 date=1240840386]

:

[/quote]
    I agree or haven't you been following my posts about PH and when I expect him to step in?
    My guess is either Cook will have a clue, a Vet will be brought in who understands the ZB scheme or PH will take over by week 5.

I think he will struggle at times, not with his play but with his line calls but my assumption is that Hutch will help out there.

[/quote]

lest we forget so quickly the kind of year the OL had in the first year of the CHilly regimine with chester back there having his best season as a pro.. the line looked worse than it was bc of hicks at guard and a noodle arm QB who couldnt' throw 20 yards...

look at Denver and the Texans.. they have no problem plugging in OL personnel... Ryan Clady was an all pro as a rookie..

I think it's a little presumptuous to assume PL won't be effective as a rookie.. run blocking isn't his problem it's pass blocking that's the concern, and he seemed to do a pretty good job of it on the left side in college.. moving over to RT should be an even easier transition.. esp. more than cook considering he was drafted waaay to high and he was a center in college.. making that transition from center to tackle i would assume would be more difficult than LT to RT..

besides, worse case, Hicks will start until Loadholt can move over to tackle.. i'm more worried about center than anything....

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    lest we forget so quickly the kind of year the OL had in the first year of the CHilly regimine with chester back there having his best season as a pro.. the line looked worse than it was bc of hicks at guard and a noodle arm QB who couldnt' throw 20 yards...

look at Denver and the Texans.. they have no problem plugging in OL personnel... Ryan Clady was an all pro as a rookie..

I think it's a little presumptuous to assume PL won't be effective as a rookie.. run blocking isn't his problem it's pass blocking that's the concern, and he seemed to do a pretty good job of it on the left side in college.. moving over to RT should be an even easier transition.. esp. more than cook considering he was drafted waaay to high and he was a center in college.. making that transition from center to tackle i would assume would be more difficult than LT to RT..

besides, worse case, Hicks will start until Loadholt can move over to tackle.. i'm more worried about center than anything....
    Not sure what scouting reports you have been reading.
    Again, I like the pick but his slow feet, propensity for penalties cause me a bit of concern.

As for Hicks.
    He amazed me last year and I admitted it.
    He did an admirable job stepping in at LT but I am wondering about Radovich this year and if the staff feels comfortable with him backing up LT.

If that is the case, with Cook/PH at RT (who cares who starts at this point), Hicks could almost be considered expendable.

The Vikes have done a terrific job addressing needs so far and have the potential for an explosive offense in 2009. Loadholt would have been a first-rounder if he could play left tackle, but his trouble with speed rushers will keep him on the right. At 6'8" with a huge wing-span, the massive tackle is an upgrade on Artis Hicks and should be a boon to Adrian Peterson and the running game.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...ort=Nfl&id=724

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=51591.msg940312#msg940312 date=1240840569]
    [quote author=Vikings_AD link=topic=51591.msg940307#msg940307 date=1240840386]

:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cook, Jackson, Griffin, Johnson. All second round picks who did not have what it took to step in and start right away. I don't see why Loadholt will be any different.

You are right about Hicks though. He at least gives us some insurance.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast