Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jackbauer1982 is offline Waterboy

Viking CB told Bears WR his defensive strategy?

As per: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-060924bearsbrite2,1,6944764.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Davis lined up in the slot as teammate Mushin Muhammad split out wide. He had shown Whitaker a few basic corner-route maneuvers earlier in the game, and Whitaker told Davis he was specifically defending the corner route. So Whitaker routinely shifted his body weight and leverage to the outside as Davis approached him.

"He made the mistake [of telling me] he was playing me outside," Davis said.

WTF? Is Ronyell Whitaker Lebron James or Michael Jordan? Is he so good that he can tell the opposition what is coming and still beat them? Obviously not. I hope Childress hears about this.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Viking CB told Bears WR his defensive strategy?

If only they would let their play do the talking and not their mouthes

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

who does this guy think he is? deion sanders?

he needs to shut his mouth and play and learn from A. winfield and not that sorry ass f smoot who got burned on at least 5 3rd down plays.

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"michaelmazid" wrote:

he needs to shut his mouth and play and learn from A. winfield and not that sorry jiggly butt f smoot who got burned on at least 5 3rd down plays.
    Speaking of Mr. Smoot, I am starting to wish the Vikings would have kept Mr. Brian Williams.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"MaddenVodkaAddict" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

he needs to shut his mouth and play and learn from A. winfield and not that sorry jiggly butt f smoot who got burned on at least 5 3rd down plays.
    Speaking of Mr. Smoot, I am starting to wish the Vikings would have kept Mr. Brian Williams.
    I always did wish we had B-Will. The only thing that makes me glad we have Smoot now is B-Wills off the field antics of late.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"michaelmazid" wrote:

Don't put the blame entirely on Smoot. Winfield got burned on 3rd & long also & was also giving his receiver way to much room.

As mentioned on K-FAN, that amount of space the DB's were giving the receivers, may have been part of the defensive strategy to prevent yards after the catch.

If that is the case, then I'd have to question the defensive play calling on 3rd & long. They didn't allow the extra yards, but it still gave the Bears a 1st down.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Del Rio Guest

"singersp" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:

Don't put the blame entirely on Smoot. Winfield got burned on 3rd & long also & was also giving his receiver way to much room.

As mentioned on K-FAN, that amount of space the DB's were giving the receivers, may have been part of the defensive strategy to prevent yards after the catch.

If that is the case, then I'd have to question the defensive play calling on 3rd & long. They didn't allow the extra yards, but it still gave the Bears a 1st down.
    The cushion was horrible. 1st and 10 and you have a 12 yard cushion. It was pretty weak.
    That being said, Smoot is touted as a coverage corner, A. Winfield is not. If that makes any difference to anyone.

Also not that you want to give your opponent any sort of edge, but if he was covering the corner all night, the WR new it anyway, because A) His coaches told him B) He saw it himself.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jackbauer1982" wrote:
    As per: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-060924bearsbrite2,1,6944764.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Davis lined up in the slot as teammate Mushin Muhammad split out wide. He had shown Whitaker a few basic corner-route maneuvers earlier in the game, and Whitaker told Davis he was specifically defending the corner route. So Whitaker routinely shifted his body weight and leverage to the outside as Davis approached him.

"He made the mistake [of telling me] he was playing me outside," Davis said.

WTF? Is Ronyell Whitaker Lebron James or Michael Jordan? Is he so good that he can tell the opposition what is coming and still beat them? Obviously not. I hope Childress hears about this.
    He did not LITERALLY tell him what he was going to do.
    Davis is saying that he was able to see how Whitaker would cover him based on how he set up his body prior to the snap.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

people, last week you were praising smoot, this year you'd rather have Brian DWI Williams.

come on

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    people, last week you were praising smoot, this year you'd rather have Brian DWI Williams.

come on
    Well, I've said for months that letting Brian Williams go was a huge mistake.

Look it up!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast