Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Viking fan returning tickets?

Well she's not a true fan. :lol:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"scott72" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Shows how bright she is,

Those tickets are worth some big bucks......

She must be blonde....lol
    Big bucks? Nope. The market value has dropped HUGE for tickets. I bought mine from a Viking fan on Ebay for 65 bucks. 10th row, 2nd deck, 30 yard line, aisle seats. Tickets all over Ebay were going for anywhere from 50 bucks to 150 depending on locations.
    That's per ticket I assume. I've been watching ebay 24/7 for weeks & have saw few Vikings/Packers tix go for less than face value. Except for rows 28 & up or single tix. If you don't mind sitting with a pillar in front of you or blocking your view, that's fine.

Some of those seats aren't "limited view" but the sellers usually don't tell you which. So I avoid them like the plague.

Great seats were going for $300-$400/pr. Face value: $105 per ticket.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

we have to this week to keep fans coming to the stadium or our streak of sellouts in a row may end...
    We're bringing purple back.

mnpackerbacker is offline Waterboy

Here's her letter as it appeared in the Rochester newspaper. It was read on the air by Mark Rosen last night.

October 16, 2005

Mr. Zygmunt Wilf

Minnesota Vikings

9520 Viking Drive

Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Dear Mr. Wilf,

Over the past week, my reaction to the latest Vikings debacle has ranged from shock to disbelief and anger, but has settled in to a pervasive sadness. I have been a Vikings fan every since the team's first season in 1961. On Sundays, my dad and I would listen to the game on the radio, or watch it on television. I've been a Vikings fan through thick and thin - cheering for Fran Tarkenton, The Purple People Eaters, 40 for 60 in 70, even through the Les Steckel years (Oh, that's right - that season only SEEMED several years long!). When I was a second grade teacher, I would bring treats for my students on the day after a Vikings victory. On Thanksgiving, when the Vikings were playing, we'd dress everyone in Vikings gear, right down to the Helga braids on our 93-year-old Norwegian aunt. In recent years, I've regularly told my friends and family why a new Vikings stadium could be the best thing that could happen to Minnesota. The good-natured rivalry with my Chicago-born son-in-law, the whimsical look in my husband's eye when he says "you'll notice that the season tickets are in her name", trips to the Dome from Rochester on game day...I've enjoyed being a Vikings fan, and always looked forward to football season.

As a youngster, when I watched Vikings games with my Dad, he would point out with pride the fact that the Minnesota Vikings stood at attention along the sidelines when the National Anthem was being played. This small gesture set our team apart as a team that was disciplined, a team that was respectful.

We could take pride in this team that had its priorities in order.

The conduct of your team members in the past week has proven that this is not a group of human beings worthy of respect. Their behavior angers and disgusts me. This is not a team in which we can take pride. I regularly pointed out to my daughters that the Vikings still stand at attention when the National Anthem is played, but this gesture has become a sham. The Minnesota Vikings are a sorry bunch of immoral losers, who have not even had the courage to stand up and say, "I was there. I was wrong."

I am sorry, Mr. Wilf, that you have inherited a house that is in such disorder. But, in reality, it is indeed your house, and the buck stops with you. You and Mr. Tice have a tall order, Mr. Wilf, to restore the respect and pride that we once held for our Vikings. Your public statements in recent days indicate that you understand the seriousness of this situation.

Your actions will speak louder than words.

Enclosed you will find my two season tickets for this coming Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers. It saddens me to realize that I cannot stomach the thought of cheering for this embarrassment to our state. These two seats will be empty on October 23.

Sincerely,

Barbara DeCramer

Rochester, MN

Cc: Mr. Mike Tice; Mr. Phil Huebner, Director of Ticket Sales; Star Tribune Letters to the Editor; Mr. Mark Rosen, WCCO-TV

"mnpackerbacker" wrote:
    Here's her letter as it appeared in the Rochester newspaper.

...Enclosed you will find my two season tickets for this coming Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers. It saddens me to realize that I cannot stomach the thought of cheering for this embarrassment to our state. These two seats will be empty on October 23
    If they're great seats & I spot 'em empty after the 1st quarter --- they won't be empty honey!

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

That's a srtong letter she wrote, an more power to her.

For those in this group going to the game this Sunday, I think a little BOOING is in order when the team FIRST takes the field.

Then cheer the rest of the game.
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

"jimmymac" wrote:
    That's a srtong letter she wrote, an more power to her.

For those in this group going to the game this Sunday, I think a little BOOING is in order when the team FIRST takes the field.

Then cheer the rest of the game.
    I'll be at the game.

I may opt to boo their performance off the field, but I won't boo them when they're on it.

jimmymac is offline Pro-Bowler

Ok, then how about an evil stare? :evil:
    -- Sarcasm always turned on --

scott72 is offline Rookie

"singersp" wrote:
    "scott72" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Shows how bright she is,

Those tickets are worth some big bucks......

She must be blonde....lol
    Big bucks? Nope. The market value has dropped HUGE for tickets. I bought mine from a Viking fan on Ebay for 65 bucks. 10th row, 2nd deck, 30 yard line, aisle seats. Tickets all over Ebay were going for anywhere from 50 bucks to 150 depending on locations.
    That's per ticket I assume. I've been watching ebay 24/7 for weeks & have saw few Vikings/Packers tix go for less than face value. Except for rows 28 & up or single tix. If you don't mind sitting with a pillar in front of you or blocking your view, that's fine.

Some of those seats aren't "limited view" but the sellers usually don't tell you which. So I avoid them like the plague.

Great seats were going for $300-$400/pr. Face value: $105 per ticket.

Yeah that was per ticket. Still I was shocked. You wouldn't touch these tix for less than 150 bucks per at Lambeau.
    Go Pack go!!!

"jimmymac" wrote:
    Ok, then how about an evil stare? :evil:
    I usually save them for the refs when they make a bad call. I also gesture them with a one fingered hand movement in case they don't see the stare! :grin:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast