Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking 'fans'

JahViking is offline Waterboy

Viking 'fans'

Why do the majority of the Viking 'fans' on this site do nothing than complain and whine about nearly every single move that the Vikings organization makes?

Ziggy, Spielman and Childress have put together a 10 win playoff team that has unarguably improved year after year.

Nobody is going to agree with every decision and move that the Vikings organization makes, but try to be positive every once in a while. There is always a need for some negativity but
    why not try to curve some of that passion you have for the team into something that is more than nearly 100% pure negativity.

Ziggy, Spielman and Childress have put together a 10 win playoff team that has unarguably improved year after year.

I can't wait for the 0910VIKINGS

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Re: Viking 'fans'

"JahViking" wrote:
    Why do the majority of the Viking 'fans' on this site do nothing than complain and whine about nearly every single move that the Vikings organization makes?

Nobody is going to agree with every decision and move that the Vikings organization makes, but try to be positive every once in a while. There is always a need for some negativity but
    why not try to curve some of that passion you have for the team into something that is more than nearly 100% pure negativity.

Why does a first time poster come on here to judge other posters? :

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Skol and welcome to the site.
    Make sure you introduce yourself in the free beer forum.

I agree that the site has been pretty negative lately.
    A lot of complaining, and not enough recognizing the good things that the organization has done in the past few years.
    I've noticed more than a few members of this site quietly disappear, and I think the negative crowd has something to do with it.

Don't worry, there are a lot of us here who are also pumped for the season to start.
    I am just as excited for the Vikings now as ever. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "JahViking" wrote:

Why do we have to judge a first time poster?
    Obviously he/she has been here long enough to notice that 99% of the threads lately are bitching...
    I think that post was spot on.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"JahViking" wrote:

Welcome to the site my optimistic friend.

Post well and often.
    Judging by that post, you will.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Vikestand" wrote:
    One post, fifty posts, twenty thousand posts.....What the hell does post count have to do with it?

My understanding (and why I support this site) is that it doesn't matter.
    Anyone, regardless of post count or opinion has the right to voice it on this site IWO (In Webby's Opinion) as long as they do it within his rules......

Maybe some of us, me included, should back the truck up a bit and listen to the fresh voice of reason perhaps..... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    "JahViking" wrote:

Why do we have to judge a first time poster?
    Obviously he/she has been here long enough to notice that 99% of the threads lately are bitching...
    I think that post was spot on.
    I find that listening and, in this case, reading, is much more important than speaking.
    The number of posts someone has should not effect your view of the post, unless it is completely utterly negligent-- which it isn't.
    I am on Purplepride just about every day and have been for the past 3 or 4 years.
    But take a look at the number of posts I have.
    He has just as much right to call us out as you do.

I too am getting sick and tired of all this complaining.
    There are 31 other teams in the league and we aren't going to win every fight for every free agent.
    Everyone is pissed about not getting Housh and it is rediculous!
    I for one am extatic that we are acknowledging the position and making a move to bring in a big name player.
    Everyone talks like they've given up and all that's left is complaining.
    Like the original poster stated, this is a 10 win, reigning division champion team that is continuing to improve each year.

I agree, we aren't making many moves right now.
    But neither is Green Bay.
    And neither is Chicago.
    (I'm not going to acknowledge Detroit, because they should be cleaning house).
    Yes, it sucks that we lost a local legend to another team.
    But it's done.
    It's time to start looking at the future.
    We have 3 decent prospects for the C position in Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, and John Sullivan.
    We have an OL heavy draft coming up as well.

My point is, being a fan means standing behind your team.
    I'm sure most of us would fight a bit for our Vikes in an office-debate, but being a fan means more than that.
    We are acting Zygi has started packing up the boxes to leave for LA.
    Woe is us...
    This is the Minnesota Vikings.
    Not the Los Angeles Vikings.
    It's time to lose the 24-7 pessimism and time to start getting excited for what is going to be a huge year for us.
    We are in it to win it this year.

At some point we have to put a little trust in the team and have a little faith that the coaching staff has a plan.
    As much as you may love to hate Brad Childress, he's gotten us this far.
    Same with Spielman and Wilf.
    Just because we haven't fixed the problem yet doesn't mean we should all give up.
    It's been 6 days for crying out loud.

"MinnesotaFury" wrote:
    I find that listening and, in this case, reading, is much more important than speaking.
    The number of posts someone has should not effect your view of the post, unless it is completely utterly negligent-- which it isn't.
    I am on Purplepride just about every day and have been for the past 3 or 4 years.
    But take a look at the number of posts I have.
    He has just as much right to call us out as you do.

I too am getting sick and tired of all this complaining.
    There are 31 other teams in the league and we aren't going to win every fight for every free agent.
    Everyone is pissed about not getting Housh and it is rediculous!
    I for one am extatic that we are acknowledging the position and making a move to bring in a big name player.
    Everyone talks like they've given up and all that's left is complaining.
    Like the original poster stated, this is a 10 win, reigning division champion team that is continuing to improve each year.

I agree, we aren't making many moves right now.
    But neither is Green Bay.
    And neither is Chicago.
    (I'm not going to acknowledge Detroit, because they should be cleaning house).
    Yes, it sucks that we lost a local legend to another team.
    But it's done.
    It's time to start looking at the future.
    We have 3 decent prospects for the C position in Artis Hicks, Ryan Cook, and John Sullivan.
    We have an OL heavy draft coming up as well.

My point is, being a fan means standing behind your team.
    I'm sure most of us would fight a bit for our Vikes in an office-debate, but being a fan means more than that.
    We are acting Zygi has started packing up the boxes to leave for LA.
    Woe is us...
    This is the Minnesota Vikings.
    Not the Los Angeles Vikings.
    It's time to lose the 24-7 pessimism and time to start getting excited for what is going to be a huge year for us.
    We are in it to win it this year.

At some point we have to put a little trust in the team and have a little faith that the coaching staff has a plan.
    As much as you may love to hate Brad Childress, he's gotten us this far.
    Same with Spielman and Wilf.
    Just because we haven't fixed the problem yet doesn't mean we should all give up.
    It's been 6 days for crying out loud.
    This JahViking guy has started a wave of optimism.
    I like it...

By the way, just bumped you (MF) up a couple of columns on the ole spread sheet.
    Top shelf, top shelf indeed my friend.
    ;D

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Why?

Because it's been that way for a long time now.

I would bet that a lot of other teams sites are the same ways.

People sometimes complain because they are compassionate for their team and there is nothing wrong with that.

If they did not care, they would not complain.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Why?

Because it's been that way for a long time now.

I would bet that a lot of other teams sites are the same ways.

People sometimes complain because they are compassionate for their team and there is nothing wrong with that.

If they did not care, they would not complain.
    The fact that "it's been like that way for a long time now" doesn't excuse it or give it any sort of justification.
    I do acknowledge your point that if they didn't care, they wouldn't complain, but it's almost getting to the point where we aren't getting anything in return.
    Or we aren't trying to find anything in return.
    It has turned into a hate-fest.

I agree that people do sometimes complain about their team and that there is nothing wrong with that.
    However, there has to be some balance.
    If we are never acknowledging what we are doing right and being happy about it, there is no point in caring at all.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast