Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings 2008 Single Game Tickets on sale - but I think it is a mistake...

If you want to buy single game tickets for 2008, get 'em while they are hot.
    Normally the Vikings single game tickets goes on sale in early to mid July.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=24298.0
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=35471.0

If you check the Vikings homepage, it states that this is supposed to be the case this year too.
    http://www.vikings.com/Tickets.aspx
    Single Game Tickets

2008 single game tickets will go on sale shortly before training camp begins; by phone through Ticketmaster at (651) 989-5151 or online at Ticketmaster.com.
    HOWEVER, I was on the Ticketmaster site today, and realized that ticket sales are already open!!!
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/805973

Every home game, regular season and preseason, is available.
    The only two game pack is the Packers and the Seahawks.

I am willing to bet that this is a mistake on Ticketmaster's part - they never open up ticket sales this early, and the Vikings are still trying to sell group tickets.
    My conscience will likely get the better of me and I will send an email to the ticket office to make sure they are aware.
    But until then, if you want first dibbs at tickets...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Vikings 2008 Single Game Tickets on sale - but I think it is a mistake...

Thanks for the headsup. It appears though that there are very limited seats available. I searched for best seats available for a couple of games(single ticket even) and all I got was 14-16th row in the corner of the endzone for $77 plus $6.75 convenence charge. I'm thinking maybe they are just offering the tickets they know no-one will buy otherwise.
    My season tickets are row 24 in the endzone for $25 a game, 8 rows up for $59 less makes me feel like i'm getting a deal. ;D

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i think jmcdon00 is right, i did the same thing, and all that comes up are seats 20 rows up in the endzone..i think il just wait until the KFAN presale, and since im also going to the game in jacksonville, i have to wait until their tickets go on sale
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"olson_10" wrote:
    i think jmcdon00 is right, i did the same thing, and all that comes up are seats 20 rows up in the endzone..i think il just wait until the KFAN presale, and since im also going to the game in jacksonville, i have to wait until their tickets go on sale
    If your going to be in florida you should try and time it to get the Tampa Bay game in too(only a week apart). I had dreams of going but I'll have to settle for tennessee.

Blog Entries

Interesting. I did a search for a pair for the ATL game - figured it would be the least popular.
    Found Section 233, Row 16, Seats 1&2.

I think that is right in the range of what we would expect to see when they go on sale... Maybe I will email the ticket office just to see what's up.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Interesting. I did a search for a pair for the ATL game - figured it would be the least popular.
    Found Section 233, Row 16, Seats 1&2.

I think that is right in the range of what we would expect to see when they go on sale... Maybe I will email the ticket office just to see what's up.
    I think that is the last row of the $77 tickets(corner of the endzone), I gotta believe that their are better seats available. If that is all that is left this early they should have no problem selling out the dome this year. I'm thinking this is a small trick to sell some of the less desirable tickets, hopefully to out of towners trying to see a road game.

Blog Entries

From the ticket office:
    We did release a limited amount of tickets on Ticketmaster, however the seats will be up high.
    So jmcdon00 was right on...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    From the ticket office:
    We did release a limited amount of tickets on Ticketmaster, however the seats will be up high.
    So jmcdon00 was right on...
    Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Why are they so high over face value? $77 for $40 tix?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

nice work on the heads up. but i want to sit closer.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast