Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viking Fan Poll

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Viking Fan Poll

O.K., I want to get your opinion on this topic. I think it may be interesting to find out just what would happen to the Vikings fans if the team should ever leave the City of Minneapolis. I'm not saying it will happen but, IF?
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

Viking Fan Poll

It would be tuff. But I would probably root for the new team at first. And hope sometime in the future minnesota would regain there franchise and would retain the name VIKINGS.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Viking Fan Poll

Depends on the level of animosity related to the move. If they pull an Irsay and leave town unexpectedly in the middle of the night, or pull a Modell, then I think most Viking fans would say to hell with them. Then they would await a new franchise to be located in the Twin Cities.

Myself, not being a TC resident or ever having lived there, I don't know. To me, a lot of my Viking fandom goes back to the days when the team played outdoors in the cold and snow. Even though the suits and p*ssies have ruined that, it's still a part of the Viking heritage and mystique. If they relocated to, say Los Angeles, I'm not sure that mystique remains attached to them. And if they move to the left coast, I sure as heck won't remain a season ticket holder since airfare out there will probably be much more. A move out there would probably make it much more difficult to remain a fan.

Because of the Nordic heritage of the locals, I would think the "Vikings" name and logo would have to be reserved for Minnesota if they ever got another team there, like happened with the Browns in Cleveland.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Viking Fan Poll

Being from NY originally I would probably root for the Giants if the Vikings ever leave Minnesota.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Viking Fan Poll

I don't even care to think about it :!: It will not happen :!: :!:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Viking Fan Poll

"TEXPACK" wrote:
    O.K., I want to get your opinion on this topic. I think it may be interesting to find out just what would happen to the Vikings fans if the team should ever leave the City of Minneapolis. I'm not saying it will happen but, IF?

Since there are so many players on the vikes that I like, they would be my favorite team no matter where they went. Although I think there is no way they leave, they would still remain my favorite team without a doubt, if they did.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Viking Fan Poll

Depends where they would move to. IF L.A i think i would still follow them because it means i can see all there game, well at least all there home games. I catch all the laker home games, so if they moved down there, i prolly get to see the vikes more often. :cheers:

I dont know about anywhere else. However i do want the vikes to stay in minny since its a reason to go there, see mall of america and even a reason to see snow if its winter time.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Viking Fan Poll

I probably would wait for their to be a new expansion team in Minnesota, like what happened with the Browns. I couldn't root for the LA Vikings. Just couldn't.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Viking Fan Poll

I would probably stay with the Vikings because I just can't see myself rooting for any other team.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie

Viking Fan Poll

It would be hard at first but I would continue to root for them, because they would still be the Vikes to me. BUT it will NOT happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast