Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Viking fans on the packers

As a Viking fan i always wondered this about everyone? When did you viking fans really start hating the packers. For me it was in 1996 when they won the super bowl every time i wore a viking shirt i was hassled by a fudgie fan. They and the team got so cocky and thought they were so good. Then they swept us in 1997 i believe and i was pissed. I really hated them then.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

For me it was around 98. Back in highschool my friend was a packer fan. He was pretty cool about it, but we had our jokes, small bets on games, and such. For us it was a healthy rivalary. I got to college later tough, and met some extatic pack fans. That is where I started to have a passionate hate for them.

For me though, the rivalary vs the Bears was the original. My uncle is pretty crazy, and he is a huge bear fan, so he does not hold anything back, yeah, he is one of those uncles. It has died down recently (bears not doing so good so he is not talking anymore, lol) but I am guessing it will be picking up in a few years.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

rjkvikings is offline Asst. Coach

I'd say it kinda came with being a Vikes fan. Of course, I became a Vikes fan in 1998 when I was 10 and started to actually watch football so there wasn't really any other rivalry for me.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Being from Los Angeles and being nothing other than a Raider Hater I have to say that my hatred of the Hack came with being a fan of the Vikings. Which has been just over 15 years now. Since that time I've come to really hate the Hack and many of their fans from around here. With exceptions of course.

What makes this rivalry so great is the 42-42-1 record. Soon to be 44-42-1 Vikings.

SKOL Vikings!!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

It's interesting. Your stories of starting to hate the Pack in the 90's sound so much like the same reasons we started hating the Bears in the 80's.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Los is definitely an exception. Rivalries are a great thing no matter how or why they start. It's going to be a great season.

Long live all Raider Haters!!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Well i became a fan in like 96 when i really started getting interested in the vikes, of course my dad disliked the pack so i was goin to dislike them also. But i think what really got me was when they lost to them on Moday night in like 2000 or see when dishman dropped the INT on MNF and it landed on freeman's chest and he ran it in i was only 14 or 15 and thats when the hating really started. Something had to spark it.

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Since I was in the woom.

I really started hating the Pack last season. Before that, my hatred was mostly focused on the Cowboys. But, thanks to last season and how much the packers fans rubbed our noses in our misfortune and their lack of sportsmanship, character, and class, I now hate the Packers the most of any team.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

BEing a Packers fan, the team I hated the most in the 90's was Dallas... they were the ones who took us out year after year. Now, as a Packer fan, I hate the vikings the most. I would love to say the Bears, but the Vikings are more competative.

I hate the fairweatherness of many Viking fans as well. Not necessarily HERE, but living near Duluth I see people switch all the time. There were NO Viking fans here just 7 yrs ago. (NO is used relatively)
    3 Straight Division Champs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast