Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Viking fans on the packers

I've been a VIKINGS fan for 35 years :cheers: . But I don't think I really started hateing :angryfire: the Packers till I moved to Wisconsin 15 years ago. But Its a lot of fun to fly my VIKINGS flag proudly all season long. No matter how the season ends up. And I think this will be a great one! :thumbleft:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"VIKE58" wrote:
    I've been a VIKINGS fan for 35 years :cheers: . But I don't think I really started hateing :angryfire: the Packers till I moved to Wisconsin 15 years ago. But Its a lot of fun to fly my VIKINGS flag proudly all season long. No matter how the season ends up. And I think this will be a great one! :thumbleft:
    You dont get trashed or anything like that by packer fans??? I would think they would give you a hard time and do a lot of pranks and mean things to you after they see you displaying the vikings flag.

You viking fans in wisconsin should tell us what daily life is, living in the dairly land.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    It's interesting. Your stories of starting to hate the Pack in the 90's sound so much like the same reasons we started hating the Bears in the 80's.
    I also considered the Bears our biggest rival in the 80's. Between Ditka, the a**hole Bear fans I went to school with, and the fact that they were just better than us, I hated them more than any other team. Didn't even think of the Packers as a big rival until the last few years.

To be honest, I don't even hate the Packers as much as I used to hate the Bears. Favre, Sherman, Reggie White, Mike Holmgren and those guys combined don't get me half as riled up as Dikta used to. I actually had a picture of him that I would put on my dartboard when we'd play and throw darts at when the Vikings scored a TD. Now that's hatred!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Back in the 70's when the Vikes were going to the superbowl every other year after each lose the Packer fans would being ripping us for losing. "We never lost a superbowl", and this was coming from a team that didn't make the playoffs for a decade.

And I got so tired of hearing every year for 15 years "The Pack Is Back" "The Pack Is Back".

Most arrogent fans in sports, even more than the Bears fan in 1985.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I think my hatred for the Vikes started intensifying in the late 90's when the games started getting dirty (and both sides contributed to it). Guys like Fuller and Carter whining all the time...just made it easy to hate. Randle was tough, but easy to hate also.

I think it comes down to another team having success at your expense, being able to single out players to hate, and having some trash going on out on the field. That's when the rivalry becomes intense.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"tlk23" wrote:
    Since I was in the woom.

Me too tlk23, since I was in the womB!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I've despised the Pack only since they became competitive, beginning in the 90's. I can't see my "hatred" falling off any time soon, even if they go back to the toilet for a few decades.

I still despise the Bears, since about 1985. I've never disliked the Bears FANS..., I find that they're generally intelligent and down to earth. I like the people in Chicago more than any other big city. I can't say that I hate Packers fans, but they're just a different breed that I have a hard time accepting (present company excepted). I'll go into detail some other time.

It is nice to have rivals though, it makes it fun. Even having the few resident Packers fans on this board is fun. As long as they're respectful (it is a Vikes site).

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I live in Wisconsin and hate it during football season. Since I am a teacher in a K-2 elementary school I work will all women who know nothing about football and they are the biggest band wagon packer fans. If they win Favre is God, if they lost Favre is too old and should retire. If the vikings lose, I don't hear the end of it. I hate stupid people that know nothing about football, or for that matter that don't even watch their "favorite" team play! I gotta get back to Minnesota!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

I don't think I necessarily hate the Packers as a team. I love to beat them because they are in our division and stand in the way of making the playoffs sometimes. I think because lately they have become competetive and we have been going back and forth with them only in our division well with the exception of when Tampa Bay was in our division for the last few years that is why we detest them but it is more the Packer fans that I have come across that make me hate them. I know there are rotten fans that go with any team but I have found more arrogant packer fans above all the rest with the exception of maybe dallas fans but at least usually dallas fans can take a little ribbing without getting out of control and pouting. That has been my experience I have one girl who is the wife of one of my friends that came from Wisconsin that you just can't talk about football with. She now lives in minnesota and if you even start talking football she gets a big chip on her shoulder and turns it into a war you can't even have an intelligent conversation in general about football because she thinks you are disrespecting her packers and gets all bitchy and storms off and pouts so I find the fans the reason most of all as to why I disklike the packers.

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

My hatred of the Vikings really really started in 98' when Moss arrived on the scene. My younger cousin-(14 now and I'm 16) has been a Vikes fan for as long as I can remember me being a Packers fan. Now before that we were the Super Bowl champs and had already gone to the Super Bowl twice-beating the the Vikes 3 out of 4 in two years. All of a sudden the Vikes do awesome in 98' and the Packers "suck." Then in 99' he went on about it. Now I understand if you wanna say Packers suck you say it, just as we do, but what bothers me is he "doesn't want to talk about it" when the Packers are on top. I don't bug him the way he bugged me, but I know that once the Vikes go to the playoffs or start to go ahead of the Packers he will start talking again. He did it last year w/ the whole 6-0 thing and eventually got quiet as the season went on. I hate the Vikes no matter what, but this is fueled by the fact that we see each other in the summer, sometimes christmas and we instant message each other a lot. We're about as tight as brothers-him in Colorado, me in New York, but NFL there is no closeness! Go Packers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast