Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Depth Chart at the end of Season

    DE - Darrion Scott and Spencer Johnson
    DT - Pat Williams and CJ Mosley
    DT - Kevin Williams and Spencer Johnson
    DE - Erasmus James and Lance Johnstone

    Add into this Equation - Udeze!!

    I am going to take my Puple tinted Glasses off for a second and say this.

    I am happy with K and P Will plus Mosley plus Johnstone(part time DE) BUT................

    I don't really have a feel for what we are going to get from UDEZE, JAMES SCOTT and JOHNSON. In other words, I am worried about our DE spot. We have seen glimpses of Udeze and James and S Johnson at their finest but we haven't seen it for a prolonged period of time. Do they want to play? Do the want to excel? Are they going to play at a high level?

    If we land Hutch, do we go after a DE in the first or second round? Keep in mind that Childress stated that everything starts up front. Does Childress believe in the guys we have on the D-line?
    Keep in mind that KWill was essentially playing out of shape and coming back from injury last year he was not near the player that he was the year before...he will be SIGNIFICANTLY better.

    Udeze was HURT, so we should also see significantly better play from him next season.

    James was a ROOKIE, he will definitely be better, especially when KWill starts to cause more havoc in the middle with PWill and the coaches turn him loose on some poor unsuspecting QBs.

    Darrion and Spencer are SOLID backup types that can play both end AND tackle. Mosley is also a solid rotation guy who can give us quality snaps.

    We have much more pressing needs in the LB department and at SS...improve the level of play there, along with KWill's return to dominance, and the DEs we have will do just fine. We can't fix everything in one year...we need to focus on the LB corps first (especially with the Cover 2 being instituted) then we can start worrying about upgrading our DL (which does have some talented players already).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #12
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    "fabybaby32" wrote:
    I say we give Brock Lesnar another shot.
    lmao, I would love to see him suit up. Highly unlikely, but it would be a good humor.

  3. #13
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    Erasmus James really picked his game up towards the end of last season. We all know what Udeze can do. I really think we are fine on the D-Line. We need to look at QB, and LB in the draft.

  4. #14
    Vikadelic is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    150

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Our Sack totals were unimpressive last season.

    We really need to get more production from K-Wil or we will be in trouble.

    Our D-line was not impressive last season!!!

    I don't understand if it was scheme last season and/or the new scheme will help this season.

    It is really the one area that we haven't addressed yet at all. So either the HC is happy with what he has or we are planning on doing something about it. We didn't take a stab in FA at anyone, so to me it is looking like a draft choice???????
    I agree with the K-Wil production. He could be the x factor for us. I am definitely not worried about James at all. He looks solid and now he needs to play up to his potential. That kid could turn out to be great.

  5. #15
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "fabybaby32" wrote:
    I say we give Brock Lesnar another shot.
    lmao, I would love to see him suit up. Highly unlikely, but it would be a good humor.
    if he could learn the system he could own as a DT. hes like 330lbs of solid muscle. probably not enough fat in him to fill a teacup. I would love to get him and send him to europe or arena league for a year.

  6. #16
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    Kenechi Udeze - Kevin Williams - Pat Williams - Erasmus James
    1st Round 04 - 1st Round 03 - Undrafted Beast - 1st Round 05

    I think there's a great mix of potential and current ability there. Remember Udeze had shoulder problems in 2004 (that was the reason he dropped to us in the first place, otherwise he was a lock for the top 5), and Kevin Williams played at the wrong weight and suffered as a result.

    I think there's enough talent there to get at least 25-30 sacks from the Front 4 alone.

  7. #17
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "fabybaby32" wrote:
    I say we give Brock Lesnar another shot.
    lmao, I would love to see him suit up. Highly unlikely, but it would be a good humor.
    if he could learn the system he could own as a DT. hes like 330lbs of solid muscle. probably not enough fat in him to fill a teacup. I would love to get him and send him to europe or arena league for a year.
    Yeah, but it appeared to me that he doesnt know the game very well. It may take a year for him to get the roids out of his system (pure conjecture, but I wouldn't be surprised for a second).

  8. #18
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    Points allowed: 344 (#19 of 32 in the NFL)

    Team Defense

    .....................|---------- PASSING -----------|.....|----- RUSHING -----|..TOTAL
    .....................CMP...ATT...YD....YPA...TD..I NT....ATT....YD...YPA...TD....YD
    .....................318....533...3332..6.25..23.. 24......462..1841..3.98..14...5173
    NFL rank --->..22.....22.....22.....18.....24...2.......21.... .19.....17....18.....21


    2005...................Total...Tackles...Assists.. .Sacks...Fum Rec
    Vikings................1090...857.0......233...... ..34...........20
    Opponents...........1018...811.0......207........5 4...........22
    Pat Williams............66.....41.0........25........1.5...........1
    Darrion Scott...........58....39.0........19..........4... .........1
    Kevin Williams.........42....30.0........12..........4.. ..........1
    Spencer Johnson.....29.....20.0.........9..........0
    Erasmus James.......28.....23.0.........5..........4
    Lance Johnstone......20.....15.0.........5........7.5
    C.J. Mosley.............19.....15.0.........4.......... 3
    Kenechi Udeze..........5.....5.00.........1..........0.... Injured Season 3 games.
    Kenechi Udeze........36......25.0.......11.........5...... .......1....2004 Stats 16 games.


    4 Sacks looks like a magic number on this list.

  9. #19
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Points allowed: 344 (#19 of 32 in the NFL)

    Team Defense

    .....................|---------- PASSING -----------|.....|----- RUSHING -----|..TOTAL
    .....................CMP...ATT...YD....YPA...TD..I NT....ATT....YD...YPA...TD....YD
    .....................318....533...3332..6.25..23.. 24......462..1841..3.98..14...5173
    NFL rank --->..22.....22.....22.....18.....24...2.......21.... .19.....17....18.....21


    2005...................Total...Tackles...Assists.. .Sacks...Fum Rec
    Vikings................1090...857.0......233...... ..34...........20
    Opponents...........1018...811.0......207........5 4...........22
    Pat Williams............66.....41.0........25........1 .5...........1
    Darrion Scott...........58....39.0........19..........4... .........1
    Kevin Williams.........42....30.0........12..........4.. ..........1
    Spencer Johnson.....29.....20.0.........9..........0
    Erasmus James.......28.....23.0.........5..........4
    Lance Johnstone......20.....15.0.........5........7.5
    C.J. Mosley.............19.....15.0.........4.......... 3
    Kenechi Udeze..........5.....5.00.........1..........0.... Injured Season 3 games.
    Kenechi Udeze........36......25.0.......11.........5...... .......1....2004 Stats 16 games.

    I do not think that the stats are a good indication on how the season went, the first half was so bad that stats are not all you can go by! Our defense really improved the second half of the season and not having Cottrell's crazy schemes will help our D immensely this year! I am not ready to give up on Kenechi yet, this year is his make or break year. Erasmus kept improving as the year went along, and I think him and Kenechi will benefit greatly from having a better coaching staff in place! I love what Childress said about the coaches teaching the players to be better!

    So I would feel comfortable going into this year with our D-line the way that it is!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #20
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Viking - DEFENSIVE - Line

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Depth Chart at the end of Season

    DE - Darrion Scott and Spencer Johnson
    DT - Pat Williams and CJ Mosley
    DT - Kevin Williams and Spencer Johnson
    DE - Erasmus James and Lance Johnstone

    Add into this Equation - Udeze!!

    I am going to take my Puple tinted Glasses off for a second and say this.

    I am happy with K and P Will plus Mosley plus Johnstone(part time DE) BUT................

    I don't really have a feel for what we are going to get from UDEZE, JAMES SCOTT and JOHNSON. In other words, I am worried about our DE spot. We have seen glimpses of Udeze and James and S Johnson at their finest but we haven't seen it for a prolonged period of time. Do they want to play? Do the want to excel? Are they going to play at a high level?

    If we land Hutch, do we go after a DE in the first or second round? Keep in mind that Childress stated that everything starts up front. Does Childress believe in the guys we have on the D-line?
    didn't you watch james play he is going to be awesome.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Defensive line shows its stuff.
    By erik5032 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:26 AM
  2. NFL Defensive Line Profiles
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 07:49 AM
  4. defensive line coach
    By TARK10 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 04:59 PM
  5. Defensive line!?!?
    By vikoles in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 02:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •