Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Viking Lovers, got any room to hate Aikman?!!!!!

When I lived in E. Plano (suburb of Dallas) for a couple of years I heard the same thing. It was kinda strange how Deion Sanders lived in W. Plano and Emmitt lived in the burbs, but then you had Aikman living all alone in this big ranch out of town. You never heard of his girlfriends or a wife. Because Aikman was Johnston's ho!
    I was living in Plano during Aikman's glory days as well. The rumor of Aikman being a rump ranger was the favorite topic at every bar. Then he got married to try and disguise it.... any kids yet?

The love affair for Favre after his last few seasons boggles me, I guess its just one old senile, scrambled brain qb sticking up for another one. Favre had his day, but now he just throws the thing up for grabs and hopes one of his dudes finds a way to catch it. I'm guessing 25 INT's for Favre this year. Probably 25 TD's as well just to keep the love affair with the announcers going.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Picking based on Favre's QB skills and not the team as a whole is wrong. As I recall, Farve had a severe meltdown in a high pressured playoff game last year. What team was that again that beat them in Lamblow field? Oh yeah, that team was the MN Vikes.

When it counted, we kicked'em where it counts, and Favre turned around and took swung a couple of kicks at his own team by winging so many INTs.

Aikman can stick with his pick if he so desires, and hopefully Favre turns around and kicks him in the NADs too.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Of opinions that matter to me, Aikman's is not one. I hated him right off the bat with Dallas. I was appalled that he made it into the booth. And I think him and Joe "Thats disgusting" Buck are a match made in heaven. So much for the A-team. Imagine how stupid you would feel if you forgot about Culpepper.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

It seems that Aikman is still suffering from that concussion that big Jerry Ball gave him. He's now a slack jawed ex-jock with far away eyes, and his brain is bruised losing cognitive reasoning.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "And they have a quarterback. I guess I say this because I used to play the position, but I still believe it's a quarterback-driven league and I don't agree with anybody who says that we win because we just don't want our quarterback to lose games" -Troy Aikman

wow, just like daunte doesnt exist
    Yeah, not only is it hard to believe he'd ignore Daunte, the quote about qb's losing games...did he forget to watch Favre losing (almost all by himself) to the Vikings in the first round of the play-offs...I think most teams have a valid point about not wanting their qb to lose games...

Just 'cause I'm a bit of a stickler, I'm a relative newby, but I'm pretty sure ALL OF THE TEAMS HAVE QUARTERBACKS...

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

Didn't Aikman retire because of too many blows to the head?!?! I think so! It is obvious hillbillys stick together......Aikman has to be on crack...We are obvious favorites....Green Bay has nothing...Favre is all they have but the guy doesn't play defense, or right or left guard for that matter....Plus maybe Joe Buck wouldn't be friends with him anymore if he picked us. The torch was passed last playoff game......By the way Aikman has never liked the Vikings.....He called our team dirty once after a monday night game at the Metrodome, when we beat them down........Him and Madden should go to the same doctor and get a cat-scan...Idiots...

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    "jackyl" wrote:
    "sunny" wrote:
    Viking lover? You bet your As@! Aikman took way to many hits, just look at the drool on the side of his face when he talks. Or was he thinking of Darly?
    Perhaps he was admiring the rings he's got from winning the Super Bowl.... I wonder if any Vikings players do that?
    2 out of those 3 Superbowls should have astericks by them because all they had to do was beat the Buffalo B.i.l.l.s (Boy I Love Losing Superbowls). And everyone knows that Neil O'Donnell threw that other Superbowl game. J/K
    :laughing3:
    that's some great stuff right there. Aikman has had way too many concussions, as many member have pointed out. taking his word on any of his predictions would be a huge mistake. since i live next to Texas, all i heard about was Aikman this and Aikman that, i personally have always disliked him.

Thanks Josdin

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Obviously Fox does not give their employees random drug screens! :lol:

VegasLadyJae is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Obviously Fox does not give their employees random drug screens! :lol:
    There You Go!!!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Aikman is just mad because he is not even worthy enough to carry Steve Young's jock.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast