Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    scorptile is offline Starter

vikings #1 pass defense???

lol that is funny...farve had a horrible day and viking fans gloat about their defense?? lol that is just a riot...but now the reality will set in cause the vikes have to play agianst the eagles which i hope play really well and beat the eagles...but for some reason i see vick and company or the rams winning the nfc championship this year...
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Gloat? We're talking about rankings for one GAME and the way our defense performed. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

scorptile is offline Starter

i know im just pullin your chain...i actually liked how they played...but it didnt hurt having farve play horrible either..but i hope the vikings D can put enough pressure n mcnabb to get him out of rhythm to win the game..im choosing the vikes over the eagle this week
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

You can't hang your hat on one game. But we can go out and play tough again. Let's go Vikes!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Very rare and amazing that the vikes will either have a no 1 defense and no 1 defense against the pass. Even though its just one game against an overhpyed and overated team :lol: it still amazes me they did that.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I think that this post was started was some sarcasm.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I heard someone suggest in an earlier post that the Vikings should play the 3-4 more often. :roll: I don't think that would turn out very well.

The 3-4 is good at stopping the run, but it has a weak pass rush because of less linemen. The Vikings D is better suited to play the 4-3 because they are the type of defense that needs a pass rush to be able to stop the passing game at all. Some D's can get by without an effective pass rush because their personnel is extremely talented. The D-line is the best part of our team and we need four of them (plus a few other players) trying to disrupt the quarterback.

Furthermore, KWill, our best pass rusher, would be forced to not rush the QB as often because, as a nose tackle, he would have to play run D, which means playing on the line of scrimmage and shifting to the side of the RB. That means that if they try to pass on first down, it takes KWill that much longer to get to the quarterback, because he needs about a second to determine that he is passing.

As goes the pass rush, so goes the defense. It went well on Sunday.

Let's get to that QB, Vikes! :cheers:

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Prophet Guest

It is really surprising. I just hope they can keep it up. All the pundits will be changing their stories faster than Len Pastabelly can plagiarize a story.

What about the Vikes in the top of the heap in the dual sack machine category for the season!

Vikings | Fast Fact: Sack Duos - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:34:27 -0800

Vikings.com reports Minnesota Vikings DLs Kevin Williams (11.5 sacks on the season) an Lance Johnstone (11 sacks) tied the Indianapolis Colts and Atlanta Falcons as the only teams to have two players with 10 or more sacks each this season.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I think that this post was started was some sarcasm.
    WHO ME????
    lol, oh yea me.
    yea that was me.
    maybe a little
    but i am very proud of the way the played 4sure!!!

Del Rio Guest

"scorptile" wrote:
    i know im just pullin your chain...i actually liked how they played...but it didnt hurt having farve play horrible either..but i hope the vikings D can put enough pressure n mcnabb to get him out of rhythm to win the game..im choosing the vikes over the eagle this week
    Utter toolage.

Why did Favre play bad? Maybe it was because he got hit and hit again and banged around a little bit? I love how people think.

He even said himself that they were all over him all day just like they were the first couple times they played. He gave our front 4 credit for doing something no one else did all year. He was one of the least pressured QB's this season.

I would hope for the Vikes to lose if I were you. If this is indeed a year of revenge your team would be on that list. Remember we barely lost to you in the season.

It won't matter anyhow the Steelers are going to the bowl. So sorry Peyton but when you match an explosive offense against a very confident and tremendous D your gonna be in for a long day. Since the Steelers D was #1 in the NFL and your teams was very low I would say they have a good shot at pounding you.

They have a good offense to with a solid running game. They play good old smash mouth football they will be hard to beat with this level of excitement they will have being in the playoffs. Hell they were pumped during the season imagine them now.

I wouldn't worry about anything I guess except beating the Patriots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast