Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Viking Lovers not gonna like this...

Wow, Packer fans never cease to amaze me. Their constant offseason ranting is growing old. You could cut their jealousy with a knife. Their pety jokes they make to cover to sadness are tasteless and idiotic. I can't wait to see that team fall to pieces this season. Now that my good sir will be humor.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

jellovike is offline Starter

"bono" wrote:
    I was visiting this message board at my job's website: jsonline, and there was some discussion about Sharper and his comments about Favre over Walker. Someone posted that Sharper only said what he said b/c he doesn't want Walker to light him up this season. Below is the post, and a response from another packer backer. Check it out. It's pretty funny!
    Iceman010 wrote:

Think about it...if you're Darren Sharper and you know that the two games that Walker played in last year the Pack beat the Vikes and the one that he didn't play in the Packers lost. He also knows that he was brought in to revamp the secondary and that the guy (Wlaker) across the line of scrimmage is going to kick his a$$ when they get locked up in deep coverage. Wouldn't you want him out of their lineup also. You can't blame the guy for trying.

Hey D Sharp...I've got one word for you if Walker lines up against you this year...TOAST. I'd start praying now.

The Leaper wrote in response:
    Yeah...Toast!

Now that would be a funny tradition...everytime an opposing Vikings player got burned, Packer fans would throw toast on the field. It would even double as a convenient snack for the players...I'm sure Grady wouldn't mind chowing down on some toast during the game.
    Well if you actually look at the stats it appears that Walker did play in the game that the Packers lost. Maybe you just didn't notice because he didn't do s#%@. Check out the stats.

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec Yds TD
    01/09 Minnesota L 17-31 Yes 2 27 13.5 21 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Zygi Zagi Zygi Zagi Oy Oy Oy!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    I was visiting this message board at my job's website: jsonline, and there was some discussion about Sharper and his comments about Favre over Walker. Someone posted that Sharper only said what he said b/c he doesn't want Walker to light him up this season. Below is the post, and a response from another packer backer. Check it out. It's pretty funny!
    Iceman010 wrote:

Think about it...if you're Darren Sharper and you know that the two games that Walker played in last year the Pack beat the Vikes and the one that he didn't play in the Packers lost. He also knows that he was brought in to revamp the secondary and that the guy (Wlaker) across the line of scrimmage is going to kick his a$$ when they get locked up in deep coverage. Wouldn't you want him out of their lineup also. You can't blame the guy for trying.

Hey D Sharp...I've got one word for you if Walker lines up against you this year...TOAST. I'd start praying now.

Yeah...Toast!

Now that would be a funny tradition...everytime an opposing Vikings player got burned, Packer fans would throw toast on the field. It would even double as a convenient snack for the players...I'm sure Grady wouldn't mind chowing down on some toast during the game.
    Better save some of that toast for when TW, Burley, MRob and TT light up Batman, Whoopi and the rest of the pathetic excuse of a defense that the Packers will field this year!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"jellovike" wrote:
    "bono" wrote:
    Iceman010 wrote:

Yeah...Toast!

Well if you actually look at the stats it appears that Walker did play in the game that the Packers lost. Maybe you just didn't notice because he didn't do s#%@. Check out the stats.

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec Yds TD
    01/09 Minnesota L 17-31 Yes 2 27 13.5 21 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Nice one jello.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Stupid Trolls...

Once again a desperate attempt by a pack fan to TRY and make a positive point out of a useless offseason.
    [img:81319149fb]http://img104.exs.cx/img104/1055/wiultmossfan4ax.gif[/img:81319149fb]

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

The name of this thread should have been "Viking Lovers Probably Won't Care About This". Who cares what some Trailor parker thinks about his trashy team. We smoked the Pack, in Lameblow, in the playoffs. Sharper decided he wanted to be on the winning side for now, so he became a smart man and jumped ship. To the Viking ship!

Oh BTW Sharper > Brian Russell.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Packer fans and their defensive attitudes...they make me laugh.

Sharper said what he said because he obviously feels that it isn't Favre's place to comment of the state of Walker's "business" deals. If he were commenting on Walker's PLAY, that would be another thing completely.

Sharper raised a valid point; how can Favre comment on Walker's lack of mini-camp participation when he himself isn't there? To me, it simply further highlights the TRUTH that "Brett is held to a much lower standard of acceptability than anyone else is". Brett can skip Mini-Camp and it's just peachy. Brett can walk off the field with 36 seconds on the clock and everyone's fine with that. Brett can throw tantrums on the field and no one blinks. Brett can attempt stupid plays at the 4 yard line - instead of diving for extra yards - and everyone laughs and says, "Well...that's Brett Favre".

I don't think Sharper fears Walker. Truth be told, there isn't a Packer receiver worth "Fearing". There isn't a Viking receiever in that category anymore either.

So, while I'm sure that your packer-troll buddies would LIKE this to be about the Vikings fear of Walker, the TRUTH is we don't really care. If Walker plays or sits is only of interest to us because we can rattle YOUR cage with it. If he lines up, we'll beat you...if he doesn't, we'll beat you...this is simply "Pre-Season Packer-bash fodder" for us.

Caine

zakvikes2k is offline Starter

I find it pretty humurous as well and idiotic. Sharper is a great cover safety, so although he may not be the greatest hitter, he does know the Packers inside and out so wherever that guy found this info, it's way off and not realistic at all.
    Things you would NEVER hear a Green Bay Packer fan say:
    1."No kids in the back of the pick-up, it s just not safe."
    2."I ll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex."
    3."Duct tape won t fix that."
    4."Checkmate."
    5."Nope, no more for me. I m driving tonight."

PacelliWR is offline Training Camp

WOOo GO SHARPER :-D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast