Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Viking Nation

  1. #21
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Viking Nation

    As I've written before:

    "Zeus" wrote:
    That said - I'll take Brett Favre, Al Harris, Donald Driver, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke, Steve McMichael, Richard Dent, the corpse of Walter Payton and any combination of Lindsay Lohan/Jessica Simpson/Olson Twins on my roster if it helps the Vikings win a Super Bowl.

    The TEAM is more important than the INDIVIDUAL.
    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #22
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,779
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Viking Nation

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    I feel as though I should post this....Don't know if this is the right spot though?

    I am pretty sad to see us so divided over a QB. Whether it be Favre, T-Jack, Sage or Jeff George lining up behind the center, we all share the same thing. We LOVE the VIKINGS. I put the Vikings in all caps to show that we root for a team, not just one individual player. Pretty sure we all share the same dream, of the Vikings winning a Super Bowl and being crowned the best team for a year. Something none of us have had the pleasure to see. I could careless who guides us to a Super Bowl aslong as we get there someday.

    So take a step back and look at the big picture, future is now, pieces are in place with or without Favre(depending on your perspective). We root for the VIKINGS now and will when Favre is long gone....

    Sure I'll get flamed for this post....

    SKOL VIKES!

    Peace, love and the American way...
    no you won't get flamed for it - at the end of the day everyone will have their view on him and what he will bring or not bring to the team and that means everyone respecting others opinions. So from that side there shouldn't be a division as we all want the team to do well.

    I'll put my hand up and say that I don't want the guy here, never liked him and never will plain and simple. It's a team sport but he's a 'me me me player' IMHO but thats my view. Many see him as the final piece of the puzzle that will bring the SB title to Minny and we will see as one of the two views on him will be right.

    There's some interesting times ahead but some people on here are setting themselves up for a huge fall if Favre fails to deliver - its one thing to support and promote a player that you rate but quite frankly some of the adoration posted already is that sickly sweet that even Little Orphan Annie would be barfing her guts up.

    Last time I looked getting a player just so you can wear a #4 Vikings jersey to piss off your packer friends/relatives/neighbours/co-workers isn't a justifiable reason for signing a player - still if that floats your boat then enjoy.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Viking Nation

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Divided? I really only saw a couple people upset. I think divided is a stretch.
    LMFAO! Do I need to dredge up those posts from yesterday & before camp?

    Several people stated they didn't want Favre if he was not here by TC, yourself included.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=13pt]He is either signed and here by the 30th or floop him.[/size]
    Not to mention just yesterday when the Glazer story came out, several people reiterated they no longer wanted him because it was too late.

    Now that it has become reality, some of those same fickle, bandwagon fans are singing a different tune & jacking off, while they are giving Favre the hummer of his life.

    What's worse than their blatant lies are the lies of our HC & Zygi Wilf who were *cough* done with him & moving on.

    The Rosencopter was nothing to Sage compared to the jiggly butt-fricken our owner & coach gave to him today.
    I am one person that said if he isn't here by camp, screw him. However, he is the Qb of this team, so I have to accept it. I can choose to bitch and complain or I can enjoy it for what it's worth. A huge amount of attention for my favorite team and increased ticket sales. Now our talented but unknown case of players will be thrusted into the national spotlight and will become household names. Players like Leber and Henderson who are talented guys will have a camera in their faces and may get our team some additional respect. Right now a lot of other fans don't respect our team.
    Really? I disagree.

    Exactly how many "household" names can you mention from The 2008 Jets team because of him playing there? The attention they received was primarily about Favre.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Viking Nation

    "jessejames09" wrote:

    When it comes down to it you will root for Favre too, making you a hypocrite as-well. You band-wagoner.
    I'll root for my team, but not Favre. Not any different than those who weren't rooting for Jackson.

    It has nothing to do with hate & everything to do with my opinion that I think he will be detrimental to this team & it's chances of winning.

    All will be fine early, but down the road when Favre runs out of gas & our HC doesn't have the balls to bench him, it will get very interesting as it unfolds.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #25
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Viking Nation

    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Divided? I really only saw a couple people upset. I think divided is a stretch.
    LMFAO! Do I need to dredge up those posts from yesterday & before camp?

    Several people stated they didn't want Favre if he was not here by TC, yourself included.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=13pt]He is either signed and here by the 30th or floop him.[/size]
    Not to mention just yesterday when the Glazer story came out, several people reiterated they no longer wanted him because it was too late.

    Now that it has become reality, some of those same fickle, bandwagon fans are singing a different tune & jacking off, while they are giving Favre the hummer of his life.

    What's worse than their blatant lies are the lies of our HC & Zygi Wilf who were *cough* done with him & moving on.

    The Rosencopter was nothing to Sage compared to the jiggly butt-fricken our owner & coach gave to him today.
    I am one person that said if he isn't here by camp, screw him. However, he is the Qb of this team, so I have to accept it. I can choose to bitch and complain or I can enjoy it for what it's worth. A huge amount of attention for my favorite team and increased ticket sales. Now our talented but unknown case of players will be thrusted into the national spotlight and will become household names. Players like Leber and Henderson who are talented guys will have a camera in their faces and may get our team some additional respect. Right now a lot of other fans don't respect our team.
    Really? I disagree.

    Exactly how many "household" names can you mention from The 2008 Jets team because of him playing there? The attention they received was primarily about Favre.
    guarantee about three quarters of the people would not know who Jerricho Cotchery was without Favre, now, not quite a household name, but Favre helped get his name out.

  6. #26
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Viking Nation

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Divided? I really only saw a couple people upset. I think divided is a stretch.
    LMFAO! Do I need to dredge up those posts from yesterday & before camp?

    Several people stated they didn't want Favre if he was not here by TC, yourself included.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=13pt]He is either signed and here by the 30th or floop him.[/size]
    Not to mention just yesterday when the Glazer story came out, several people reiterated they no longer wanted him because it was too late.

    Now that it has become reality, some of those same fickle, bandwagon fans are singing a different tune & jacking off, while they are giving Favre the hummer of his life.

    What's worse than their blatant lies are the lies of our HC & Zygi Wilf who were *cough* done with him & moving on.

    The Rosencopter was nothing to Sage compared to the jiggly butt-fricken our owner & coach gave to him today.
    I am one person that said if he isn't here by camp, screw him. However, he is the Qb of this team, so I have to accept it. I can choose to bitch and complain or I can enjoy it for what it's worth. A huge amount of attention for my favorite team and increased ticket sales. Now our talented but unknown case of players will be thrusted into the national spotlight and will become household names. Players like Leber and Henderson who are talented guys will have a camera in their faces and may get our team some additional respect. Right now a lot of other fans don't respect our team.
    Really? I disagree.

    Exactly how many "household" names can you mention from The 2008 Jets team because of him playing there? The attention they received was primarily about Favre.
    guarantee about three quarters of the people would not know who Jerricho Cotchery was without Favre, now, not quite a household name, but Favre helped get his name out.
    LMAO? So a grand total of ONE! Read his question again! LMAO!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #27
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Viking Nation

    "V" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52802.msg984397#msg984397 date=1250640598]
    Divided? I really only saw a couple people upset. I think divided is a stretch.
    LMFAO! Do I need to dredge up those posts from yesterday & before camp?

    Several people stated they didn't want Favre if he was not here by TC, yourself included.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=13pt]He is either signed and here by the 30th or floop him.[/size]
    Not to mention just yesterday when the Glazer story came out, several people reiterated they no longer wanted him because it was too late.

    Now that it has become reality, some of those same fickle, bandwagon fans are singing a different tune & jacking off, while they are giving Favre the hummer of his life.

    What's worse than their blatant lies are the lies of our HC & Zygi Wilf who were *cough* done with him & moving on.

    The Rosencopter was nothing to Sage compared to the jiggly butt-fricken our owner & coach gave to him today.
    I am one person that said if he isn't here by camp, screw him. However, he is the Qb of this team, so I have to accept it. I can choose to bitch and complain or I can enjoy it for what it's worth. A huge amount of attention for my favorite team and increased ticket sales. Now our talented but unknown case of players will be thrusted into the national spotlight and will become household names. Players like Leber and Henderson who are talented guys will have a camera in their faces and may get our team some additional respect. Right now a lot of other fans don't respect our team.
    Really? I disagree.

    Exactly how many "household" names can you mention from The 2008 Jets team because of him playing there? The attention they received was primarily about Favre.
    guarantee about three quarters of the people would not know who Jerricho Cotchery was without Favre, now, not quite a household name, but Favre helped get his name out.
    LMAO? So a grand total of ONE! Read his question again! LMAO!
    [/quote]

    Coles is already a pretty well k nown player, Cotchery was nobody, Noone takes notice of the OL regardless of who's at QB.
    Thomas Jones made a name for himself also, probably gathered more attention.
    Tight end Dustin Keller.

    As well, the Jets Defense isn't nearly at the level that ours is.
    Some good showings by Greenway and EJ will get them some more attention, as there will be more hype surrounding this team, more people to take notice.
    Believe what you want, but its absolutely true.
    Will Favre singlehandedly turn 8 players into probowlers?
    No, but he'll definitely have attention on this team, which is good come pro bowl voting time.

  8. #28
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Viking Nation

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=52802.msg984436#msg984436 date=1250643839]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52802.msg984397#msg984397 date=1250640598]
    Divided? I really only saw a couple people upset. I think divided is a stretch.
    LMFAO! Do I need to dredge up those posts from yesterday & before camp?

    Several people stated they didn't want Favre if he was not here by TC, yourself included.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=13pt]He is either signed and here by the 30th or floop him.[/size]
    Not to mention just yesterday when the Glazer story came out, several people reiterated they no longer wanted him because it was too late.

    Now that it has become reality, some of those same fickle, bandwagon fans are singing a different tune & jacking off, while they are giving Favre the hummer of his life.

    What's worse than their blatant lies are the lies of our HC & Zygi Wilf who were *cough* done with him & moving on.

    The Rosencopter was nothing to Sage compared to the jiggly butt-fricken our owner & coach gave to him today.
    I am one person that said if he isn't here by camp, screw him. However, he is the Qb of this team, so I have to accept it. I can choose to bitch and complain or I can enjoy it for what it's worth. A huge amount of attention for my favorite team and increased ticket sales. Now our talented but unknown case of players will be thrusted into the national spotlight and will become household names. Players like Leber and Henderson who are talented guys will have a camera in their faces and may get our team some additional respect. Right now a lot of other fans don't respect our team.
    Really? I disagree.

    Exactly how many "household" names can you mention from The 2008 Jets team because of him playing there? The attention they received was primarily about Favre.
    guarantee about three quarters of the people would not know who Jerricho Cotchery was without Favre, now, not quite a household name, but Favre helped get his name out.
    LMAO? So a grand total of ONE! Read his question again! LMAO!
    [/quote]

    Coles is already a pretty well k nown player, Cotchery was nobody, Noone takes notice of the OL regardless of who's at QB.
    Thomas Jones made a name for himself also, probably gathered more attention.
    Tight end Dustin Keller.

    As well, the Jets Defense isn't nearly at the level that ours is.
    Some good showings by Greenway and EJ will get them some more attention, as there will be more hype surrounding this team, more people to take notice.
    Believe what you want, but its absolutely true.
    Will Favre singlehandedly turn 8 players into probowlers?
    No, but he'll definitely have attention on this team, which is good come pro bowl voting time.
    [/quote]

    1. You are greatly ofon what is a "household name". Cotchery, Coles, Jones, and Keller are not "household names." Go ask the next girl you see if they know any of those people.
    2. Who gives an F about Pro Bowlers?
    3. I don't know about you, but I don't think having attention on this team is all that great. A few memories come to mind....Dirty Bird, 41-0, Whizzinator, Sex Boat.....I'm a much bigger fan of the Dark Horse approach than the highly touted approach. Sure, we may sell more tickets, but that's not why I'm a fan.

    Favre raises expectations but does not necessarily make the team any better. SEVERAL analysts were saying that we were a QB away from the SB. Well, we got a "high profile" QB. Can you direct me to a SINGLE analysts who is now saying that we're headed to Miami? The guys who like the signing still won't even say that it's enough to take us to the big dance.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #29
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Viking Nation

    "V" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=kevoncox link=topic=52802.msg984461#msg984461 date=1250646317]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=52802.msg984436#msg984436 date=1250643839]
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52802.msg984397#msg984397 date=1250640598]
    Divided? I really only saw a couple people upset. I think divided is a stretch.
    LMFAO! Do I need to dredge up those posts from yesterday & before camp?

    Several people stated they didn't want Favre if he was not here by TC, yourself included.

    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=13pt]He is either signed and here by the 30th or floop him.[/size]
    Not to mention just yesterday when the Glazer story came out, several people reiterated they no longer wanted him because it was too late.

    Now that it has become reality, some of those same fickle, bandwagon fans are singing a different tune & jacking off, while they are giving Favre the hummer of his life.

    What's worse than their blatant lies are the lies of our HC & Zygi Wilf who were *cough* done with him & moving on.

    The Rosencopter was nothing to Sage compared to the jiggly butt-fricken our owner & coach gave to him today.
    I am one person that said if he isn't here by camp, screw him. However, he is the Qb of this team, so I have to accept it. I can choose to bitch and complain or I can enjoy it for what it's worth. A huge amount of attention for my favorite team and increased ticket sales. Now our talented but unknown case of players will be thrusted into the national spotlight and will become household names. Players like Leber and Henderson who are talented guys will have a camera in their faces and may get our team some additional respect. Right now a lot of other fans don't respect our team.
    Really? I disagree.

    Exactly how many "household" names can you mention from The 2008 Jets team because of him playing there? The attention they received was primarily about Favre.
    guarantee about three quarters of the people would not know who Jerricho Cotchery was without Favre, now, not quite a household name, but Favre helped get his name out.
    LMAO? So a grand total of ONE! Read his question again! LMAO!
    [/quote]

    Coles is already a pretty well k nown player, Cotchery was nobody, Noone takes notice of the OL regardless of who's at QB.
    Thomas Jones made a name for himself also, probably gathered more attention.
    Tight end Dustin Keller.

    As well, the Jets Defense isn't nearly at the level that ours is.
    Some good showings by Greenway and EJ will get them some more attention, as there will be more hype surrounding this team, more people to take notice.
    Believe what you want, but its absolutely true.
    Will Favre singlehandedly turn 8 players into probowlers?
    No, but he'll definitely have attention on this team, which is good come pro bowl voting time.
    [/quote]

    1. You are greatly ofon what is a "household name". Cotchery, Coles, Jones, and Keller are not "household names." Go ask the next girl you see if they know any of those people.
    [/quote]You seem to have missed my previous statement, butl et me re-iterate it for you
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    now, not quite a household name, but Favre helped get his name out.
    2. Who gives an F about Pro Bowlers?
    fans, players, just because you don't doesn't mean others don't[quote]
    3. I don't know about you, but I don't think having attention on this team is all that great. A few memories come to mind....Dirty Bird, 41-0, Whizzinator, Sex Boat.....I'm a much bigger fan of the Dark Horse approach than the highly touted approach. Sure, we may sell more tickets, but that's not why I'm a fan.
    I know you know what I meant, but go ahead and twist it to suit whatever you want.
    Attention for good play is a great thing.


    Favre raises expectations but does not necessarily make the team any better.
    Favre improves teh QB situation, but no he doesn't make other players better, but thats not what I'm saying at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Welcome to Overreaction Nation
    By LuckyVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 07:00 PM
  2. Viking Nation Video: Adrian Peterson- Iron Man
    By akvikefan89 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 05:45 AM
  3. Raider Nation grows by one!
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 10:53 AM
  4. Question for PPO nation
    By DarrinNelsonguy in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-12-2006, 03:29 AM
  5. new to the purple nation
    By WIVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 07:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •