Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Viking Lovers not gonna like this...

I don't like the Sharper pickup. He probably will get burned or he will be hurt. Would have rather kept what we had. But yes if Walker ever decides to play Football and stop being a cry baby then yeah he can and will burn Sharper. Because Sharper gets burned.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Lets just hope for our szke that Sharper is going to want to "kick start" his career with us.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Why would sharper make a statement in favor of walker, if he didn't want to face walker. This makes no sense.

Del Rio Guest

Sounds like to me Sharper is bitter about the break-up. He played hurt for them gave them some great years. Also sounds like he is worrying too much about things that do not concern him.

A better answer would be "I don't care what is going on in Packer land, I need to focus on what I need to do to be successful here in Minnesota." "I will worry about the Packers when we play each other, and even then, what happens with their personel on their sorry ass team is of no conern to me."

"I am with the best team in the NFL." "Walker is on a team where good football goes to die"

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

First, as I recall, wasn't Sharper critical of Favre for being critical of Walker?

At any rate, Sharper may well get burned by Favre, or Walker, in the upcoming season. There is little shame in getting burned by the best, and Favre and Walker both rate up there. Both of those players have, and will, burn many corners and safeties over their remaining careers.

I personally don't think it is wise for Sharper to talk trash to our primary division rival (and his former teammates) and give them any additional motivation to beat the Vikes, unless he knows for a fact that one of them melts down when they get red.

And as for the playoff game, Walker got hurt around the end of the first quarter/early 2nd quarter and didn't really play after that. The game outcome might have been very different if Walker had been on the field; Ferguson was also still out from his Darius head shot, and the 4th and 5th wideouts on the Packers who tried to fill in didn't do a good job of getting open/being in the right places.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

PacelliWR is offline Training Camp

:'( you are hurting my feelings - lol, I enjoy Sharper on the team, even though he wont do good on the team, I enjoy having him - I also think we should have picked up Darius, Not only was that hit on Ferguson awesome, but he is a good safety overall - but I guess it wouldn't work out - since we have Chavous - and I think he is fine for the job.

The packers are done - I love it, can't wait for the season - whats the countdown at now? 90 some days im guessing?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepat" wrote:
    First, as I recall, wasn't Sharper critical of Favre for being critical of Walker?

At any rate, Sharper may well get burned by Favre, or Walker, in the upcoming season. There is little shame in getting burned by the best, and Favre and Walker both rate up there. Both of those players have, and will, burn many corners and safeties over their remaining careers.

I personally don't think it is wise for Sharper to talk trash to our primary division rival (and his former teammates) and give them any additional motivation to beat the Vikes, unless he knows for a fact that one of them melts down when they get red.

And as for the playoff game, Walker got hurt around the end of the first quarter/early 2nd quarter and didn't really play after that. The game outcome might have been very different if Walker had been on the field; Ferguson was also still out from his Darius head shot, and the 4th and 5th wideouts on the Packers who tried to fill in didn't do a good job of getting open/being in the right places.
    If IF was a fifth...

IF we would have had Kleinsasser and Rosenthal and Moss (at full speed), the game might have been a blowout...or we would have not even played GB in the playoffs because we would have won more games and gotten a bye...we could play the IF game all day long...fact is that injuries bit them in the butt just like they did to us at the beginning of last season...that is just the way it is. So Walker being out is just tough crap for them.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

Favre's best receivers were wearing purple that day. :wink: :lol:

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Walker won't be able to get the ball while our D line is crushing Favre...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234