Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Viking rank in Erie Times News

"Turboe" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Vikesfan787 - That is really cool that you are from Erie.
    I was born and raised there.
    I go home every month to see family and friends.
    How long have you lived there?
    HOLY CRAP!!! ME TOO.... I went to McDowell High School!!
    That is kind of ironic that there are that many people with Erie connections.
    I was neither born nor raised there, but I have lived in Erie on two different occasions in the younger days of my career.
    Once just down the road from McDowell near the Shrine Club, the other time out in Belle Valley area.

Dont get back much anymore maybe every other year to play golf at Lawrence Park or somewhere.
    Wow, this is nuts. I didn't think anyone would know where the hell Erie even was...

I graduated from McDowell in 2000 then went to Kent State University.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I went to Tech Memorial!!
    Now it is called Central, although I drove by the school the last time I was home and I think they have tech back in the name, I am not sure what they call the school now.
    My brother is a coach at Cathedral Prep.
    I went to the state championship game in 2002 when they played Central Bucks West.
    Great game; they should have won if the coach would have taken a safety instead of punting it and getting it blocked, but most of you don't know what I am talking about.
    Great city, I use to skip school with my buddies and we would head down to the Pennisula to hang out on the beaches.
    Skiing at Peek N Peek, or if you are old enough driving accross state line to go to NY back when you could drink at 18.
    Any of you remember the Yankee Rebel, or the Castle?
    Those were some good old times.
    Crazy though, we would drive home from NY (45 minutes) at three in the morning hammered, I really have been blessed that nothing really bad happened to me.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

C mac D did you play football, you might know my brother, he Coaches the Jv team for Prep.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

That's just plan eerie.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    Vikesfan787 - That is really cool that you are from Erie.
    I was born and raised there.
    I go home every month to see family and friends.
    How long have you lived there?
    HOLY CRAP!!! ME TOO.... I went to McDowell High School!!
    That is kind of ironic that there are that many people with Erie connections.
    I was neither born nor raised there, but I have lived in Erie on two different occasions in the younger days of my career.
    Once just down the road from McDowell near the Shrine Club, the other time out in Belle Valley area.

Dont get back much anymore maybe every other year to play golf at Lawrence Park or somewhere.
    I was in Erie about two weeks ago! I am from about 5 hours away in Pa....but I have a friend that goes to school up around there, so I was out visiting.

Not the same as living there, I know...but I figured I would throw my 2 cents in.
    ;D

What school does your friend do to Ltrey?

"tarkenton10" wrote:
    C mac D did you play football, you might know my brother, he Coaches the Jv team for Prep.
    No, no football. I was on the track team. What's your brother's name. Prep is a pretty big deal around that area.

I had no idea there were so many Erie ties on this website.

SKOL!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

So how many of ya'll live there now?

I dont recall the places mentioned above I hung out mostly at the 3-Ds, Greengarden for wings, The Rook (I think it was called) for afterhours.
    Sullivans?
    What are some of the other favorite watering holes there, I am sure I am forgetting lots of them.

Used to Ski at Peek N' Peak all the time.
    In fact during what could be construed as my third time living in Erie I actually lived in the condos at Peek N' Peak for about 4 months while I trained at the company I was working for's plant in Cory, PA until I permanently moved down here to SC.

"Turboe" wrote:
    So how many of ya'll live there now?

I dont recall the places mentioned above I hung out mostly at the 3-Ds, Greengarden for wings, The Rook (I think it was called) for afterhours.
    Sullivans?
    What are some of the other favorite watering holes there, I am sure I am forgetting lots of them.

Used to Ski at Peek N' Peak all the time.
    In fact during what could be construed as my third time living in Erie I actually lived in the condos at Peek N' Peak for about 4 months while I trained at the company I was working for's plant in Cory, PA until I permanently moved down here to SC.
    My parents still live out there. I live in NYC now though. I was in High School at the time, so I mostly hung out at friends' houses and the Millcreek Mall. I know 3-D's, but it's got a different name now (I think it's called "The Club".

As for Central High School (read someone mention it in previous post), I think it's called Central Tech now.

Those places are cool!!
    Have you ever gone to Lefty's or Eli's.
    Eli's wings are the best in town.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast