Re: Viking 'fans'

i love the vikings
    ;D

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Negativety and complaining is OK - people complain when they have a vested interest in something.
    But this site, especially lately has been over the top.
    We actually have threads enttiled "How much longer will the Vikings be in Minnesota?"

I talk with fans from other teams every day.
    And you know what, I hear more negative comments about the Vikings from fans on this forum than I do from fans who hate the Vikings.
    It is depressing, and honestly, it is killing the offseason for me.

Was I disappointed when we didn't get TJ?
    Sure, but then again, I don't see WR as our number 1 need, so it isn't like we took a step back.
    Am I sad to see Birk go? Yup, but I also realize that this draft is the best in years for the OL, so I am not throwing in the towel just yet.

On the flip side, I a stoked that we resigned Klinny.
    I am happy that we brought in some competition for TJack.
    I am glad that we are not bringing in FAs from a relatively weak market just to satisfy fans.
    Given the FA moves in 06 and 08, I know that the Vikings organization won't hold anything back if they think someone can help the team.
    But they also aren't going to spend money just to spend it (ala Redskins style).

Over the past three years we have improved every year, cumulating with the NFC North division title last year - something we have never done before.
    Every indication is that we will win the NFC North again. We hosted our first home playoff game since 2000, and it was AMAZING.
    I am excited for this season.
    I honestly expect us to continue to improve.
    I expect a playoff win at the least, and I think this is a realistic expectation.

Screw the doom and gloom crowd.
    I am excited for the Vikings this year!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I can pretty muchh guartentee that we could make the Superbowl even win the Superbowl and you would find someone complaining about something. You will get people that complain But I also think people think we are complaining when we have a difference of opinon on something.
    Take all the arguments over Tjack. Is that being negative or people just disagreeing? I see it as disagreeing. Now if people would also just realize he sucks, This board would be a much happier place
    ;D ;D ;D

But serioulsy I would be more woried if there was not as much "Negativity" as you call it on this board. It just shows how passionate people are for this team.
    No matte rhow much peopel bitch and complain about this team, we are still here almost everyday and inn front oof our TV or in our Metrodonme seats each week with our jerseys on watcing the team.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Everyone on this site wants the best for the Vikings organization and we want to see them succeed. So when we don't see them going in the right direction or making the right decisions (or at least what we PERCEIVE to be the right decisions) we are critical of them....but that's only because we are pulling for them to do the right thing.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"JahViking" wrote:
    Why do the majority of the Viking 'fans' on this site do nothing than complain and whine about nearly every single move that the Vikings organization makes?

Ziggy, Spielman and Childress have put together a 10 win playoff team that has unarguably improved year after year.

Nobody is going to agree with every decision and move that the Vikings organization makes, but try to be positive every once in a while. There is always a need for some negativity but
    why not try to curve some of that passion you have for the team into something that is more than nearly 100% pure negativity.

Ziggy, Spielman and Childress have put together a 10 win playoff team that has unarguably improved year after year.

I can't wait for the 0910VIKINGS
    Welcome to the site. You will see a much more positive attitude here around and after the draft. The beginning of training camp and the start of the season brings optimism also. Of course after a win things usually pick up. Right now is a down time. Too long after the season ended and too long before the season starts. I know I go through some pretty ornery times when I don't have my Vikings to watch for a long period of time. Keep up the positive attitude, maybe it will rub off on some of us. Check out the Thanks Matt thread.

you can always count on the T-shirts, Booty, and Boobies threads to see some positive attitudes.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Blog Entries

"Ltrey" wrote:
    Everyone on this site wants the best for the Vikings organization and we want to see them succeed. So when we don't see them going in the right direction or making the right decisions (or at least what we PERCEIVE to be the right decisions) we are critical of them....but that's only because we are pulling for them to do the right thing.
    I understand that, but judging from recent posts, it seems like the Vikings aren't doing anything right, or at least the vocal majority here don't PERCEIVE that they are doing anything right.

I simply don't accept that.
    Some of the things the Vikings have done are the right thing.
    And that is the problem.
    People here are focusing on just the wrong and ignoring the right. There are one or two people who are holding a candle of positivity, but it is a losing battle in the hurricane of negativity.

F that.
    I am ready to be excited about the Vikings.
    I see a team that is damn close.
    I see a team with a few holes, but an upcoming draft that plays to our weaknesses.
    I can't wait to be at the dome for the home opener to see us hoist the NFC North banner.
    Skol Vikings!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I understand that, but judging from recent posts, it seems like the Vikings aren't doing anything right, or at least the vocal majority here don't PERCEIVE that they are doing anything right.

And that is the problem.
    People here are focusing on just the wrong and ignoring the right. There are one or two people who are holding a candle of positivity, but it is a losing battle in the hurricane of negativity.

F that.
    I see a team that is damn close.
    I see a team with a few holes, but an upcoming draft that plays to our weaknesses.
    I can't wait to be at the dome for the home opener to see us hoist the NFC North banner.
    Skol Vikings!
    I agree.
    But, I don't understand why you are surprised when people fly off the handle illogically and consistently.
    It's the pp.o way.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

And that is the problem.

F that.
    I see a team that is gol 'darnit close.
    Skol Vikings!
    I agree.
    But, I don't understand why you are surprised when people fly off the handle illogically and consistently.
    It's the pp.o way.
    lol.
    I know.
    I don't know why I try to inject logic and rational thought sometimes.
    What am I thinking of... ;D
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:

And that is the problem.

F that.
    I see a team that is gol 'darnit close.
    Skol Vikings!
    Thats two damn posts in a row that makes me want to meet you in a certain parking lot were we can start slamming someones famous jello shooters and Beast....... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"MinnesotaFury" wrote:
    I agree, as I stated before, that complaining sometimes is normal, natural, and that it means you care.

I guess I can't make anyone do anything, but personally, I don't see the point in even being a fan if the team never meets your expectations.
    This is about "complaining"; not about expectations.

How many tangents do you want to take this?

And why do people over analyze things so much?

Am I complaining?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast