Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Viking website (others) observation

Earlier today I stumbled across another Viking fan site (Battle Wagon) while I was looking for specific directions to the PPO parking lot, I checked it out (While feeling like a cheating husband) and thought it was interesting, It's obviously a much smaller scale site than here, From there I checked their links to see if PPO was listed, just curious, and wondered if other similar sites would promote the "Competition" Yes it was, They had a few other sites also posted, I could only find one that had PPO marked as a viking fan site-(Kansas Viking).
    There is even a site called PP.com instead of org. Dawgs, Tailgate, and Age to sum up the others (I am certainly not in any way trying to spam them). For the life of me I cannot think of a single reason why these other websites fail to mention this one, It makes no sense, Aren't we all fans of the same Jeckyl and Hyde, blood pressure raising team??? Maybe some sites fans have bad mouthed others? I only spent a half hour skipping around these, One thing I noticed is that PPO looked to be far and away the most in depth, A couple had tons of links filling the screen making it look flashy, But ESPN, and NFL.com links everywhere didn't make it very personal, One had 1 online member , another had 0, Every site also seemed to have their own gazebo in one of the lots, I guess I just thought this was the only one. I have a habit of maybe reading way too much into things sometimes, Hell-maybe some fans are members of all fan sites, I like the whole conspiracy reason better though.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Viking website (others) observation

Sites do not advertise or link other sites for the mere fact there is competition between the sites.

They do not want their members to post a link to us, or us post a link to them, because members may go there and never come back.

We are good friends with some of the other sites, and some not so good friends.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"molineviking" wrote:

Earlier today I stumbled across another Viking fan site (Battle Wagon) while I was looking for specific directions to the PPO parking lot, I checked it out (While feeling like a cheating husband) and thought it was interesting, It's obviously a much smaller scale site than here, From there I checked their links to see if PPO was listed, just curious, and wondered if other similar sites would promote the "Competition" Yes it was, They had a few other sites also posted, I could only find one that had PPO marked as a viking fan site-(Kansas Viking).
    There is even a site called PP.com instead of org. Dawgs, Tailgate, and Age to sum up the others (I am certainly not in any way trying to spam them). For the life of me I cannot think of a single reason why these other websites fail to mention this one, It makes no sense, Aren't we all fans of the same Jeckyl and Hyde, blood pressure raising team??? Maybe some sites fans have bad mouthed others? I only spent a half hour skipping around these, One thing I noticed is that PPO looked to be far and away the most in depth, A couple had tons of links filling the screen making it look flashy, But ESPN, and NFL.com links everywhere didn't make it very personal, One had 1 online member , another had 0, Every site also seemed to have their own gazebo in one of the lots, I guess I just thought this was the only one. I have a habit of maybe reading way too much into things sometimes, Hell-maybe some fans are members of all fan sites, I like the whole conspiracy reason better though.

Battlewagon tailgates in the same lot that we do, purple lot #1.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Child please

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Geez, I had no idea there was some history of bad blood until I stumbled across a long post from a Vikinginwis (I think) former member who was crying about how this site and K-Fan are disliked for some reason by vikingboard or wherever, What in the world that has to do with football could cause such animosity between sites of the same team?
    They have a link to PPO Sucks???? Sounds very professional, Sorry to bring up an old sore subject
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

PPO #1 site on the WWW fo sho.
    By far the most well run forums I've seen and I aint just talkin out my ass either.
    Seriously the job that you guys do on this site is phenomenal.
    Thanks again.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Dibbzz is offline Starter

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    PPO #1 site on the WWW fo sho.
    By far the most well run forums I've seen and I aint just talkin out my ass either.
    Seriously the job that you guys do on this site is phenomenal.
    Thanks again.
    x2

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"molineviking" wrote:

Neat, but it's like a small town...boring.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

We should all sign up and take it over. lol

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

PurplePride.org is like New York City, while PurplePride.com, Battle Wagon, etc. are like Toledo and Topeka.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast