Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Viking Playoff Thread

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Yes Brad Johnson needs to improve, and all he has to do is not throw interceptions. The end.

Throw it away or take a sack that's it. If he does everything exactly like he has MINUS the turnovers then we can make a run.

Unfortunately right now for all you Brad haters the "GEE lets get a good QB" is not an option. The defense is playing great, they are mixing in 3-4 and starting to clamp down on teams. The running game is as good as it ever has been this season. All Brad need to do is not turn it over.

I wish I could say that for the rest of the team though. We need less penalties, less blind side penetration on passing plays, and we need our sorry jiggly butt core of WR's to actually catch a ball.

If I want to take the Brad haters approach then we need new TACKLES, we need NEW WR's.... WE need new everything. IN reality what we need is our QB to NOT TURN the ball over. That's it.

Why are we Brad haters?

I see a QB that has stayed in the game to long and it's costing us games!
    All I want is for the Vikings to do well, but I don't see the Vikes doing well with Brad at the head of the offense.

I backed Brad this season until it was obvious that he was more of a detriment to the team than a asset, and I would rather see Bollinger start this week if he can go.

It doesn't mean I hate Brad and want him to be harmed or killed, it means I want the Vikes to do well and Brad isn't the answer.
    I appreciate him giving it his all, but he should realize that he doesn't have what it takes to be productive in the NFL anymore and should steep aside.

If Brad throws 3 picks this week against the Jets and he costs us another game the Metrodome crowd will be merciless and I hate to see him finish his career this way.

Didn't even need Brad to throw 3 INT's just to play bad enough to put us behind and the crowd went after him with a vengeance!

I felt sorry for Brad but anybody that didn't see this coming wasn't paying attention and Childress it is time to name T-Jack the starter and give him the last 2 games to see what he can do.
    Name T-Jack the starter instead of having Brad start we are down by 3 scores again and then bring him in let him start and give him a chance.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

This thread needs to die, can we give it a rest now there will be no playoffs for us this year.

Just sit back an enjoy the rest of the season.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"rodidle" wrote:
    come on guys get into the real world.
    we aren't making any playoffs.
    we can't win at home, we can't beat anybody with an offense. Let's take a higher draft pick and look forward to next year...
    If any of the players of coaches had this type of attitude, we would be calling for their heads.
    We simply cannot give up until we are mathematically eliminated.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"Playoffs?
    Playoffs!?"

:Jim Mora voice off:
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

As I have said before, I think Childress will field the QB who he thinks gives us the best chance to win.
    Especially since we are still technically in the playoff hunt, and I personally refuse to roll over and dies before my time.

I think it is safe to say, however, that BJ is no longer that QB.
    Bring on TJ for the Green Bay game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Yes Brad Johnson needs to improve, and all he has to do is not throw interceptions. The end.

Throw it away or take a sack that's it. If he does everything exactly like he has MINUS the turnovers then we can make a run.

Unfortunately right now for all you Brad haters the "GEE lets get a good QB" is not an option. The defense is playing great, they are mixing in 3-4 and starting to clamp down on teams. The running game is as good as it ever has been this season. All Brad need to do is not turn it over.

I wish I could say that for the rest of the team though. We need less penalties, less blind side penetration on passing plays, and we need our sorry jiggly butt core of WR's to actually catch a ball.

If I want to take the Brad haters approach then we need new TACKLES, we need NEW WR's.... WE need new everything. IN reality what we need is our QB to NOT TURN the ball over. That's it.

Why are we Brad haters?

All I want is for the Vikings to do well, but I don't see the Vikes doing well with Brad at the head of the offense.

I backed Brad this season until it was obvious that he was more of a detriment to the team than a asset, and I would rather see Bollinger start this week if he can go.

It doesn't mean I hate Brad and want him to be harmed or killed, it means I want the Vikes to do well and Brad isn't the answer.
    I appreciate him giving it his all, but he should realize that he doesn't have what it takes to be productive in the NFL anymore and should steep aside.

If Brad throws 3 picks this week against the Jets and he costs us another game the Metrodome crowd will be merciless and I hate to see him finish his career this way.

Didn't even need Brad to throw 3 INT's just to play bad enough to put us behind and the crowd went after him with a vengeance!

I felt sorry for Brad but anybody that didn't see this coming wasn't paying attention and Childress it is time to name T-Jack the starter and give him the last 2 games to see what he can do.
    Name T-Jack the starter instead of having Brad start we are down by 3 scores again and then bring him in let him start and give him a chance.
    Might as well. And like I said 500 times before I am not expecting anything good to come of it. The whole team is playing poorly. Even the time he has had he managed a few 3 and outs, many incompletions some off dropped passes, a few turnovers. I really don't see how letting him play will improve our situation.

Like I said though at leats it gives the fans something to get excited about and that is more then I can say for the play of Johnson and crew.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

As painful as it is to watch, I keep watching, with just that little glimmer of hope.
    I think it's Tarvaris time like it or not.
    He got in rhythm pretty quick, and put up some decent #'s.
    I hope to see him Thursday against the Pack.
    Brad can't buy himself extra time, and with our pass blocking we need a QB that can buy himself some extra time.
    Another thing, we didn't lose the Jets game because of Brad, we lost it because of terrible pass Defense.

This is almost disturbing, but look at what could happen this week:

First of all, we'd need to beat the Packers, improve to 7-8.
    Then, the Panthers upset the Falcons, making both 7-8.
    Then, the Saints beat the Giants dropping them to 7-8.
    Let's say the Rams and 49ers win, both 7-8.
    The, the Eagles lose to the Cowboys dropping to 8-7 (still in line for #5).
    Seahawks could lose to Chargers dropping to 8-7.

That would set up a week 17 that looks like this:

7-8 Giants at the Redskins
    7-8 Falcons at the 8-7 Eagles
    7-8 49ers at the Broncos (who may be fighting for a wildcard, too)
    7-8 Rams at the 7-8 Vikings
    7-8 Panthers at the Saints

If the Redskins come through on the upset, the Eagles beat the Falcons, the Broncos take care of the 49ers, all we have to do is beat the Rams. That would mean the Eagles would take the #5, we'd take the #6.

Long shot?
    Yeah, but also very possible.
    I've got hope.
    Now, if we lose Thursday that's another story.

542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"JDogg926" wrote:
    As painful as it is to watch, I keep watching, with just that little glimmer of hope.
    Brad can't buy himself extra time, and with our pass blocking we need a QB that can buy himself some extra time.
    Another thing, we didn't lose the Jets game because of Brad, we lost it because of terrible pass Defense.

If the Redskins come through on the upset, the Eagles beat the Falcons, the Broncos take care of the 49ers, all we have to do is beat the Rams. That would mean the Eagles would take the #5, we'd take the #6.

Long shot?
    I've got hope.

It's so insane that we are still in there. But this scenario is entirely possible.

But it all comes down with us getting it done at Lambeau. Btw. why do we have to play there every year in december

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"cogitans" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:

Long shot?
    I've got hope.

It's so insane that we are still in there. But this scenario is entirely possible.

But it all comes down with us getting it done at Lambeau. Btw. why do we have to play there every year in december
    That's a good question.
    Maybe it's because the one year we went there in September (2003) we spanked them.
    Wouldn't it be a great story for Tarvaris (keep in mind I've been a Brad supporter most of the season) to come in lead us to 8-8, we sneak into the playoffs, win a couple games we're not supposed to, actually get into the Superbowl, behind a rookie that has 2 career starts under his belt.
    Even if we didn't win the Superbowl but got there, that would just be an awesome story to have about your team.
    You could tell your grandkids about it.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Why are we Brad haters?

Might as well. And like I said 500 times before I am not expecting anything good to come of it. The whole team is playing poorly. Even the time he has had he managed a few 3 and outs, many incompletions some off dropped passes, a few turnovers. I really don't see how letting him play will improve our situation.

Like I said though at leats it gives the fans something to get excited about and that is more then I can say for the play of Johnson and crew.

I am not expecting what I think a lot of Viking fans are that T-Jack comes in and our offense becomes one of the best in the league.
    I just don't see that happening but I do think it is time to start to look to the future and to see how T-Jack handles controversy and pressure.

I expect T-Jack to go through the growing pains of an NFL QB and that means 2 years of mistakes and learning and some of the Viking fans will start to get annoyed with it and will call for his head but if he shows that he is learning and improving albeit slowly I will back him and look down the road.

To the fans that cheered for him to be the QB now (me being one of them) remember half way through next season when he is having trouble you have to back him then as you do know and keep looking to the future because we have a long road ahead of us.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast