Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NaughtyWord is offline Rookie

Vikings 13 in 32 days (NFLN)

I think they are right on every aspect about Farve, but I don't agree with them entirely on Sharper.

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLowqSRmz0g&feature=related
    I hope Goodell chokes on his next meal.

Re: Vikings 13 in 32 days (NFLN)

I think there are players on D ready to take Sharper's place as the "presence" they need on D.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I think they were talking about Sharper's leadership role, both in terms of being an "on the field general", as well as his locker room presence (and in both cases, allowing him to draw on his vast experience in the league).
    They were not addressing what he personally brought to the field/team at his singular position from a physical/playing ability standpoint.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I'm a little suprised they weren't ranked higher. We did win our division last year, and I think Favre is very likely which solves(atleast in the general publics eye) our biggest weakness, the Qb position. When was the voting for this, before Favre said he wanted to play for the Vikings?
    I think Sharper was a valuable leader on defense, but we have several other valuable leaders on defense(Winfield and Jared Allen come to mind).

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

i think it horse crap that we are behind a team like dallad who went 9-7 and missed the playoffs,and who hasnt had a winning record in december in `15 years

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"thevikingfan" wrote:
    i think it horse crap that we are behind a team like dallad who went 9-7 and missed the playoffs,and who hasnt had a winning record in december in `15 years
    Especially since they lost a key part of their offense(TO) and we gained, presumably, a key piece(Favre).
    I suspect though it comes down to fan voting so a team like Dallas that has a huge fan base would likely always be rated a little higher than they really should be.
    Doesn't really matter though, it is just a fan poll. Let our opponents think we are just an average team. If a team is ranked number 1 every team is going to go all out to make a statement.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I'm a little suprised they weren't ranked higher. We did win our division last year, and I think Favre is very likely which solves(atleast in the general publics eye) our biggest weakness, the Qb position. When was the voting for this, before Favre said he wanted to play for the Vikings?
    I think Sharper was a valuable leader on defense, but we have several other valuable leaders on defense(Winfield and Jared Allen come to mind).
    Henderson is turning into a pretty good leader as well.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Henderson is turning into a pretty good leader as well.
    A great MLB, leading a defense? Get outta here!

But seriously I don't think Henderson is very vocal, more of a lead by example kind of guy. As a front 7 player though, I think anyone would be more motivating than a clipped winged ball-hawk.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

It's a fan poll, thus it isn't worth crap.
    I expect the Cowpies to be in the top 5, since many fans have been deluded by their markketing.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Geez, I wish I had NFLN! Stupid cable!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast