Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Viking Lovers, got any room to hate Aikman?!!!!!

Here's a few lines from an article in our (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Newspaper), by sports writer Bob Wolfley, on retired Troy Aikman, and his thoughts on the NFC North.
    Header: "Aikman eludes rush to pick Vikings in North"
    Troy Aikman has no trouble saying what many others cannot bring themselves to say: that the Green Bay Packers are the team to beat in the NFC North.
    "Once again the Minnesota Vikings are the "fashionable pick," according to Aikman, but there are some unsettling aspects about the Vikings, one of which he thinks has not attracted wide attention.

Aikman quote: "I just have a hard time going against a team like Green Bay. They are pretty seasoned in a lot of areas. And they have a quarterback. I guess I say this because I used to play the position, but I still believe it's a quarterback-driven league and I don't agree with anybody who says that we win because we just don't want our quarterback to lose games. Certainly they are going to go as far as Brett Favre takes them. So I still believe they are the team to beat. The Minnesota Vikings have been kind of the fashionable pick there in the North for the last couple of seasons. They have started out for the most part fairly well at the beginning of the year and faded down the stretch.
    "This year people think they have a chance to improve from where they were a year ago. But I think that's pretty much true for all 32 teams. Everybody is quick to say Green Bay is probably not going to be where they were a year ago, that this is going to be the start of their decline. I don't know about that."

Any thoughts, Viking Lovers?
    Wow, finally someone who is as optimistic as I am about the Packers!!!!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Re: Viking Lovers, got any room to hate Aikman?!!!!!

Aikman is an idiot, watch him hold his mic before every game, he is like "damn it look at my superbowl ring"

What a narcicistic bastard

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

*Pick up jaw off of floor*

Let me get this straight. Aikman is going against the Vikings because of the quarterback position??????????????????????????:shock::shock::s hock::shock::shock:

Last time I checked, that was probably our position with the least question marks! :lol:

Thanks PPE for the sig.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Why do you always refer to us as "Viking Lovers?"

Its as if you are taunting us?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

There is always room to dislike Cowboys and former Cowboys alike.

Aikman, Dorsett, Pearson, Staubauch, and Irvin. I kinda like Emmitt though. We always seemed to do OK against him for how good he was. He got us a couple of times though.

I am not surprised at Aikman's comments. He is not always right, that is all I can say.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"RochesterVikingsFan" wrote:
    Aikman is an idiot, watch him hold his mic before every game, he is like "gol 'darnit it look at my superbowl ring"
    i know alot of Viking alums that do that with their NFC Championship rings. :lol: :lol:

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I figured you would stick up for Aikman!

With the Vikes its ok. With any other team it is not. Got it? :lol:

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

He's right in that the Vikes have a tendency to fall apart at the end. His rationale though needs some work. "Today" Culpepper is a much better QB that Fav-re.

The Pack are the division champs...they're the team to beat.

The Vikings however, are just the team to do it.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

He may be right looking at previous years...but its a new year. Slates wiped clean. Aikman, Brad Shaw, and Madden are complete retards. Tonight on the pats game madden is like "i just dont see the vikings being a better team and being good in that divison without moss". Well madden I just dont see you not uckin farves ick every moment that you get!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    He may be right looking at previous years...but its a new year. Slates wiped clean. Aikman, Brad Shaw, and Madden are complete retards. Tonight on the pats game madden is like "i just dont see the vikings being a better team and being good in that divison without moss". Well madden I just dont see you not uckin farves ick every moment that you get!
    Yeah, Moss sure helped his team kick some butt tonight...oh wait, THEY LOST!!! Screw Aikman...I seem to remember back when I used to live in Dallas hearing all the rumors about how TroyBoy and Daryl-ene Johnston were big butt buddies and all! :lol:

And that was Cowboy fans in Dallas spreading those rumors around...not haters from other NFL cities!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast