Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikesgeek claims inside information on the draft...

It isn't that big of a deal it says they won't move up for him and he will be gone in the top ten.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

I actually hope we trade up for him. I don't want Leinart, who will probably never be a Pro-bowl QB, Cutler's fine, because he has a lot of potential (proven winner, not exactly), but Young is who I really want to lead us, he has the potential to be a Steve McNair, a John Elway, a Randle Cunningham, or a Donovan McNabb. Now I don't know about you guys, but I would take any one of those guys to lead my team (in their prime of course).

purplepride818 is offline Starter

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    I actually hope we trade up for him. I don't want Leinart, who will probably never be a Pro-bowl QB, Cutler's fine, because he has a lot of potential (proven winner, not exactly), but Young is who I really want to lead us, he has the potential to be a Steve McNair, a John Elway, a Randle Cunningham, or a Donovan McNabb. Now I don't know about you guys, but I would take any one of those guys to lead my team (in their prime of course).

yeah but only 1 of those guys you listed has won a superbowl. and elway had a great D and even better RB. no way i want vince young on my team

Formo is offline Team Alumni

McNair, Cunningham and McNabb have never won the Superbowl. Elway took what? 4 shots to get one? And even then, he had ALOT of help from his RB and offensive line. I'm sorry, but I don't want a QB like that. I want a QB like Big Ben, Tom Brady, or Aikmen. Whether or not Young, Cutler or Leinart are like those QBs, we won't know for another handful of years. Here's my take:

Young = Vick. Flashy, will win some big games, but after 2 years of taking beatings, starts to faulter.

Cutler = Either Harrington or J.T. O'Sullivan. He'll be good enough to be drafted, but be put behind a premere QB and will be forgotten, or will struggle for years much like Harrington or Carr has

Leinart = Manning(esque) or Rothlesburger. He'll make some sort of an impact. May take a year or two before he gets ahold of his teams offense (leaning on the thought that he stays with one team/system), but will make impact nonetheless.

Of course, all are my own opinions and thoughts.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

fabybaby32 is offline Rookie

I would rather have Omar Jacobs than Vince Young. Jacobs, IMO, posesses the same skills and talent as Young. He just didnt play for a powerhouse team so he doesnt get much attention.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepride818" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:

yeah but only 1 of those guys you listed has won a superbowl. and elway had a great D and even better RB. no way i want vince young on my team
    Give me the great D (we have most of the personnel to do it already) and that even better RB (DeAngelo Williams) and it won't matter who plays QB (unless it's JT O'Suckalot)!!!

DeAngelo at #17...no moving up!!!

D'Qwell in the second round at #48...Croyle, Jacobs or Whitehurst at #51.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "purplepride818" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:

Give me the great D (we have most of the personnel to do it already) and that even better RB (DeAngelo Williams) and it won't matter who plays QB (unless it's JT O'Suckalot)!!!

Cajun,
    Why are you so facinated by Williams? You are on a bunch of threads which all state the same thing. So how do you really feel? :grin:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "purplepride818" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:

I think I'm going to have to agree with cajun here. I don't know how much I like DeAngelo but I do like the other two picks. I'd rather have Maroney at #17 but that's just my Minny bias coming into play!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    #17)DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
    #48)D'Qwell Jackson LB Maryland
    #51)Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green
    i wouldnt mind that draft at all. but dont we already have EJ for the ILB and we need an outside or will EJ stick to OLB after moving to it last year because of Cowart at the ILB. Therefore we'll have E.J. Henderson, D'Qwell, Napoleon Harris for our LB's.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"Formo" wrote:
    McNair, Cunningham and McNabb have never won the Superbowl. Elway took what? 4 shots to get one? And even then, he had ALOT of help from his RB and offensive line. I'm sorry, but I don't want a QB like that. I want a QB like Big Ben, Tom Brady, or Aikmen. Whether or not Young, Cutler or Leinart are like those QBs, we won't know for another handful of years. Here's my take:

Young = Vick. Flashy, will win some big games, but after 2 years of taking beatings, starts to faulter.

Cutler = Either Harrington or J.T. O'Sullivan. He'll be good enough to be drafted, but be put behind a premere QB and will be forgotten, or will struggle for years much like Harrington or Carr has

Leinart = Manning(esque) or Rothlesburger. He'll make some sort of an impact. May take a year or two before he gets ahold of his teams offense (leaning on the thought that he stays with one team/system), but will make impact nonetheless.

Of course, all are my own opinions and thoughts.
    The never won a super bowl argument is legit, but are you telling me that if you could Donovan McNabb or John Elway in his prime to lead our team, you wouldn't take him?

Big Ben??? He won the super bowl but he hardly did it by himself. I could probably name 10 QBs who would've won a super bowl with his supporting cast last year.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast