Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SaintManJ83 is offline Rookie

Vikinggs Pass Rush Versus Saints O-Line

Don't take this the wrong way but from a protection standpoint I think the Vikings may be easier then the Cowboys. 3-4 defenses are harder from a protection standpoint for the Saints. I am not saying this to slight the Vikings but in football in a 3-4 defense it is sort of harder to no where the rush is coming from in a 3-4 defense then where it is coming from in the 4-3 because it is way more obvious who is rushing.

I also know my team. The Saints gave up 20 sacks this year. 12 of those sacks came from 2 teams we played that ran a 3-4 defense and that was Dallas and Miami. In both games we were down by a deficit of 24-3 and had to comeback, versus the Phins we came back and won versus the Boys we came back but loss, but because of the deficit we were in obvious passing situations as well.

The team that the Vikings defense is most comparable to that we played was the Giants who were 5-0 at the time. Their D-Line is good and secondary is weak They are sort of similar to you guys defensively but your interior D-Line is stronger.

To beat the Vikes I think we have to commit to the run and force you guys to respect it irregardless of the result. I think we should run directly at your ends to help slow their pass rush as well as toss screens in their area to keep it on their minds to account for it which in-turn will slow them enough for Brees to attack your secondary. Versus the 13 4-3 teams we went against we gave up a total of 8 sacks and versus the 3 3-4 teams we played we gave up 12 sacks and 1 of those 3 (the Jets) didn't record a sack against us.
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Vikinggs Pass Rush Versus Saints O-Line

As Eminem said in 8th Mile..."You are saying the same shit he said"

To be honest your approach to things are what teams plan to do week in and week out. The issue with making us respect the run is that we can control the run with our front 4. Seeing that we have the 2nd best offense, is this really the game to try and be something that you aren't? If the Saints try and become a power rushing team this game, they will have plenty of time in the offseason to figure out why that was a dumb mistake.

SaintManJ83 is offline Rookie

Something we aren't??? Go check NFL.com and if you can show me the Vikings ranked higher then Saints rushing the Football I'd think you'd have a point. Our running game might not get the press that your's get and there is not one guy getting the bulk of the yards and the bulk of the Attention like AP but we aren't a solely passing team this year, we are a balanced team this year and that is what has gotten us this far not passing only.
    None

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

If you think the Saints will come and be able to run on the Vikings you must be retarded. They are the best run defense in the NFL. You have a MVP caliber QB matchup against our mediocre young defensive backs and your gameplan is to run the ball? This is why you make stupid internet rants instead of making calls from the sidelines. And last time I checked, Jermon Bushrod is matched up on Jared Allen this week. Good luck with that B)

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

MulletMullitia wrote:
    If you think the Saints will come and be able to run on the Vikings you must be retarded. They are the best run defense in the NFL. You have a MVP caliber QB matchup against our mediocre young defensive backs and your gameplan is to run the ball? This is why you make stupid internet rants instead of making calls from the sidelines. And last time I checked, Jermon Bushrod is matched up on Jared Allen this week. Good luck with that B)
    QFTSAICBE.

(Quote for truth so awesome it can't be explained)

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im worried we will go on one of our cold games after our huge games

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

what im worried about is ray and kev not being 100%. hopefully we can have players step up and come out with a w..

btw, that saints fan is retarded if you think u can run on us. no one can run on us. except for maybe benson whose the first guy to rush a 100 in the past 3 years. good luck with that

Peterson08 is offline Rookie

Goodluck reggie"overated Bush" , Pierre"Mike Thomas,and Mike "Saved By the"Bell. Aint no running, sorry.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

SaintManJ83 wrote:
    Something we aren't??? Go check NFL.com and if you can show me the Vikings ranked higher then Saints rushing the Football I'd think you'd have a point. Our running game might not get the press that your's get and there is not one guy getting the bulk of the yards and the bulk of the Attention like AP but we aren't a solely passing team this year, we are a balanced team this year and that is what has gotten us this far not passing only.
    I would agree with you that the Saints have had a better running game than the Vikings this year. But if you are looking at this matchup the Vikings have a clear advantage because our rush D is far superior.

Rush yds gm / rush td / D Rush yds gm / DrushTD
    Vikings 119.9 / 19 / 87.1 / 5
    Saints 131.6 / 21 / 122.2 / 19

Vikings average +32.8yds game and are +14 in rushing TD
    Saints average +9.4yds game and are +2 in rushing TD

The Vikings should have more success running the ball.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

the question of the 4-3 or the 3-4 is mute now at this point.. we have a proven D line that causes preasure. this might not be the .. we'll sac you 10x and kill your qb game that we'd wish it to be.. but.. i'm very sure that we will cause some.. disruption to the rythem of brees, and hopefully this will give that slight change to the saints O and cause some turnovers.. brees has a very very quick release, so we need to preasure him and we need to produce turnovers!! these are the 2 best offenses in the NFL. it will be a high scoring game! with the run game, and farve picking his targets.. I believe in the fact that the trenches will decide it..

Vides Dline > saints Oline.. this should cause some issues for them

Sants Dline ?? Vikes Oline.. here is my concern!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast