Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Viking Scoring Leaders

    I was paging around and came across "Vikings Scoring Leaders Year-by-Year from 1961-2002" http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Content&pid=33

    The Viking Scoring Leader almost every year is the Place Kicker. I never put much thought as to how many points a Kicker is credited for, but, it makes me wonder why Tice hasn't taken the position more seriously. Hopefully, one that we have now will step up and be the guy.

    :shock: Gary Anderson 164 pts in '98! Wow.

    :shock: Chuck Foreman...what a beast! 22 TD. (sorry that I'm surprised, I was an infant)

    :scratch: What does the Carter FG #s mean?

  2. #2
    shockzilla's Avatar
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    6,204
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I was paging around and came across "Vikings Scoring Leaders Year-by-Year from 1961-2002" http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Content&pid=33

    The Viking Scoring Leader almost every year is the Place Kicker. I never put much thought as to how many points a Kicker is credited for, but, it makes me wonder why Tice hasn't taken the position more seriously. Hopefully, one that we have now will step up and be the guy.

    :shock: Gary Anderson 164 pts in '98! Wow.

    :shock: Chuck Foreman...what a beast! 22 TD. (sorry that I'm surprised, I was an infant)

    :scratch: What does the Carter FG #s mean?
    Thanks for pointing that Carter mistake out to me - I changed it a little bit - he had 3 2-pt conversions that year...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

  3. #3
    vikesfan is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    152

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    I picked Elling for your pole question, however, I truly believe that Edinger will win the job, I would like to see Elling get it. Edinger has been around for a few years and has kicked against us twice a year so we know his name well. But the truth is, just because we've heard of him doesn't make him great, or even better than Elling. I really wanted us to sign Edinger last year when we tried, but after his performance last season, I don't want him anymore until I'm convinced that's behind him. And looking at his numbers, it's been for two consecutive years that he's declined tremendously in accuracy. I do think he could be a great kicker for us, but I'm not convinced, and when I'm unsure about both kickers, I say give it to the one who can at least kick off well, and that's Elling.

  4. #4
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    Edinger for sure! :wink:

  5. #5
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    "shockzilla" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I was paging around and came across "Vikings Scoring Leaders Year-by-Year from 1961-2002" http://www.purplepride.org/vikes/index.php?name=Content&pid=33

    The Viking Scoring Leader almost every year is the Place Kicker. I never put much thought as to how many points a Kicker is credited for, but, it makes me wonder why Tice hasn't taken the position more seriously. Hopefully, one that we have now will step up and be the guy.

    :shock: Gary Anderson 164 pts in '98! Wow.

    :shock: Chuck Foreman...what a beast! 22 TD. (sorry that I'm surprised, I was an infant)

    :scratch: What does the Carter FG #s mean?
    Thanks for pointing that Carter mistake out to me - I changed it a little bit - he had 3 2-pt conversions that year...
    I didn't know it was a mistake, I was just confused. :wink:

  6. #6
    canadian_vikes_fan's Avatar
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    Isn't Dorsche a punter??

    BTW, Cortez was already cut, when we signed Edinger.

    Thanks PPE for the sig.

  7. #7
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Isn't Dorsche a punter??

    BTW, Cortez was already cut, when we signed Edinger.
    On NFL.com they have Dorsch listed as a Kicker. :scratch: http://www.nfl.com/teams/rosters/MIN


    As for Cortez, someone will look more stupid than me if they vote for him. :grin:

  8. #8
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,005

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    Edinger, just cuz he's more consistant than any of the others.

    A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

  9. #9
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    May the best foot win!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #10
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,160

    Re: Viking Scoring Leaders

    Edinger, he is a dependable kicker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best FF Scoring System?
    By VikesFan787 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 01:11 AM
  2. Player leaders
    By gagarr in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 11:40 AM
  3. PPO FFB scoring
    By Garland Greene in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 09:49 PM
  4. For Our Site Leaders
    By Webby in forum Hall of Famers Speak
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 01:26 PM
  5. NFL Leaders through week 3
    By Slade in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 09:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •