Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Viking 'fans'

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Viking 'fans'

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

I agree that the site has been pretty negative lately.
    A lot of complaining, and not enough recognizing the good things that the organization has done in the past few years.
    I've noticed more than a few members of this site quietly disappear, and I think the negative crowd has something to do with it.

Don't worry, there are a lot of us here who are also pumped for the season to start.
    I am just as excited for the Vikings now as ever. ;D
    LOL! That's negative thinking right there on your part. Just because you don't see certain posters posting here, doesn't mean they left here because people are negative. They may have very good reasons for not posting during this part of the season.

It's the off season #1, & I have seen posters who disappear during that time & during the same time have seen many people join to enlighten us with their mock drafts & who we should pick up during the offseason.

People are going to post there opinions, negative or positive & I'd love for you to find a forum that doesn't.

What do you consider negative anyways? Someone that doesn't agree with your or the majorities POV?

Is not the anti-Jackson, pro Sage crowd just as negative as the pro Jackson, anti sage crowd?

Is not complaining that the Vikings didn't re-sign Birk just as negative as the crowd not liking Birk in the first place?

Could not posting negative comments about T-Will, even though he didn't play well, be also looked at as complaining against the coaches/FO for keep him here?

It all depends on how a person perceives a post from their POV.

We played some pretty sloppy & mediocre ball last year & still managed to go 10-6 & make the playoffs. I for one stated we were not a playoff caliber team & wouldn't make it deep into the playoffs. Does that mean I was being negative? Not IMO. That's just how I saw it panning out based on our play.

Does that mean I was unhappy that we went 10-6 & made the playoffs? Hell no!

Post of the year!
    Thank you!!!... it's funny how ppl take constructive criticism or ppl pointing out ineffectiveness or moves that they don't like as ppl being negative..!!!

You can have a positive season, you can be proud of your season.. but until we win the superbowl, there will always be things to point out good/bad and be reasons for constructive criticism.

With all the talent on this team, it gets' frustrating at times to see us underachieve, or better yet, fail to address key issues on this team effectively.. such as QB... per say..

LIke you said, while i'm glad we went to the playoffs, glad we win... we didn't really play like a 10-6 team or playoff team or division winner... most of the time!

Is pointing out the obvious at times being negative?

YOu can say that girl is super hot but she needs some pro-active in order to be a superbabe!!.. is that being negative or just pointing out the the chick could have better skin to be even better..?

Same as the Vikes, we're a super hot babe, but in order to be smokin hot, we need better play a a few key positions (pro-active) and possibly some better coaching on the offensive side of the ball... i think that's pointing out the obvious.. not being negative...

Tomato - tomata'

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    To be honest I avoid this site sometimes due to negatvity

But everyone is entitled to their thoughts and this is the place to voice it. I am not saying stop doing it. If I dont want to read it I dont have to.

I think most NFL message boards have negativity. It gives people a chance to vent. Just like the days before the net people would vent on call in radio call in shows
    LOL, your not the only one my friend.

I trade emails with 5 solid members (from when I first joined) who don't post much if at all anymore.

IMHO that doesn't make the site a bad site, just means it is growing.
    When that happens all kinds of chuckleheads show up with all kinds of opinions/thoughts/discussiong points.

Some are good, some are bad, it just gets a bit harder to wade through in an effort to find the good stuff.
    There is no bad opinion. Maybe you don't agree with it but that does not make it bad.

skol good vikes supporters

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:

But everyone is entitled to their thoughts and this is the place to voice it. I am not saying stop doing it. If I dont want to read it I dont have to.

I think most NFL message boards have negativity. It gives people a chance to vent. Just like the days before the net people would vent on call in radio call in shows
    LOL, your not the only one My Sexy Little Pixie.

I trade emails with 5 solid members (from when I first joined) who don't post much if at all anymore.

When that happens all kinds of chuckleheads show up with all kinds of opinions/thoughts/discussiong points.

Some are good, some are bad, it just gets a bit harder to wade through in an effort to find the good stuff.
    I think the issue is, and maybe the Moderators can help with it, the negativity penetrates all the threads.
    We will have a thread going on the draft and then suddenly there are pictures of Childress and comments on his coaching ability completely off topic... any topic about WRs turns into TJack bashing and then defending...
    While I don't think the negativity is a problem (I don't like it, but I understand it), I would like to see us stay more on topic in discussion threads.
    I 100% agree with you.

And when we have a thread and somebody derails it by saying something like "Childress sucks" we try to recognize it and do something.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:

No matter what opinion is posted, someone is going to blast you for it.
    It's the internet way.
    I think some people just get tired of it.

Marrdro, you specifically have had your posts attacked a fair amount lately.
    But you seem to take it for what it is and persevere.
    Your preferance to actually talk football makes this a better site.
    I give a shout out to V, Mr. Anderson, and all the others who make great football posts.
    That's because Marr is talking from his azz!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:

There is no bad opinion. Maybe you don't agree with it but that does not make it bad.
    Bullshit.

If you were to tell me that your opinion was that the world was flat, that would be a bad opinion, because it is rooted in something that is flat-out wrong.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:

kaka del rio.

If you were to tell me that your opinion was that the world was flat, that would be a bad opinion, because it is rooted in something that is flat-out wrong.

=Z=
    you mean the world isn't flat??..

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:

kaka del rio.

=Z=
    you mean the world isn't flat??..
    It is depending on where you live

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:

Bullshit.

=Z=
    That is totally different from an opinion. An opinion is a belief that may or may not be backed up with evidence, but which cannot be proved with that evidence. The world is flat is a statement that has been proven wrong. Childress is a bad coach is an opinion. It is hard to prove right or wrong.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:

Bullshit.

=Z=
    That is totally different from an opinion. An opinion is a belief that may or may not be backed up with evidence, but which cannot be proved with that evidence. The world is flat is a statement that has been proven wrong. Childress is a bad coach is an opinion. It is hard to prove right or wrong.
    LOL. Bad example.

The only three things I could possibly say that make Chiller 'good' are;
    1. He's a coach in the NFL (he must know something, right?)
    2. He knows how to pussyfoot around a question, expert bullshitter
    3. He has a big mustache, which makes him look either friendly, or like a petofile, possibly both.

There's 3 years and thousands of people's worth of input on why he sucks.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast