Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings 2008 Player Awards

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings: 2008 Player Awards[/size]

by Benn Hamilton (Contributor)
    bleacherreport.com

January 23, 2009

After another year of ups and downs, the Minnesota Vikings will be watching the Super Bowl from the stands of Raymond James Stadium wondering what could of been.

However, despite the disappointing end to a roller-coaster season, I think it's relevant to reflect on the Vikings' Best and worst players and moments from the 2008 season....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingLance is offline Starter

Re: Vikings 2008 Player Awards

BEST MOMENT

GOAL LINE STAND TO 99 YARD TD PASS VS BEARS
    I was in the endzone on Berrian's side when that happened. (one of two games I got to go to this year) Watching the ball in the air, it looked like it was coming right at me.
    Seeing that TD was certainly one of the best moments of the year for me.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingLance" wrote:
    BEST MOMENT

GOAL LINE STAND TO 99 YARD TD PASS VS BEARS
    I was in the endzone on Berrian's side when that happened. (one of two games I got to go to this year) Watching the ball in the air, it looked like it was coming right at me.

Seeing that TD was certainly one of the best moments of the year for me.
    Watching it on TV was beyond awesome, I can only imagine how cool it must have been to be right there.

VikingLance is offline Starter

Watching it on TV was beyond awesome, I can only imagine how cool it must have been to be right there.
    What was really awesome was that you [i]knew[i]that he was going to catch it and go the distance.
    That'll be something I'll always remember.

jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach

The way Childress calls the pays I still wonder if it was a blown play that worked out for us.
    I don't know if Chilly could have even come up with that one.

"jaymz7" wrote:
    The way Childress calls the pays I still wonder if it was a blown play that worked out for us.
    I doubt it was a blown play, Frerrote just dropped back and saw Berrian breaking open on a fly route, it's not that creative, despite being on the 1 yard line... Even if he wasn't the first look on the play, I'm sure it was no fluke Berrian ran that route.
    Childress may lack that creativety, but he will pull one out of his jiggly butt on some rare occasions, there's no denying that.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "jaymz7" wrote:
    I doubt it was a blown play, Frerrote just dropped back and saw Berrian breaking open on a fly route, it's not that creative, despite being on the 1 yard line... Even if he wasn't the first look on the play, I'm sure it was no fluke Berrian ran that route.
    Childress may lack that creativety, but he will pull one out of his jiggly butt on some rare occasions, there's no denying that.
    It was an actual designed play, Frerotte said so in a post game interview.
    Why Berrian was so wide open was because the secondary was in a cover 3 and bit on Shanc instead of covering Berrian.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Additionally, why do some people continue with the "Chilldress Play Calling" stuff.

BEVELL CALLS THE PLAYS......Wow......How long before that finally sinks in......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

It amazes me that every thread turns into a Childress bash. Even if it is pointed out that he does NOT call the plays. That being said that 99 yard pass to Berrian will be a Viking record forever. Bevell sticks to the strengths of this team in his play calling, and we are a completely different team from the 98 club that most here compare this current squad to. We set things up now with the run, the day's of "Just Chuck It Dog I'll Get It" are over. We are a WCO, not a verticle team, which plays to our personnel.

I think a honorable mention should be the play of Antoine W. He is finally getting the respect from his peers that has been long over due.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "jaymz7" wrote:
    It was an actual designed play, Frerotte said so in a post game interview.
    Why Berrian was so wide open was because the secondary was in a cover 3 and bit on Shanc instead of covering Berrian.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Additionally, why do some people continue with the "Chilldress Play Calling" stuff.

BEVELL CALLS THE PLAYS......Wow......How long before that finally sinks in......
    Doesn't mean Childress didn't have something to do with it, its a gutsy call, I think Childress had to a lot to do with that play happening.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

I think a honorable mention should be the play of Antoine W. He is finally getting the respect from his peers that has been long over due.
    No doubt, he shouldn't have to wait this long to go to the pro bowl, but when the fans vote, generally it's going to be the flashy and best known guys on the field.
    Winfield was never the guy to make a lot of interceptions, but he's sure as hell a great tackler and a play maker.
    He's pretty good at coverage, too, something I don't think he always get a lot of credit for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast